Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Looks like Learfield is on the ball again, I can't seem to get the game on the Yahoo player.
    i think the broadcast page schedule is wrong... it says 6:30, but if you look at the team schedule page and where the audio link is, it says 7:00
    Last edited by gscott13; 11-14-2009, 05:53 PM.

Comment

yeah, but 6:30 is the pregame show, which they usually broadcast.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
        Very true. Maine still has no running game. Hope Jack is o.k.
        It was nice to see someone on the Maine sideline wearing a Bowdoin College hat.

Comment

6-2 Bears. I didn't expect that, but I'm very pleased.
          GO MAINE

Comment

Maine Hockey Journal
            Updated 11/14 Maine’s winning streak snapped by Northeastern
            USCHO.com's MASCAC and ECAC-Northeast Columnist

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Penalties, penalties, penalties, need to find a way to keep the hard play without the 2 minutes in the sin bin. 2 points on the road ain't bad but after the nice win on friday I was hoping for more. Still 2 games under
              .500, not much of a record
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Wherez the killer instinct? Maine had em down after the first night and shoulda coulda gone for the juggular, but didnt. Big Lar sounded a little disgusted they didnt want work hard enuf to deliver the knockout blow sat night. Points are precious boyz, you grab them when you can....last night was a lost opportunity with apparently mediocre effort and dumb penalties....shame
                I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                  Wherez the killer instinct? Maine had em down after the first night and shoulda coulda gone for the juggular, but didnt. Big Lar sounded a little disgusted they didnt want work hard enuf to deliver the knockout blow sat night. Points are precious boyz, you grab them when you can....last night was a lost opportunity with apparently mediocre effort and dumb penalties....shame
                  It was a huge game for northeastern, at home, and they played like it. I thought Maine played pretty well just had some trouble finishing and then Darling really played awful in the third. I think he just ran out of gas. Beattie played really good and Leidermark appears much quicker to me then he did at the start of the season. Were diamond and Dek hurt or just not good enough to get into the lineup this week? I was expecting both to play last night. I would say that a 3-3 start in hockey east is very good considering the schedule they have had.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    It was a huge game for northeastern, at home, and they played like it. I thought Maine played pretty well just had some trouble finishing and then Darling really played awful in the third. I think he just ran out of gas. Beattie played really good and Leidermark appears much quicker to me then he did at the start of the season. Were diamond and Dek hurt or just not good enough to get into the lineup this week? I was expecting both to play last night. I would say that a 3-3 start in hockey east is very good considering the schedule they have had.
                    Dek is hurt, concussion. Not sure on Diamond
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I went last night. It was my first time seeing the team this year. They are a lot more fun to watch than last year's team, especially some of the frosh forwards. It seemed like after Darling gave up a relatively soft 3rd goal, he appeared to lose some confidence.

I had one small observation last night and perhaps some one who attends more games than I can let me know if I am off base but does Timmay not wear ties any more behind the bench? Personally, no big deal to me if he does or does not, it just seemed wierd. Living in NH, I am used to the Umile turtleneck, but can I expect Timid Timmay the tieless coach going forward?

It seems like you have to pretty comfortable that your boss will not fire you if you do not wear a tie to the office.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Dek is hurt, concussion. Not sure on Diamond
                        Diamond was a HEALTHY SCRATCH...

Comment

Originally posted by mainescores View Post
                          Diamond was a HEALTHY SCRATCH...
                          Hopefully a weekend off does him some good and lets him clear his head. He's looked good in the games i've seen this year, just been a bit unlucky.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Huge character weekend against BC fri/sat. BC is probably the toughest opponent on the schedule. A weekend split would be terrific. I fear that two losses could put this team into a slump which could be difficult to recover from.

BC is very talented, very fast, and healthy. Should be interesting to see if this "new look" Maine team can keep up with them.

Maine needs to work on playing all three periods regardless of the situation. Darling needs to work on his nerves and just calm down out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Potato in NH View Post
                              I went last night. It was my first time seeing the team this year. They are a lot more fun to watch than last year's team, especially some of the frosh forwards. It seemed like after Darling gave up a relatively soft 3rd goal, he appeared to lose some confidence.

I had one small observation last night and perhaps some one who attends more games than I can let me know if I am off base but does Timmay not wear ties any more behind the bench? Personally, no big deal to me if he does or does not, it just seemed wierd. Living in NH, I am used to the Umile turtleneck, but can I expect Timid Timmay the tieless coach going forward?

It seems like you have to pretty comfortable that your boss will not fire you if you do not wear a tie to the office.
                              Yeah, I also noticed “Tieless Tim” but he normally wears one and I have never seen him in a game without. Maybe Trainer Paul used it on him as a tourniquet the night before when he got a stick in the head and they weren’t able to get it back from the cleaners in time for the game.

Cornell learned if you high stick the coach you get to sit in the stands the next night. I really believe Tim just wanted to give Carriere a chance to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                                Yeah, I also noticed “Tieless Tim” but he normally wears one and I have never seen him in a game without. Maybe Trainer Paul used it on him as a tourniquet the night before when he got a stick in the head and they weren’t able to get it back from the cleaners in time for the game.

Cornell learned if you high stick the coach you get to sit in the stands the next night. I really believe Tim just wanted to give Carriere a chance to play.
                                Keep CORNELL in the lineup....all the time...as for Carriere,yes good to have him in the lineup...BUT not in the D-end,but in place of Lindermark...Carriere more useful in the fore-check and energy side of his play...Lindermark looks to be lost...he needs some watching of the College game imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X