Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Well maybe we found one of timmays keys to success, give him a concussion early and he's in a daze for the game and corkum has to coach them!!! Brilliant!!!
    Nice win, still doesn't change what needs to happen when the season is over.

Comment

Maine Hockey Journal
      Updated 11/14 Maine dominates Northeastern in Hockey East action
      USCHO.com's MASCAC and ECAC-Northeast Columnist

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        BB Cubby will be all over you for that. How dare you look at whats happened in a rational matter. No room for that here
        Not really. I just try to look at the positives in our wins. I mean they're better than losses right?? You play the schedule you're dealt. I see progress being made. 6 goals has gotta help build offensive confidence. Actually, I was a bit disappointed with our third period play last night. NU was was at its weakest point in the third and you would have thought we would have continued to roll over them. But scorewise we tied 2-2 in the third and we got outshot 8-6. Playing with a 5 goal lead is not something we're used to but need to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          Would you prefer he dyed his hair?

A comb maybe.....or a brush ?? I understand full well that teeth brushes are taboo, but hair brushes too ?
          I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
            Timid Tim takes a stick to the head and gets front page USCHO coverage....lol. Thats one way for those Bearz to get coverage I guess.

A rather hapless NU team at this point. Look who we've beaten...a down BU, a down NU, a down UVM ....only really impressive win so far has been MSU which I admit was a tough team. But, they're points and we luv em, in fact we need em badly. I want a road win against a quality opponent to become a true believer. Right now, I'm in mode.
            To me the big thing was they were playing a depleted team, on the road, and they did just what a good team would do. They crushed them. I love it. Road points. Yum. Tonight's game is huge for so many reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
              I want a road win against a quality opponent to become a true believer.
              Me too.......beat Merrimack or Lowell on the road, and I'll be a believer!

Comment

for those not in attendance, darling made a highlight reel save as time expired. he came out of the net to challenge a shooter and made a hasek-like flopping save. i'm not sure if he got the puck with a poke check or knocked it away with his arm on the follow through (no glasses) but it was cool
                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

..actually i thought it went off his helmet. regardless he came out to cut the angle, nice save. entire ME team played a great disciplined gm.
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                    Me too.......beat Merrimack or Lowell on the road, and I'll be a believer!
                    Bet you never thought those words would ever come out of your mouth.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                      ..actually i thought it went off his helmet. regardless he came out to cut the angle, nice save. entire ME team played a great disciplined gm.
                      Nice to see the players are listening to the coach and executing. Playing with discipline was one of the "keys to the game"(except for the 3rd period). The other two were making the transition from defense to offense and taking Rawlings "eyes away". Nice win by Maine football today over URI. Triester passed for almost 400 yards and a 89% completion in his first start

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                        Triester passed for almost 400 yards and a 89% completion in his first start
                        If Turcotte hadn't gotten hurt, this would have been a great Maine football team. Also Cozzy was rushed off the field after the game, shortness of breath I guess?
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

If Turcotte hadn't gotten hurt, this would have been a great Maine football team. Also Cozzy was rushed off the field after the game, shortness of breath I guess?
                          On behalf of Williamsburg's finest, you're welcome.

It'll be an uphill battle at Durham, but Maine's not eliminated yet...
                          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Very true. Maine still has no running game. Hope Jack is o.k.

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                              On behalf of Williamsburg's finest, you're welcome.

It'll be an uphill battle at Durham, but Maine's not eliminated yet...
                              MAine will get crushed at UNH but if Turcotte was there that might not be the case. If Maine couldn't beat UNH at home in a snow storm(last year) I doubt they can win at Durham.
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Looks like Learfield is on the ball again, I can't seem to get the game on the Yahoo player.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X