Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspend Kyle Rau for as long as Jason Zucker is unable to play!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Suspend Kyle Rau for as long as Jason Zucker is unable to play!

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    Save it. We all want to prevent injuries, but vilifying an 18 year old kid playing in the heat of the moment and calling him a "punk" is outside the lines. I've known the kid since he was a squirt and I'm "sensitive" to your callous remarks.
    Oh, I "know" the kid and he couldn't possibly be a "punk." He just did a punk like thing. Tell me what the parameters here, because I certainly don't want to misjudge him or be callous. I'm not vilyfying him, I'm calling a spade a spade. I suppose on some philosophical level you could argue that just because somebody does something punk like it doesn't mean he's actually a punk. Nevertheless, I still say he's a punk. And a gutless one at that.

BTW, while you Gopher bunker dwellers continue to defend the indefensible, we still don't know the nature of Zuker's injury. For all we know, he could be out for the season. But the important thing to remember is this doofus "knows" the kid and he's not a punk. The important thing is protecting the punk's reputation, not the injury to another player. Priorities. Priorities.
    Last edited by Old Pio; 02-11-2012, 07:54 PM.
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
      Oh, I "know" the kid and he couldn't possibly be a "punk." He just did a punk like thing. Tell me what the parameters here, because I certainly don't want to misjudge him or be callous. I'm not vilyfying him, I'm calling a spade a spade. I suppose on some philosophical level you could argue that just because somebody does something punk like it doesn't mean he's actually a punk. Nevertheless, I still say he's a punk. And a gutless one at that.

BTW, while you Gopher bunker dwellers continue to defend the indefensible, we still don't know the nature of Zuker's injury. For all we know, he could be out for the season. But the important thing to remember is this doofus "knows" the kid and he's not a punk. Priorities. Priorities.
      NO ONE is defending the decision he made or what he did. You're just the only one hurling verbal insults at an 18-year old kid.
      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Look I felt bad when Jesse Martin got knocked out by Brad Malone on a vicious hit to the head. Or when Genoway got injured by a hit from behind. This wasn't even close to that.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
          NO ONE is defending the decision he made or what he did. You're just the only one hurling verbal insults at an 18-year old kid.
          Okay, so now the punk's age is relevant. Maybe somebody ought to keep a list of these paramaters for criticizing him. "No one is defending?" Seriously? What the h*ll are you doing?
          Last edited by Old Pio; 02-11-2012, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            Look I felt bad when Jesse Martin got knocked out by Brad Malone on a vicious hit to the head. Or when Genoway got injured by a hit from behind. This wasn't even close to that.
            Zuker's just lucky. Stretched yourself emotionally, did you? "Felt bad?" Jesse had his neck broken and somehow managed to live through it. What happened to him was infinitely more than being "knocked out."

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
              But IMO that doesn't explain what seems to me to be an overly legalistic, decidedly empathy free reaction from the Gopher fans who post here.
              Plenty have not only agreed with the decisions made regarding the hit, but there's also been plenty of sentiment expressed toward the young man's recovery. I think you'll find the majority of this community is very quick to wish nothing but the best, even if it sometimes gets lost in the din.

You've admitted yourself to carrying a somewhat emotional view of the incident (I believe you've called Rau a punk and probably have never watched a mintue of the young man before last night) and that road runs both ways. Is it really that illogical that some fans might feel inclined to carry a counter view? Heck as of last night while casually watching I wasn't all that sure he should have been kicked out but agreed without question there was a penalty. After this morning I was very much on board with him being kicked out and am ok with the suspension even if I question the lack of consistency toward similar hits elsewhere withing the league.

trix - you and I will have to agree to disagree. I didn't like the hit, didn't like how many strides he took and he didn't need to make contact much less, "finish".

Comment

God this guy is such a ******... You are almost at sioux fan levels of obnoxious/halo wearing... good lord.

Slap shot: I didn't like the hit either, I just don't think it deserved a game much less a suspension. And until the NCAA adopts the USA hockey rules then finishing your check isn't technically illegal, even though we can probably agree that it's in bad taste and unnecessary. I actually think we agree on everything but the punishment.
                Last edited by trixR4kids; 02-11-2012, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  Plenty have not only agreed with the decisions made regarding the hit, but there's also been plenty of sentiment expressed toward the young man's recovery. I think you'll find the majority of this community is very quick to wish nothing but the best, even if it sometimes gets lost in the din.

You've admitted yourself to carrying a somewhat emotional view of the incident (I believe you've called Rau a punk and probably have never watched a mintue of the young man before last night) and that road runs both ways. Is it really that illogical that some fans might feel inclined to carry a counter view? Heck as of last night while casually watching I wasn't all that sure he should have been kicked out but agreed without question there was a penalty. After this morning I was very much on board with him being kicked out and am ok with the suspension even if I question the lack of consistency toward similar hits elsewhere withing the league.

trix - you and I will have to agree to disagree. I didn't like the hit, didn't like how many strides he took and he didn't need to make contact much less, "finish".
                  Those that you're refering to aren't posting here, now. And all I'm hearing now are rationalizations and justifications ("I know him, and he's a good kid."). Frankly, I don't care if he's the lead soprano in the Vienna Boys Choir. What he did was intentional. No accident. Whether that intent translates into an intent to injure is not possible to know. And you establish yet another parameter for criticizing the punk: I haven't seen him play enough to judge him. But judge him I am. Let's see if the punk apologizes. If he does, I'll retract most of what I've said about him (not that that matters).

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                    God this guy is such a ******... You are almost at sioux fan levels of obnoxious/halo wearing... good lord.

Slap shot: I didn't like the hit either, I just don't think it deserved a game much less a suspension. And until the NCAA adopts the USA hockey rules then finishing your check isn't technically illegal, even though we can probably agree that it's in bad taste and unnecessary. I actually think we agree on everything but the punishment.
                    Yup, no question. This is about me. Not that gutless punk. So this incident is a matter of "taste?" And I'm the one "wearing the halo?" Seriously?
                    Last edited by Old Pio; 02-11-2012, 08:19 PM.

Comment

BTW, while you Gopher bunker dwellers continue to defend the indefensible, we still don't know the nature of Zuker's injury. For all we know, he could be out for the season. But the important thing to remember is this doofus "knows" the kid and he's not a punk. The important thing is protecting the punk's reputation, not the injury to another player. Priorities. Priorities.
                      This is rather irrelevant to the actual event that took place on the ice, so I am reticent to delve into it, but...

Were you actively and feverishly calling Paukovich a gutless punk after his hit on Bina? I think that is the point many people are trying to make. And I think if you look at just the immediate circumstances surrounding that hit (and not at the end result) it was just as if not more reckless and dangerous than what Rau did.

Rau's hockey history doesn't justify the classification of a gutless punk. The hit last night was out of line and has no place in the game of hockey. But it in no way is representative of what Rau has shown of himself as a hockey player up until that hit was made. Hopefully it will in no way be representative of his play after that hit, either.

Comment

Didn't you know, Rau learned everything he knows from Matt Cooke's hockey school.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                          This is rather irrelevant to the actual event that took place on the ice, so I am reticent to delve into it, but...

Were you actively and feverishly calling Paukovich a gutless punk after his hit on Bina? I think that is the point many people are trying to make. And I think if you look at just the immediate circumstances surrounding that hit (and not at the end result) it was just as if not more reckless and dangerous than what Rau did.

Rau's hockey history doesn't justify the classification of a gutless punk. The hit last night was out of line and has no place in the game of hockey. But it in no way is representative of what Rau has shown of himself as a hockey player up until that hit was made. Hopefully it will in no way be representative of his play after that hit, either.
                          We agree again, it's irrelevant. How many injury producing cheap shots does this punk get before we're allowed to criticize him? While you're deeply concerned about the punk's reputation, I'm concerned about his victim's health.

Comment

Then you weren't paying attention, which doesn't surprise me. Please remember your attitude here when something bad happens to one of your guys.
                            DU and UND goons it up. alot. save the fake outrage for later.

and how do you know the hit was intentional? you inside the kids head?

(crosses self) we not had that happen to us.
                            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post

kinda makes you wonder what he said about when Jason Zucker Hit Slovakian Martin Stajnoch a couple years ago. that Zucker, such a punk.
                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                              Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                                DU and UND goons it up. alot. save the fake outrage for later.

and how do you know the hit was intentional? you inside the kids head?

(crosses self) we not had that happen to us.
                                Are you seriously comparing DU's "reputation for gooning it up" with North Dakota's. That's a bit of a stretch, even for the dain bramaged.

Comment

Working...
                                X