Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Well........that was typical Florida B.S.

Thanks House and Darling.

I don't see why we still play in Florida. Have we ever gotten a commitment because we play in this tourney???

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post

I don't see why we still play in Florida. Have we ever gotten a commitment because we play in this tourney???
      this year's tourney seems to be a good one, lots of exposure to nhl scouts and good teams to play. A true test !

Some of the guys have to play a higher tempo game, quicker changes, and avoid those long shifts, particularily getting burned on that tying 7th goal

Comment

Princeton is a talented team,their W/L nonwithstanding.It was disappointing to see Maine blow two big leads,though.Thank God,at least this team can score.

Beating CC will make the whole Florida endeavor worthwhile,if that happens.And going 66% for the remainder of the season will get the Bears in the NCAA's,is my guess.Nobody seems to be running away with anything this year.

Darling is the key.He needs to stay relaxed and let his big frame do the work.If he checks out,Maine is sunk.We have nothing behind him.(But we're still looking better than Minnesota!)

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
          Princeton is a talented team,their W/L nonwithstanding.It was disappointing to see Maine blow two big leads,though.Thank God,at least this team can score.

Beating CC will make the whole Florida endeavor worthwhile,if that happens.And going 66% for the remainder of the season will get the Bears in the NCAA's,is my guess.Nobody seems to be running away with anything this year.

Darling is the key.He needs to stay relaxed and let his big frame do the work.If he checks out,Maine is sunk.We have nothing behind him.(But we're still looking better than Minnesota!)
          I agree. Darling should stay in his net and let the puck hit him. he looks awful when he starts to wander

Comment

Beating CC will make the whole Florida endeavor worthwhile,if that happens
            Big if, its Florida
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Playing CC will help Maine's strength of schedule in the long run. No one expected them to be this good. They were picked to finish in the middle of the pack.
              USCHO.com's MASCAC and ECAC-Northeast Columnist

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

While it's important to have good goal tending, it's also important for his team mates to play good defense in front of him. In the last 5 games leading up to Princeton, Darling gave up one goal in each of those games. The defense was outstanding, blocking shots and clogging up the passing lanes (coupled with Darling making saves when he had to.)

Diamond should be back on the ice tonight offering some more speed and quickness. Maine doesn't need the Captain committing any more major penalties. In hindsight, that cost Maine the win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsmaniac View Post
                  Playing CC will help Maine's strength of schedule in the long run. No one expected them to be this good. They were picked to finish in the middle of the pack.
                  Around here I think most people picked them to miss the HE playoffs, not be middle of the pack.

The way the PWR work, this is the most important regular-season game the team plays. Win this, and they have a legit chance of making the NC$$ tunament; lose this and it's going to be very tough in the COp component (and the TUC).

Comment

Diamond mentioned to Dan Hannigan, during a between periods interview last night, that the Florida tourney was one of the reasons he committed to Maine. It certainly doesn’t hurt to put that out there during the recruiting process. Diamond also said, "I came to Maine because I wanted to play for Coach Whitehead."

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                      Diamond also said, "I came to Maine because I wanted to play for Coach Whitehead."
                      Too bad all of the recent de-committed recruits didn't feel the same way.......

I don't see Maine beating CC even if they play "decent".

CC 5 Maine 2.

Comment

Diamond mentioned to Dan Hannigan, during a between periods interview last night, that the Florida tourney was one of the reasons he committed to Maine. It certainly doesn’t hurt to put that out there during the recruiting process. Diamond also said, "I came to Maine because I wanted to play for Coach Whitehead."
                        I'm sure a lot of hockey players don't really want to spend winter break in Florida...they'd probably rather be in Fairbanks or Duluth.

Comment

So he's a complete idiot.
                          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

D A M n good win! Yee haw!!!

Comment

Great win, hope the boys get some beach time. Too bad they probably won't. Might be tough getting back here unless they arrive tomorrow.
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Too bad all of the recent de-committed recruits didn't feel the same way.......

I don't see Maine beating CC even if they play "decent".

CC 5 Maine 2.
                                What an effin idiot!

Comment

Working...
                                X