Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Guess I would go with Wilson.

He's been "inconsistent",to be polite,but he's also had a couple of great outings.I'm thinking that his veteran status alone will be a plus...Ya think?

Just when you think it's safe to go back into the water,Darling goes down.Maine is just too thin in goal these days,no doubt about it.
    Throw any stiff out there for the weekend. Chit, Seeley would even work. Gonna be tough sledding with your number 1 goalie out and your hottest scorer as well. If I were Tim, I'd just mail the 4 points down to Conte and Schneider and save the gas money. Timbo's got all the ready made excuses he needs to get rolled this weekend. Not to mention the fact that Maine coming town is the hi-lite of Jerry's season. Like it used to be Jackies....Jerry wins this and his season is made.
    Last edited by acs64; 01-14-2010, 04:52 AM.
    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

You guys have little faith, put Willie in, he deserves it. They can win with Willie in net, he just has to make the saves he should make.
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        You guys have little faith, put Willie in, he deserves it. They can win with Willie in net, he just has to make the saves he should make.
        Wally, all due respect but Wilsieve has lost his confidence and certainly NOT a big game goalie. We need to let the Freshman play goal Friday night. Sirman did not play that bad at UNH earlier and that is a tough environment for anyone to play in. Knowing Tim he will play the Senior just because he is a senior. Very big game Friday night tough to lose your number 1 goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberMaine View Post
          Wally, all due respect but Wilsieve has lost his confidence and certainly NOT a big game goalie. We need to let the Freshman play goal Friday night. Sirman did not play that bad at UNH earlier and that is a tough environment for anyone to play in. Knowing Tim he will play the Senior just because he is a senior. Very big game Friday night tough to lose your number 1 goalie.
          I don't know much about Sirman but what I've heard hasn't been glowing praise.Hopefully what I've heard is wrong and he can step in but.... Not sure how Willie has lost his confidence he hasn't played in months
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Here is todays article on the injuries to Darling and Dee.

http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/134723.html

Wilson should get the starts, hope he plays well. He has had some good games in the past, but has also had some real bad ones.

My opinion aside, I would hope that both have received plenty of time in net during practice. Sirman may be a good goalie, despite the showing against Union. First game in net for him and he gave up 4 goals through 2 periods. Maine has come a long way since the opening weekend, both offensively and defensively. Having not seen those games, I really don't know if the goals that Sirman gave up were the result of poor positioning on his part or defensive breakdowns by Maine that led to the goals.

Either way it will be a big test for this team on Friday night against BC.
            Last edited by True Blue Fan; 01-14-2010, 07:41 AM.

Comment

I have the sinking feeling that if BC scores the first goal tomorrow night, game over.
              Maine coach Red Gendron said:
              “We’re not satisfied unless we win, that’s the bottom line. There are no moral victories. If we were to play a season for just moral victories, why even bother playing?”

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                Throw any stiff out there for the weekend. Chit, Seeley would even work. Gonna be tough sledding with your number 1 goalie out and your hottest scorer as well. If I were Tim, I'd just mail the 4 points down to Conte and Schneider and save the gas money. Timbo's got all the ready made excuses he needs to get rolled this weekend. Not to mention the fact that Maine coming town is the hi-lite of Jerry's season. Like it used to be Jackies....Jerry wins this and his season is made.
                acs, why is "maine coming the highlight of jerry's season like it used to be jackie's," i am kind of new to this especially in terms of the early 90's but what is the reason you say that??

Comment

Originally posted by CyberMaine View Post
                  Knowing Tim he will play the Senior just because he is a senior.
                  is that known as the Marshall Plan?

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                    acs, why is "maine coming the highlight of jerry's season like it used to be jackie's," i am kind of new to this especially in terms of the early 90's but what is the reason you say that??
                    It's the drugs.
                    Originally posted by mookie1995
                    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                      It depends. Do I, in fact, suck?
                      If you have to ask......
                      Originally posted by mookie1995
                      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Considering the injuries I'd be stunned if Maine wins this game. I'm amazed that so many people are saying this is a big game...it's almost like they're building up this game so they can rip the team (or one person in particular) after they lose.

Almost.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                          Considering the injuries I'd be stunned if Maine wins this game. I'm amazed that so many people are saying this is a big game...it's almost like they're building up this game so they can rip the team (or one person in particular) after they lose.

Almost.

Any game against a conference opponent is a big game.

Comment

Nah, no build-up here. This is penciled-in as a loss. Anything better would be a complete surprise.
                            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by True Blue Fan View Post
                              This game makes up 1/27 of the conference schedule.

I penciled this game in as a loss weeks ago, even before the injuries. The bigger games are the series against UHN and the weekends at Vermont and BU. I have this team finishing third in Hockey East, behind UHN and BC.

Comment

Originally posted by True Blue Fan View Post
                                Look at the current PWR as of today. Look at who is just ahead of Maine, and just behind.

Would we want Maine to depend solely on winning the HEA post-season Champion auto-bid to get in the Tournament or instead keep in the hunt for at-large seeding through winning most of your available points from this game forward ?

Maine clearly is on the bubble right now, but in reasonably good shape. Tank the next couple of weeks with a depleted squad, however, and Maine is going to be out of the at-large hunt, although likely will not miss the conference post-season.
                                Maine coach Red Gendron said:
                                “We’re not satisfied unless we win, that’s the bottom line. There are no moral victories. If we were to play a season for just moral victories, why even bother playing?”

Comment

Working...
                                X