Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspend Kyle Rau for as long as Jason Zucker is unable to play!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Suspend Kyle Rau for as long as Jason Zucker is unable to play!

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Not in the NHL.
    Well, that really depends on what year it is. Or what game it is. Or if it's the playoffs. Or, etc. etc. etc.................................
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
      Oh, then it must not have been late. What an idioitic statement. There isn't a specific penalty for pulling a knife out of your waistband and stabbing someone with it, but guess what? They would still call a penalty.
      I'm pretty sure there is a law against that
      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Just checked, nothing specifically written in the NCAA rule book for how long you are allowed to "finish a check" after puck possession. However, there are numerous discussions and articles that mention the general guideline of a few seconds after a puck carrier relinquishes possession to finish a check.

Oh, and no penalty for a "late hit" either.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
          Just checked, nothing specifically written in the NCAA rule book for how long you are allowed to "finish a check" after puck possession. However, there are numerous discussions and articles that mention the general guideline of a few seconds after a puck carrier relinquishes possession to finish a check.

Oh, and no penalty for a "late hit" either.
          JUST BECAUSE THERE ISN'T A PENALTY CALLED "LATE HIT" DOESN'T MEAN THE HIT WASN'T LATE. No one said he was sent to the box for a late hit penalty. They said the hit was late. It was late. Tardy. After the point it was a legal hockey play. THE END.
          Originally posted by SJHovey
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          Originally posted by Brenthoven
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

I see that Mariucci still won't stop incessently arguing the dumbest effing points ever. Even if and I mean if the hit wasn't late - and I'd argue it was - it was still a charge and he didn't need to make the contact that he did. Had he let up, kept the hands chest high to eliminate any questions about a hit to the head and not finished we might, might be able to discuss at worst a charge. None of that happened, the hit was unnecessary and he deserved to leave the game.

Comment

JUST BECAUSE THERE ISN'T A PENALTY CALLED "LATE HIT" DOESN'T MEAN THE HIT WASN'T LATE. No one said he was sent to the box for a late hit penalty. They said the hit was late. It was late. Tardy. After the point it was a legal hockey play. THE END.
              Are you suggesting that there are never hits in hockey that occur after the puck carrier relinquishes possession that aren't called for a reason?

Comment

It was late. It was late enough to be interference but it was so much easier to call "attempt to decapitate" and send him off the ice.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  It was late. It was late enough to be interference but it was so much easier to call "attempt to decapitate" and send him off the ice.
                  We'll have to agree to disagree.

Comment

We'll have to agree to disagree.
                    You've been asked to show a rule using the phrase "two seconds," you didn't. You've been asked to show a rule showing the phrase "a few seconds," you didn't.

Face it, if that hit were your girlfriend, you'd be discussing whether you should get married now.
                    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Are you suggesting that there are never hits in hockey that occur after the puck carrier relinquishes possession that aren't called for a reason?
                      No. There are hits that happen immediately after a player relinquishes possession where the hitter can't avoid hitting the opposing player. This isn't one of those hits.
                      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                        You've been asked to show a rule using the phrase "two seconds," you didn't. You've been asked to show a rule showing the phrase "a few seconds," you didn't.

Face it, if that hit were your girlfriend, you'd be discussing whether you should get married now.
                        I found plenty of evidence to support the fact that there is a general guideline of a few seconds to finish a check.

I also failed to find a single infraction for a "late hit" in the rule book. I guess that alone proves my point

Comment

"Tell General Wenck to attack immediately."
                          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

I found plenty of evidence to support the fact that there is a general guideline of a few seconds to finish a check.

I also failed to find a single infraction for a "late hit" in the rule book. I guess that alone proves my point
                            Your point that there isn't a penalty called late hit, was neither argued against by anyone else, nor was it the argument you made when you first posted in this thread.

So basically, you are full of *****.

Comment

Let me ask this another way:

Has there ever been a late hit in the history of college hockey?

Comment

Your point that there isn't a penalty called late hit, was neither argued against by anyone else, nor was it the argument you made when you first posted in this thread.

So basically, you are full of *****.
                                My point was, and still is, that Rau wasn't penalized, ejected, or suspended for a "late hit" or as it would properly be termed, interference. He was was penalized for boarding, and ejected and suspended for blatant charging and contact to the head while Zucker was in a defenseless position. The timing of the hit had nothing to do with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X