Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Originally posted by AMC View Post
    Yeah, but legends don't destroy top tier programs.
    Maybe TIMMAY figures 20 years from now, no one's gonna remember that.

That is, if he manages to return the program to prominence. Highly doubtful, IMO.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
      Maybe TIMMAY figures 20 years from now, no one's gonna remember that.

That is, if he manages to return the program to prominence. Highly doubtful, IMO.
      That would be great logic.

You have a clean living room, you are very proud of it. I come in and poop on the floor. But then I clean it up. I'm a hero!

Comment

Any predictions on attendance for tomorrow? 4460 is my prediction
        When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
          That would be great logic.

You have a clean living room, you are very proud of it. I come in and poop on the floor. But then I clean it up. I'm a hero!
          It worked for Bush in 2004.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
            I'll bet students get 2000 tickets, which means zero revenue for the athletic dept. I say 4900
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              I'll bet students get 2000 tickets, which means zero revenue for the athletic dept. I say 4900
              Is that figured into the students tuition for each year at all? Like a hidden fee

Comment

The hockey game cuts into the end of the Patriots/Dolphins game.....sunny and 50ish tomorrow afternoon........BU in town.......hmmmm........I'll say 4,584.

Comment

Is that figured into the students tuition for each year at all? Like a hidden fee
                  I believe so

Comment

Back in my day, which is longer ago than I care to admit, they had it included as an 'activity fee' which then was $200, I think. Probably a lot more these days.

Comment

Maine Hockey Journal
                      Updated 11/8 BU vs. Maine Live Chat — 11/8/09
                      USCHO.com's MASCAC and ECAC-Northeast Columnist

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Fire Timmeh!

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                          Fire Timmeh!
                          Absolutely.

Hey, they were the first back-to-back wins in the last 30 games or so. Baby steps have been duly noted. Preponderance of evidence is still clear, though.
                          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                            Absolutely.

Hey, they were the first back-to-back wins in the last 30 games or so. Baby steps have been duly noted. Preponderance of evidence is still clear, though.
                            Yep. The swelled heads and overconfidence should be klcking in any minute now.

Comment

Interesting game, BU has the talent but Maine had the work ethic. Darling played well but he made some mistakes also. He has a whirly gig save I could do without, flopping like a seal only works when the team you're playing can't shoot the puck. When he stands tall and limits his movements Darling can win some games. He is definitely seeing the puck well. Swallow and Dek played well, probably won't see it on the score sheet. Dee disappeared. Shemansky doesn't take no for an answer, he keeps digging. Diamond had some nice passes into the crease. Dimmen, Hegarty and ONeill played well also. The refs were crap, not sure who they were but they sucked. Couldn't believe Tim called a timeout, nice move.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                Interesting game, BU has the talent but Maine had the work ethic. Darling played well but he made some mistakes also. He has a whirly gig save I could do without, flopping like a seal only works when the team you're playing can't shoot the puck. When he stands tall and limits his movements Darling can win some games. He is definitely seeing the puck well. Swallow and Dek played well, probably won't see it on the score sheet. Dee disappeared. Shemansky doesn't take no for an answer, he keeps digging. Diamond had some nice passes into the crease. Dimmen, Hegarty and ONeill played well also. The refs were crap, not sure who they were but they sucked. Couldn't believe Tim called a timeout, nice move.
                                Every ref in this league is a joke. It would help if Timmay would open his mouth once in a while instead of just nodding his head or sticking his hand up in agreement every time a ref speaks. Less than 4500 at the alfond for this one. It was a nice win though and a great pass by Nyquist to Abbott.

Comment

Working...
                                X