Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Not that it matters or that I even care all that much but I find it curious that after beating two ranked teams in a row that Maine doesn't even get a vote in the poll. Love the respect. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
      Not that it matters or that I even care all that much but I find it curious that after beating two ranked teams in a row that Maine doesn't even get a vote in the poll. Love the respect. Sad.
      Fine with me. I hope they keep winning and keep staying unranked. The hungrier these players are the better.

Comment

Originally posted by MaineMan View Post
        Fine with me. I hope they keep winning and keep staying unranked. The hungrier these players are the better.
        Exactly. Could be the TIMMAY effect too.

Comment

A team gets no respect after falling so far over a period of time. It's going to take many wins to regain any respectability. That's the price a team pays for "falling off the map". It seems as though a team only receives some slack once it has been at or near the top. If a team is at the bottom, forget about it.

Comment

Maine is 3-5 and we're worried about national recognition.

Hoo-boy. That's a good one.

I think Runsub5 is right. But even if Maine hadn't fallen off the map through the floor and into the basement it would still be a stretch to ask for national recognition. Yet.

Maine is still Maine. If the team is above .500 around the holidays, the poll ranking will come. And Priceless will dislocate a shoulder patting himself on the back.
            Last edited by amherstblackbear; 11-10-2009, 02:29 PM.
            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Hopefully they'll keep playing with that underdog mentality, and keep that lunchpail philosophy, instead of getting complacent and lazy after a couple wins and a poll ranking, like other TIMMAY teams have done the past few seasons.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                Maine is 3-5 and we're worried about national recognition.

Hoo-boy. That's a good one.

I think Runsub5 is right. But even if Maine hadn't fallen off the map through the floor and into the basement it would still be a stretch to ask for national recognition. Yet.

Maine is still Maine. If the team is above .500 around the holidays, the poll ranking will come. And Priceless will dislocate a shoulder patting himself on the back.
                Better than hoping the team fails.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  Hopefully they'll keep playing with that underdog mentality, and keep that lunchpail philosophy, instead of getting complacent and lazy after a couple wins and a poll ranking, like other TIMMAY teams have done the past few seasons.
                  These guys don't seem like the lazy complacent types to me.

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
                    They played pretty hard the whole game against BU, a more complete game than against Vermont. The road is still the key though, so far they've been bad on the road. Hopefully Darling has something to say about that this weekend
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      They played pretty hard the whole game against BU, a more complete game than against Vermont. The road is still the key though, so far they've been bad on the road. Hopefully Darling has something to say about that this weekend
                      I agree, and I'd rather be 3-5 to start the year beating VT, MSU, & BU and having won the last two than whatever inflated record they had last year after playing nobody. If they can get at least two points at Northeastern I would think they're on the right track.

Comment

You wouldn't have thought teams with guys like Bellamy, Hahn, Clark, Tyler, Soares, and such would be either, and yet, far too often they were.

We'll just have to see if TIMMAY can succeed in not destroying this group like he has others in the past.
                        Last edited by rufus; 11-10-2009, 07:00 PM.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                          Better than hoping the team fails.
                          We both want Maine to succeed. We just have different ideas about how to get from point A to point B.

Dissent is patriotic.
                          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            You wouldn't have thought teams with guys like Bellamy, Hahn, Clark, Tyler, Soares, and such would be either, and yet, far too often they were.

We'll just have to see if TIMMAY can succeed in not destroying this group like he has others in the past.
                            No you wouldn't, but those guys were older and still playing under the Maine "mystique", assuming the jersey was worth a victory. This young group has only known losing seasons, and I like the freisty freshmen.

Comment

I agree, and I'd rather be 3-5 to start the year beating VT, MSU, & BU and having won the last two than whatever inflated record they had last year after playing nobody. If they can get at least two points at Northeastern I would think they're on the right track.
                              I'm greedy, I want 4 points.

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                                We both want Maine to succeed. We just have different ideas about how to get from point A to point B.

Dissent is patriotic.
                                If Maine succeeds then Tim won't be fired. You want Tim to be fired...it's not hard to connect the dots.

Comment

Working...
                                X