Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    yes, the state has no money and football costs a ton of money

On another note Mark Anthoine signed a NLI
    http://blogs.pressherald.mainetoday....head-to-umaine

At least Anthoine hasn't backed out yet.
    When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
      I wonder if this game is included with the season ticket package for the Pirates? That might explain why Maine season ticket holders generally get "crap" for seats.

Season Ticket holders shouldn't be required to buy tickets for the game in Portland anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
        Season Ticket holders shouldn't be required to buy tickets for the game in Portland anyway.
        speaking of which, I can't use mine. anyone want them? I'll take less than face value.

Comment

yes, the state has no money and football costs a ton of money

I'm curious what kind of impact he'll make. He definitely has good size.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
            Gotta love the new guard in the Top 20:

3. Lowell
            6. Bemidji State
            9. Quinnipiac
            12. Alaska
            17. Ferris State

Nice job TIMMAY!
            obviusly i am in agreement with you, but fwiw, no michigan, no minnesota, no new hampshire, and no bu either...

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
              obviusly i am in agreement with you, but fwiw, no michigan, no minnesota, no new hampshire, and no bu either...

Yes.

As down as I am on Maine's program lately,there's a lot of trouble to go around.

I watch nearly every Minnesota game on the tube,rooting for whomever they're playing on that night..It's not as fun as it used to be,when they lose.That's happening so often,it's beginning to feel like kicking the pooch.

4-7,just like Maine.They are calling for Lucia's head on a platter out there.

Comment

Did anybody read Big Larry's Q&A with timmay....man was that insightful. We had players leave early, a couple of recruiting mistakes, old facilities......wow nothing like going in for the kill on those questions .
                Even got timid timmays fav food and band!!!! He got to mention Sweetland, Purcell, Bishop and even snuck in Howard. Well at least he is consistent with his excuses. I liked the talk about player development and we are getting back to national prominance.....
                I don't know who's worse Big Larry and his recycled crap or timid timmay with his taped recorded answers. Oh well until Timmay and King Blake are gone...hockey will be another non winning program at Maine....at least they are consistent across all sports.
                Hope everybody has a nice Turkey Day. The sun is shining and the links are calling.....time to tee it up.

Comment

Originally posted by MEFANinLA View Post
                  Did anybody read Big Larry's Q&A with timmay....man was that insightful. We had players leave early, a couple of recruiting mistakes, old facilities......wow nothing like going in for the kill on those questions .
                  Even got timid timmays fav food and band!!!! He got to mention Sweetland, Purcell, Bishop and even snuck in Howard. Well at least he is consistent with his excuses. I liked the talk about player development and we are getting back to national prominance.....
                  I don't know who's worse Big Larry and his recycled crap or timid timmay with his taped recorded answers. Oh well until Timmay and King Blake are gone...hockey will be another non winning program at Maine....at least they are consistent across all sports.
                  Hope everybody has a nice Turkey Day. The sun is shining and the links are calling.....time to tee it up.
                  Don't forget Paul Kariya he left early 15 years ago. It's one excuse after another with TIMMAY. He's a terrible coach who can't get it done anymore. TIMMAY and Blake are both a joke. The door can't them in the *ss soon enough. Happy Thanksgiving to all the Black Bear fans out there
                  Last edited by GoBlackBears; 11-25-2009, 10:06 AM.

Comment

I don't know who's worse Big Larry and his recycled crap or timid timmay with his taped recorded answers. .
                    I missed the article although based on your assessment, I think I will pass on reading it. Seems I have heard this bit before. I am amazed he is still using the Purcell and Sweetland excuse. After watching the Northeastern games and seeing what I thought was an improved Maine team, I was starting to consider lightening up on Timmid Timmay the Tieless Tyrant but now that this old excuse has resurfaced, I am beyond ****ed off. More so than I should be as an adult.

Perhaps four days of glutony and alcohol will assist me in simmering down. Happy Thanksgiving to all. I am sure Whitehead is thankful for Purcell and Sweetland leaving early, if not, who could he blame his mess on?

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
                      Is there any chance that Maine drops football just like Northeastern?
                      There's ALWAYS a chance for the unexpected in Maine!

Comment

Great news! He's having a solid season and seems to be improved.

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                          Yeah but........what are the records of those 4 programs over the past 5 years? Have they made the NCAAs during that time?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                            Yes.

As down as I am on Maine's program lately,there's a lot of trouble to go around.

I watch nearly every Minnesota game on the tube,rooting for whomever they're playing on that night..It's not as fun as it used to be,when they lose.That's happening so often,it's beginning to feel like kicking the pooch.

4-7,just like Maine.They are calling for Lucia's head on a platter out there.
                            Only Minnesota is in a similar situation as Maine and I'm betting that they get a new coach LONG before Maine does.......and I think that we all know that the Gophers can go from the outhouse to the penthouse in one season. That's why it is so frustrating that this has dragged on for so long with Maine......it will take much longer to make them competitive once a new coach is hired.

Comment

Did anybody read Big Larry's Q&A with timmay.... old facilities......
                              Well.......how much have the spent patchworking Alfond over the past decade? They should have had a plan to build a new multi-purpose facility like the Mullins Center at UMass. Would have much more broad-based support than the silly $12 million () Pit re-hab.

God, Blake James is a numb-****!

Comment

I had to force myself to read it...thinking WELL,MAYBE something different or a goal...NOPE....it's the same old,same old.....what it comes down to it is that TW is full of himself and the BS just rides with every article.......I'd slam Mahoney,but WHY....he's just the pawn....he needs his gig as the color guy on the radio and he needs to be able to write SOMETHING in the BDNews......I know there's alot of you and myself included that are fed up with all.....

Comment

Working...
                                X