Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
    I only need one excuse: BC is better than Maine. It was nice to get swept, at least.

BC might have the edge for now but the Bears appear to be moving in the right direction and the above statement may not hold true at season’s end. The only games I have missed this season were at Union, no regrets there, but I have seen the last 10-games and they seem to be progressing. They aren’t a Denver or Miami yet but they are working harder trying to improve with each and every game.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
      BC might have the edge for now .
      Maine has improved but C'mon, BC has a ton of talent. No Chance Maine finishes ahead of BC
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I don't know. I guess we'll see.

I think BC is probably a work in progress, too. They'll make strides between now and March. They just seem so much more skilled. Maine works hard, and has a few scoring threats - which is nice. But BC passes the puck much, much better I thought...
        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
          BC might have the edge for now but the Bears appear to be moving in the right direction and the above statement may not hold true at season’s end.
          A little early to be drinking the moonshine, no?
          Originally posted by reBlur
          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

I only need one excuse: BC is better than Maine. It was nice to get swept, at least.

Union must be better than us as well.
            When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
              Union must be better than us as well.
              No. That's just childish.

If Maine plays like garbage, they can lose to anyone.

If Maine plays their best, and their opponent plays like garbage, they can beat anyone.

Most of the time, things are somewhere in the middle. If BC plays up to their ability (or even close) and beats or ties Maine, we can skip the soul searching. That was my point.
              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Pryor laid that guy out and Cornell made a few hits also. Van Dyk missed every hip check he threw tonight.
                That's funny

Comment

Maine has improved but C'mon, BC has a ton of talent. No Chance Maine finishes ahead of BC
                  At last count, BC has 7 1st or 2nd round draft picks. Just a little talent.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
                    There is no excuse for losing another 2-0 lead at home. This happens way too much. Maine gets a 2 goal lead and then stops playing. Go for the Jugular and put a team away.
                    How can they, when Timid Tim is standing behind them telling them to sit on the lead, don't take chances, and conserve their energy?

Coaches not to lose instead of coaching to win. You got a team down, you keep doing what you're doing and put them away.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

No. That's just childish.

If Maine plays like garbage, they can lose to anyone.

If Maine plays their best, and their opponent plays like garbage, they can beat anyone.

Most of the time, things are somewhere in the middle. If BC plays up to their ability (or even close) and beats or ties Maine, we can skip the soul searching. That was my point.

Maine had them down and let them back up. The university doesn't accept losses just like it doesn't accept ties. Well it never used to anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        How can they, when Timid Tim is standing behind them telling them to sit on the lead, don't take chances, and conserve their energy?

Coaches not to lose instead of coaching to win. You got a team down, you keep doing what you're doing and put them away.

When will we hear an announcement that James gave TIMMAY an extension? You know he will

Comment

Who's gonna be in Portland next Saturday? Where should we meet for grub and grog?
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            Who's gonna be in Portland next Saturday? Where should we meet for grub and grog?
                            Haven't decided if I'm going, my seats suck just like usual for that game. Love how they take care of us season ticket holders
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Haven't decided if I'm going, my seats suck just like usual for that game. Love how they take care of us season ticket holders

They don't give a *hit about the season ticket holders.

Comment

I went last year. Skipping this year. My tickets were pretty good last year. Haven't looked to see where we are for the St. Lawrence game.

Comment

Working...
                                X