Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspend Kyle Rau for as long as Jason Zucker is unable to play!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    Let me ask this another way:

Has there ever been a late hit in the history of college hockey?
    No, there has been interference because you are hitting a player without a puck. But the exact same infraction would be called if you hit a guy that had never even touched the puck (in which case it would be impossible to be "late").
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Re: Suspend Kyle Rau for as long as Jason Zucker is unable to play!

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
      My point was, and still is, that Rau wasn't penalized, ejected, or suspended for a "late hit" or as it would properly be termed, interference. He was was penalized for boarding, and ejected and suspended for blatant charging and contact to the head while Zucker was in a defenseless position. The timing of the hit had nothing to do with it.
      So What!
      The hit was still late whether he was penalized, ejected, suspended, skinned, boiled in oil, hung from a tree, forced to wear Sioux gear, etc, etc, etc.
      The hit was late.
      Now for the love of God, shut up.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
        So What!
        The hit was still late whether he was penalized, ejected, suspended, skinned, boiled in oil, hung from a tree, forced to wear Sioux gear, etc, etc, etc.
        The hit was late.
        You seem to be the one worked up about it.

Comment

You seem to be the one worked up about it.
          Look, you aren't going to get anyone to say you are right, that it wasn't late.
          You've said several times you were done arguing it and yet you continue, post after post.
          You aren't going to convince anyone, so stop.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Look, you aren't going to get anyone to say you are right, that it wasn't late.
            You've said several times you were done arguing it and yet you continue, post after post.
            You aren't going to convince anyone, so stop.
            Then why even reply? You take this WAAAY too seriously.

Comment

hey guys, I'm new here...any chance of an NCAA video game?
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                hey guys, I'm new here...any chance of an NCAA video game?
                With "late hit" calls built in

Comment

Then why even reply? You take this WAAAY too seriously.
                  Why do you keep trying to get people to say it wasn't late?
                  Why do you care whether posters on here say the hit was late or wasn't late?
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                    So What!
                    The hit was late.
                    You have now invited Donald to this circle jerk.
                    "My greatest achievement."
                    Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Why do you keep trying to get people to say it wasn't late?
                      Why do you care whether posters on here say the hit was late or wasn't late?
                      It all started with a simple observational comment. I just found it interesting that people were including "late hit" in the reasons for why he was suspended. I just remarked that from my knowledge of the interference rule (which I verified with someone experienced with reviewing calls) it likely wouldn't have been called interference if the rest of the hit was clean.

People disputed that, and I was just explaining my position. Again, I'm not disputing how dangerous (I'd even say reckless) the hit was. But I believe it was because of the nature of the charge and the contact to the head. The timing of the hit wasn't an issue. Just my opinion.

Comment

It all started with a simple observational comment. I just found it interesting that people were including "late hit" in the reasons for why he was suspended. I just remarked that from my knowledge of the interference rule (which I verified with someone experienced with reviewing calls) it likely wouldn't have been called interference if the rest of the hit was clean.

People disputed that, and I was just explaining my position. Again, I'm not disputing how dangerous (I'd even say reckless) the hit was. But I believe it was because of the nature of the charge and the contact to the head. The timing of the hit wasn't an issue. Just my opinion.
                        And explaining, and explaining, and explaining, and explaining, and explaining, and explaining, and explaining....

The hit was late.
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

And explaining, and explaining, and explaining, and explaining, and explaining, and explaining, and explaining....

The hit was late.
                          And disputing, and disputing, and disputing, and disputing, and disputing, and disputing, and disputing....

Not according to the rules

Comment

Seriously, this has got to be Dubber or Mooch under another name. There can't be this many dense people in one fan base, can there?

Wait a minute...

Where's that dude from Canada who likes CMJ so much? Was it Vulcanized Rubber? He should weigh in.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                              And disputing, and disputing, and disputing, and disputing, and disputing, and disputing, and disputing....

You've cited what could be referred to as guidelines. Not rules. When you find a rule let us know.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

What rules?
                                We're still waiting for the rules that say it wasn't.
                                He wasn't finishing a check, he hadn't even initiated one when Zucker let the puck go, so that "point" is moot.
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Working...
                                X