Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

    Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
    From the current NCAA rulebook, and this was added in the newest explanations of rules section.
    "A goal shall not be allowed if the puck has been kicked or directed into
    the goal off an attacking player’s skate. When in doubt, the goal shall be
    disallowed. A goal shall be allowed if a puck deflects off an attacking player
    who is in the act of stopping."
    Walrus tells us that DaCosta changed the direction of his skate and therefore the puck was "directed"
    A bunch of years ago, Lucas Lawson was on one skate when a Nault centering pass deflected off of his skate. DEFLECTED. (so the goal is allowed)
    as the new rule reads, "when in doubt..."
    Yeah but, wasnt it called a good goal on the ice at the time it happened? And I thought replay had to provide irrefutable evidence in order to overturn a call made on the ice. So maybe the call on the ice was wrong since there may have been doubt therefore the goal should have been disallowed at the time.

    In any event, I think the Mack got screwed.
    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

    Comment


    • Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

      Originally posted by acs64 View Post
      Yeah but, wasnt it called a good goal on the ice at the time it happened? And I thought replay had to provide irrefutable evidence in order to overturn a call made on the ice. So maybe the call on the ice was wrong since there may have been doubt therefore the goal should have been disallowed at the time.

      In any event, I think the Mack got screwed.
      Normally irrefutable evidence, but it's interesting that the wording in that rule says "any doubt" makes it no goal. Seems sort of contradictory in that case, but... NO GOAL!!!!

      Comment


      • Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

        Any news on Darlings knee? Leg?
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

        Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

        Comment


        • Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

          Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Any news on Darlings knee? Leg?
          I just got done reading the BDN and there was no mention of any injury to Darling. IMO he would not have finished that game if he had any sort of serious injury. He seemed to be able to get up and down, and go side to side ok until the end of the game.

          Also the goal that was disallowed was directed in by the players skate, it does not have to be an overt kicking motion. Any one who has ever played hockey knows you can direct the puck with your skate with very little motion or movement from the skate.
          Last edited by True Blue Fan; 01-11-2010, 08:34 AM.

          Comment


          • Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

            Originally posted by True Blue Fan View Post
            I just got done reading the BDN and there was no mention of any injury to Darling. IMO he would not have finished that game if he had any sort of serious injury. He seemed to be able to get up and down, and go side to side ok until the end of the game..
            I am right behind him and it was easy to see it was bothering him. He did move better toward the end of the game.
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

            Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

            Comment


            • Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

              Extend Timmay!!!
              You know you go to UMaine if...

              ...you think Bananas is a good name for a giant bear.
              ...you would riot after hockey games but its too darn cold.
              ...you think hockey is the only sport that matters.
              ...you hate UNH.

              Comment


              • Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

                Originally posted by Maineiak View Post
                Extend Timmay!!!
                It's a shame we don't have a winner like Jeff Jackson behind the bench.

                Comment


                • Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

                  Originally posted by Maineiak View Post
                  Extend Timmay!!!
                  Time to start a COTY thread for Timmay???

                  Comment


                  • Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

                    w00t!

                    4 games over .500 for the first time since '07!

                    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

                    Comment


                    • Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

                      Baby steps, Maine up to 16 in new poll.

                      Comment


                      • Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

                        Originally posted by True Blue Fan View Post
                        Baby steps
                        Exactly.

                        The team's on the right road, but it's just merging from the on-ramp. There's still a lot of ground to cover.

                        But they do look like they're going in the right direction, which is an improvement.
                        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

                        Comment


                        • Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

                          and the swooning eagles are on tap firday night.............should be a test to see where BC stacks up, not the other way around, based on recent results, anyway. bears really doing well. HE needs Maine and/or UNH at the Garden in march or it will have 10,000 in the building again
                          *****

                          Comment


                          • Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

                            Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            I am right behind him and it was easy to see it was bothering him. He did move better toward the end of the game.
                            Your right that it was bothering him...he had a hard time to go down,then snap right back up and he didn't move from side to side too good either....hopefully a bruise...but for the amount of time he was out there he looked like he had some sort of problem..

                            Comment


                            • Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

                              Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              I am right behind him and it was easy to see it was bothering him. He did move better toward the end of the game.
                              I noticed you moved better at the end of the game too. Quite spryly in fact.

                              Comment


                              • Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

                                Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                and the swooning eagles are on tap firday night.............should be a test to see where BC stacks up, not the other way around, based on recent results, anyway. bears really doing well. HE needs Maine and/or UNH at the Garden in march or it will have 10,000 in the building again
                                Every game Maine plays from here on in is important...in the standings/PWR......keep winning and things will take care of themselves...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X