Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
    Does not matter. People put too much stock in who is missing...blah, blah, blah...again, does not matter. What really matters is how well those left are playing....still the same team out there
    Its not the same team if one of your best players is missing.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      Missing players for the World Juniors sure hurt us in '92-'93.

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
        Where's Maine's ACC invite?
        is it the first time an America East team beat an ACC team in hoops ?
        Maine coach Red Gendron said:
        “We’re not satisfied unless we win, that’s the bottom line. There are no moral victories. If we were to play a season for just moral victories, why even bother playing?”

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          Technically, no ur right. But in reality, any team should be able to pull any player off the team, with the exception of the goalie probably, and have little to no impact on the rest of the team. Granted, maybe taking entire lines would have an impact, but a single player? Naaaaaaaaah.
          I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Ned Bunyon has passed.

*****http://cache.boston.com/resize/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2010/01/03/1262572388_2208/300h.jpg******

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/c...ef_of_belmont/

Ahhhhh........the memories.

Comment

Latest poll is out and Maine comes in at #18.

Comment

Originally posted by True Blue Fan View Post
                Probably would have been Top 15 if they had beat Princeton........but I like the long, hard road back........it's good motivation for the team.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                  Ned Bunyon has passed.

*****http://cache.boston.com/resize/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2010/01/03/1262572388_2208/300h.jpg******

I'd lose my voice screaming at him, RIP Ned
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by AMcoffee View Post
                    is it the first time an America East team beat an ACC team in hoops ?
                    According to the America East website, Vermont beat BC in basketball in '06, and two other unnamed AE teams have beaten teams from BCS conferences (I'm thinking that Vermont over Syracuse two or three years ago might be one of those)....

Comment

Originally posted by True Blue Fan View Post
                      More importantly, Maine is tied with Union at #15 in the pairwise rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        I'd lose my voice screaming at him, RIP Ned
                        Wally, Thanks for posting, I saw this mentioned but had not seen the obit. Back in the day I called Ned every name in the book and saw him just a few months ago at the Maine-NU games at Matthews.

Despite the calls I disagreed with by all accounts he seemed like a good guy and I'll have to hold off on yelling at Jeff for at least one game!

Comment

Did they end up playing the exb game yesterday? Did I miss something or was it cancelled altogether?

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                            Ned Bunyon has passed.

Rest in Peace, Ned.....
                            I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                              Wally, Thanks for posting, I saw this mentioned but had not seen the obit. Back in the day I called Ned every name in the book and saw him just a few months ago at the Maine-NU games at Matthews.

Despite the calls I disagreed with by all accounts he seemed like a good guy and I'll have to hold off on yelling at Jeff for at least one game!
                              Ned and Mcbride are classics. I had as much fun yelling at them then I did watching the game. I'll bet they loved every minute of it( I know McBride did). Loved it when Walshy would pitch a fit about some hit and McBride would be skating down the ice doing his best Louganis imitation. Awesome
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                Ned and Mcbride are classics. I had as much fun yelling at them then I did watching the game. I'll bet they loved every minute of it( I know McBride did). Loved it when Walshy would pitch a fit about some hit and McBride would be skating down the ice doing his best Louganis imitation. Awesome

Right about that Walrus. We used to refer to McBride as "McBlind"!! Bunyon the elder will be missed.
                                Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X