Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

No one is going anywhere while Blake James is the AD.......that's 2 more years and coincides with TIMMAY's "rumored" contract expiration. Every coach at UMaine will be there at least 2 more years unless they have sex with co-eds, or get DUIs and give officers false names.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      If Maine succeeds then Tim won't be fired. You want Tim to be fired...it's not hard to connect the dots.
      You're forgetting that "connecting the dots" requires a subjective assessment of the probability that Maine will be successful under current leadership.

I don't have anything against the guy. There are blowhards here who probably think the Tim's a bad person who deserves to have bad things happen to him. That's silly. I hope he's successful and happy and everything else. Sometimes a divorce is a disaster. Sometimes it leaves both parties better off.

At the end of the day, I still root for Maine first. If Tim ultimately succeeds in Orono, I'll have no problem eating crow.
      1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
        Not that it matters or that I even care all that much but I find it curious that after beating two ranked teams in a row that Maine doesn't even get a vote in the poll. Love the respect. Sad.
        We're all excited about the past two wins but that shouldn't give us an automatic sniff at the rankings. We beat BU who was without their #1 offensive threat. We have not won a road game. We don't have a York or Parker behind the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
          No one is going anywhere while Blake James is the AD.......that's 2 more years and coincides with TIMMAY's "rumored" contract expiration. Every coach at UMaine will be there at least 2 more years unless they have sex with co-eds, or get DUIs and give officers false names.
          (If I'm Timmy,I'd opt for sex with a co-ed,and thereby go out in a blaze of glory.)

Whatever...I still want him gone.This team could get somewhere,with an aggressive coach at the helm.

I'm watching Denver,UND,etc. every weekend,and Maine is on some part of same page,talent-wise,I swear to God!If Darling continues his return to form,and somebody lets the Bears play,they should be very much in the mix,given enough leash.

Comment

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...70/1/index.htm

*sigh*

Comment

Thanks for the reminder, I was stationed on Okinawa at that time and was really surprised when I opened up my SI that week and saw the article on Maine in it. Good memories.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                (If I'm Timmy,I'd opt for sex with a co-ed,and thereby go out in a blaze of glory.)

Whatever...I still want him gone.This team could get somewhere,with an aggressive coach at the helm.

I'm watching Denver,UND,etc. every weekend,and Maine is on some part of same page,talent-wise,I swear to God!If Darling continues his return to form,and somebody lets the Bears play,they should be very much in the mix,given enough leash.
                I think you have alot of people behind you in that Whitehead needs to go...that is the only way this program can rebound..and with that they need a coach that pushes/teaches his players...could that be why things have changed in the last few games...Whitehead feeling the heat...and maybe there's more imput into the game play & plans from Corkum? Players listening to Corkum? There is talent on this team...but not yet at the level of a top 10 team....can it happen? Changes need to be made and some are happening as we have witnessed the last few games...but still improvement is a must...just take the 2nd period performances of the team so far this season....lets HOPE.... BEAT NU...!

Comment

I like this one better
                  http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...8267/index.htm

138 straight sellouts
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    I like this one better
                    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...8267/index.htm

138 straight sellouts
                    How many games is it since we've had a sellout?
                    When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Maine Hockey Journal
                      Updated 11/12 Junior Monarchs migrating to Orono
                      USCHO.com's MASCAC and ECAC-Northeast Columnist

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Great link to the 1993 article. What are the chances that Timmay would saying close to this:

"Like him or not, Walsh is doing for college hockey what Ron Fraser, the colorful former coach at the University of Miami, did for college baseball. Walsh's more genteel peers compare him with Al Davis, the win-by-any-means boss of the Los Angeles Raiders. "I've been successful, and with success comes an intrinsic jealousy," Walsh says. "Frankly, I don't care."

Comment

Originally posted by Potato in NH View Post
                          Great link to the 1993 article. What are the chances that Timmay would saying close to this:

"Like him or not, Walsh is doing for college hockey what Ron Fraser, the colorful former coach at the University of Miami, did for college baseball. Walsh's more genteel peers compare him with Al Davis, the win-by-any-means boss of the Los Angeles Raiders. "I've been successful, and with success comes an intrinsic jealousy," Walsh says. "Frankly, I don't care."
                          ~ Love him or Hate him...he got the job done...he's the reason we all have the "PASSION" for Maine Hockey...lets not let it slip away...."SAVE UMaine HKy...NOW." ~ DUMP Whitehead

Comment

http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/st...95865&ac=PHspt

Story on Abbott.

Comment

Originally posted by mainescores View Post
                              ~ Love him or Hate him...he got the job done...he's the reason we all have the "PASSION" for Maine Hockey
                              Absolutely agreed. Walsh's passion to lead his team produced great results and created an extremely passionate fanbase. For me, the passion for Maine hockey will never die, no matter the results. Forever optimistic, not overly confident at the moment though. Need to see the effort of the last 2 weeks for the rest of the season. This weekend is a big one. 3 points for Maine...?
                              Buzzy

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
                                Enjoyed the article. I have a suspicion that Abbott is going to be very good the rest of the way. Like him on a line with Nyquist and House. He has shown he can snipe.

Rachel Lenzi stories have been more enjoyable and frankly, better than Larry's in recent years. Can always count on a solid Lenzi write-up.
                                Buzzy

Comment

Working...
                                X