Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspend Kyle Rau for as long as Jason Zucker is unable to play!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Suspend Kyle Rau for as long as Jason Zucker is unable to play!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    If you think the high stick by Bjugstad was intentional, I've got a bridge to sell you.
    This.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
      Even to my "unbiased" eyes it seems clear the Gophers put a target on JZ's back. They were head hunting him quite a bit and were successful. He needed stiches after one hit and was knocked out of the game (and perhaps longer) after the second. It's the merest coincidence the second hit came shortly after JZ scored.
      Some of this is just part of hockey. But IMO it crossed the line tonight.

Last year when Jesse Martin was very nearly killed, we got lectures from Sioux fans about how "he had his head down." That seemed to me to miss the gravity of the situation a bit. Then tonight pious Gopher fans lined up to criticize me for suggesting someone should insert a stick in Rau's rump and break it off. Why, lordy, you can't suggest physical violence against a player, even one who deliberately hurt one of the better players in the league. That wouldn't be cricket. Bosh. As if those same pious people wouldn't have approximately the same response if the situation were reversed. My hypocrisyometer went off big time.

Now the truth of the matter is I don't want anything to happen to Rau (although losing a handfull of his teeth wouldn't bother me much) I was just blowing off steam. As almost anyone would under similar circumstances.
      As to what, if any, punishment will be coming his way, anything is fine by me. Of far more importance is JZ's health and quick return to the lineup. DU's had more than it's share of injuries this year and just can't stand to lose more players. Especially first rate players like JZ.
      Bottom line most important thing is the player's condition. Based on what Gwoz said post game, I'm optimistic. " No head or neck trauma and went for x-rays as a precautionary measure". He's a tough kid. He'll be back soon. GREAT WIN FOR THE PIOS!!!!!
      Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
        The chin is part of the head, and Rau definitely brought his hands up.

And yes, if a player commits a dangerous hit against another player as Rau did, a suspension should definitely be in play as a means of punishment. If you believe an injury or lack thereof shouldn't enter into it, you're being naive with regard to how the league handles these things.
        You spelled chest wrong.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

You spelled chest wrong.
          You got the penalty wrong. Call t even.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

What did Rau get called for? 5 minutes for charging and a DQ?
            St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

All this thread needs is Kevin Costner to replay the footage over and over again while attempting to convince us of his bat**** conclusion as to what happened.

It isn't exactly Zapruder, but it's getting **** close.

Oh, and Woog > Dx. So there.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                You got the penalty wrong. Call t even.
                This made me laugh. Well played.
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                  Bottom line most important thing is the player's condition. Based on what Gwoz said post game, I'm optimistic. " No head or neck trauma and went for x-rays as a precautionary measure". He's a tough kid. He'll be back soon. GREAT WIN FOR THE PIOS!!!!!
                  Absent a fracture or dislocation, I'm optimistic, too. The kid is tough as nails.
                  2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

I sure as hell hope he's back in the next few weeks. Mostly for selfish Minnesota Wild based reasons. But also because I don't like seeing kids get hurt/
                    Code:

Comment

If you think the high stick by Bjugstad was intentional, I've got a bridge to sell you.

So if you collect tolls long enough you get to sell the bridge? Nice.

Comment

So if you collect tolls long enough you get to sell the bridge? Nice.
                        $1.50.
                        Code:

Comment

Absent a fracture or dislocation, I'm optimistic, too. The kid is tough as nails.
                          Dater tweeted that it could be shoulder.
                          Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                            Dater tweeted that it could be shoulder.
                            Well, we'll just be on tenterhooks until we hear. Drat.

Comment

Well, we'll just be on tenterhooks until we hear. Drat.
                              Had to google that.

You are, in fact old, Pio.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                Had to google that.

You are, in fact old, Pio.
                                Me too! I learned a new word on the boards. All this time is worth something after all! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenterhook
                                Go Pioneers!

Comment

Working...
                                X