Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
    . I really believe Tim just wanted to give Carriere a chance to play.
    I'd rather see him at Forward,

At least Cronin learned something from Walshy
    http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/129625.html
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

“They were hungrier for the puck, especially in the third period,” said Maine junior defenseman Mike Banwell. “They battled harder than we did and that’s why they came out on top.”
      So why is that? You've won 13 games each of the last two seasons, and you've been on the team those two years, and yet here you are, bemoanig the fact that you didn't work hard enough. You'd think with that kind of record, the last thing you'd be is outworked in a game. Don't you even want to win? Go to the playoffs? One win on the road is enough for you to sit back and rest on your laurels?

What, you happy with the win the night before? Don't feel like putting in the effort to get another one? Happy with 13 wins, don't wanna make the effort to get more?

That's the way it's been with TIMMAY teams, they get a couple of wins under their belt, and get lazy and complacent, and don't figure they have to work anymore. How many more seasons is this gonna have to go on? A good coach would see that attitude in his players, and smack it out of his team in the locker room before the game starts. Smack it out of them before it even gets a chance to grow.

But we don't have a good coach, we have TIMMAY.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Yeah, I also noticed “Tieless Tim” but he normally wears one and I have never seen him in a game without. Maybe Trainer Paul used it on him as a tourniquet the night before when he got a stick in the head and they weren’t able to get it back from the cleaners in time for the game.

Cornell learned if you high stick the coach you get to sit in the stands the next night. I really believe Tim just wanted to give Carriere a chance to play.

Carriere should be at forward if he plays at all. Cornell needs to be on the ice.
        When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          So why is that? You've won 13 games each of the last two seasons, and you've been on the team those two years, and yet here you are, bemoanig the fact that you didn't work hard enough. You'd think with that kind of record, the last thing you'd be is outworked in a game. Don't you even want to win? Go to the playoffs? One win on the road is enough for you to sit back and rest on your laurels?

What, you happy with the win the night before? Don't feel like putting in the effort to get another one? Happy with 13 wins, don't wanna make the effort to get more?

That's the way it's been with TIMMAY teams, they get a couple of wins under their belt, and get lazy and complacent, and don't figure they have to work anymore. How many more seasons is this gonna have to go on? A good coach would see that attitude in his players, and smack it out of his team in the locker room before the game starts. Smack it out of them before it even gets a chance to grow.

The worst coach in Hockey East

Comment

I wouldn't say northeastern played that much better than Maine. Darling really was awful. Committed way to early on the second goal and it would be fair to call the third a howler. Nyquist and Flynn created some nice chances shorthanded in the third and didn't take any of them. There's been times in the past where Maine didn't show up but saturday definitely wasn't one of them.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              I wouldn't say northeastern played that much better than Maine. Darling really was awful. Committed way to early on the second goal and it would be fair to call the third a howler. Nyquist and Flynn created some nice chances shorthanded in the third and didn't take any of them. There's been times in the past where Maine didn't show up but saturday definitely wasn't one of them.
              They might have showed up, but in Banwell's own words, when push came to shove, when the game was on the line, they let themselves get outworked by NU.

They were consistently beaten to the puck, outworked in the corners, and didn't want to do the hard work that was necessary to be successful. Sure, they might have created some nice chances shorthanded, but it's easy to do stuff in open ice when there's not another guy on you. But the hard stuff, taking the puck to the front of the net, playing defense and killing penalties, winning the one on one batles, that takes effort and determination. You need to want to be succesful there.

And by their own admission, Maine didn't want. Content with a 3 game win streak, with one on the road. Content to be a mid-level team. Content with the split. Not hungry enough to go after the sweep.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

.......... I really believe Tim just wanted to give Carriere a chance to play.
                In the pre-game show Tim explained how Carriere deserved playing time based on his practices.

Comment

Its the same old pipe dream....talk/excuses...talk/excuses...excuses/talk...etc. and etc. We all see the trouble....behind the bench. Work hard/play hard and do it ON the ice with pride and grit.....keep the print service to Mahoney....play hockey NOT talk hockey..................geez..........

Comment

Originally posted by mainescores View Post
                    Its the same old pipe dream....talk/excuses...talk/excuses...excuses/talk...etc. and etc. We all see the trouble....behind the bench. Work hard/play hard and do it ON the ice with pride and grit.....keep the print service to Mahoney....play hockey NOT talk hockey..................geez..........
                    C'mon its a young team.

Comment

Well I'll come out of hibernation for a moment. Having watched the team play 3 games now this season and with the two at Northeastern fresh on my mind here's my .02 cents. If the hockey team I saw play at Northeastern is indicative of the play we will see out of them all season we have a fun, hard working, more confident team to watch.

Friday Maine played with poise and confidence and it was 1-0 after 1. We benefited from penalties on NU and took advantage of them and NU's goalie did not have a great outing.

Saturday Maine played a very good road game against an improved NU effort and we were tied at 2 with 13 minutes remaining. Whether it was tipped or not NU's 3rd goal appeared to be a soft one from just inside the blue line, followed by 2 poorly timed penalties made it 5-2. The effort was there Saturday night. Yes NU played with more desperation, but I can't say they outplayed Maine.

The Monarch line of Mangene, Shemansky, and Beattie was so much fun to watch. Nyquist despite going 0 fer on the weekend is a special player, and it appears we actually have 3 lines that can score instead of 1.

As I said at the end of last year this is the pinnacle season for me in terms of seeing the team move back to being a dominant member of Hockey East. It is a long season, so for now I am going to sit back and watch and support the team. Nothing is going to change until after the season is over with regards to coaching so why make every post about the coach?

The truth of the matter is at 3-3 in Hockey East, having played 4 of the 6 on the road we're off to a decent start with a team that SHOULD only get better as the year goes along, provided we get consistent goaltending!

I won't see Maine play again until January, so I'll say good-bye until then!
                      Last edited by BobF; 11-17-2009, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                        ......... It is a long season, so for now I am going to sit back and watch and support the team. Nothing is going to change until after the season is over with regards to coaching so why make every post about the coach?
                        I agree with this statement. The team deserves our support. There will be no coaching change in the foreseeable future. Pointless to continually ridicule the coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                          I agree with this statement. The team deserves our support. There will be no coaching change in the foreseeable future. Pointless to continually ridicule the coach.
                          Pointless?, probably, will it stop?, no and we all know it. He's here for 2 more years whether we like or not.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Pointless?, probably, will it stop?, no and we all know it. He's here for 2 more years whether we like or not.
                            We still have 2 more years to serve,when it's clear that Corkum is the only reason Maine has a decent core of talent right now?

I've been railroaded,and I can't do the time.I'm going to apply for a parole.

Maybe Bemidji will bail me out?(Those 3 goals in 1:24 vs. Minnesota last night have made me a fan.)

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                              We still have 2 more years to serve,when it's clear that Corkum is the only reason Maine has a decent core of talent right now?

Maybe Bemidji will bail me out?(Those 3 goals in 1:24 vs. Minnesota last night have made me a fan.)

It's going to be a long 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

I continue to see Bob Corkum credited for all the recruit talent. The fact of the matter is Dan Kerluke is now head of recruiting, I understand the love affair with Bob, as one who watched him play at Maine I always appreciated all the little things he did all over the ice, but credit for much of the recruiting these days should go to Dan.

Comment

Working...
                                X