Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartan recruiting

Originally posted by Big Papa View Post
    Which impact freshman are you referring to?

Always a huge rivalry between UM & MSU. How do you feel both teams stack up going into this season?

The two teams were 2-2 last year, but Michigan was a stronger, much older team. I believe they had several impact seniors whereas only Gazely saw significant time over his career at msu. Nevertheless, we also lose Grant, but I believe michigan lost a player or 2 to early departure? I guess i am not sure.

I think the two teams will be evenly matched next year. I still believe that this roster is much better than the end of the year standings show and I am hoping that the new coaching staff can bring it out of them. Michigan is always tough and probably will be next year too, despite their losses.

But, MSU should finally have a large senior class after seemingly years of having a "young" team so I am gonna say that we are gonna have the edge next year.

Comment

Anywho, I had a dream last night where we played our opening exhibition game against some no-name canadian school. Not like a Western Ontario or anything, but a real pushover. Our first shift was spent hemmed in our own zone looking confused and i freaked out Then it was over.

Despite such an ominous omen, I am pretty confident we will improve from last year and I am really excited for our opening exhibition. Anybody got a hold of a tentative schedule? When do those usually come out?

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
        Anybody got a hold of a tentative schedule? When do those usually come out?
        Usually, we're one of the last schools to produce a hockey schedule.
        Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
        66 - 86 - 07
        59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
        59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Which impact freshman are you referring to?
          Weren't you giving your two cents over on the other board ... talking about Gibson and Hyman?

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
            Stiill don't have anything laid out officially, but Robert Morris and Minnesota are two non-conference opponents coming here. As you no-doubt know we start out at NoDak.

On the recruiting front, I was a bit surprised to learn that Tanner Sorenson will be here this fall. As you're wont to say, there's one we didn't want to let get away.
            Last edited by owslachief; 05-25-2011, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
              Weren't you giving your two cents over on the other board ... talking about Gibson and Hyman?
              Yes they will be major impact players, they also have some other solid recruits. Too bad there's no big Chill this year again.

Comment

No exhibition. Second weekend at LSSU.
                "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
                - Mark Twain

Comment

I would assume that the normal exhibition game(s) was replaced with the Ice Breaker in NoDak?

I want to pipe in on the UM / MSU rivalry: The new coaching staff has a better feel for the depth of the rivalry than the previous (exception of Newt) staff and so my expectation is that the build-up for each game with the Weasels will be a bit higher in the excitement level that in the past. I also agree that the Big Chill would have been better for MSU this year than last, but the wrong team was in charge. (Not because of the players in place, but the coaching staff.)

Who's going to be at the hockey palace in Grand Forks this October?
                  "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
                    But, MSU should finally have a large senior class after seemingly years of having a "young" team so I am gonna say that we are gonna have the edge next year.
                    On paper I would agree with you. There are however three glaring unknowns: To what degree can those players remaining adapt to TA's style, what kind of impact can the freshman - skilled and accomplished in the junior/prep school ranks - have this coming season, and will U-M's second-tier scorers step up?
                    I should add that their new goalie has quite a lot of hype to live up to.

Comment

Originally posted by Nevergoodenough View Post
                      Who's going to be at the hockey palace in Grand Forks this October?
                      Well, I'm moving to Montana on Sunday, and the Ralph is only 12 hours away from where I'm living...
                      66 - 86 - 07
                      59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Comment

Well, I'm moving to Montana on Sunday, and the Ralph is only 12 hours away from where I'm living...
                        Is that 12 US Interstate hours or 12 Montana Interstate hours?

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                          Is that 12 US Interstate hours or 12 Montana Interstate hours?
                          12 hours of eastbound driving on US-2, which, in spots, is kind of like a legitimate interstate...
                          66 - 86 - 07

Comment

I think UM will kick butt. Sorry but addition of Gibson and Hyman will make a huge difference this year and in years to come. Also like Guptill Serville and Chaisson other freshman. It looks like a strong class. Can't wait to see MSU and UM face off.

so are games just in the regular rinks this year? I loved the Big Chill it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I think UM will kick butt. Sorry but addition of Gibson and Hyman will make a huge difference this year and in years to come. Also like Guptill Serville and Chaisson other freshman. It looks like a strong class. Can't wait to see MSU and UM face off.

so are games just in the regular rinks this year? I loved the Big Chill it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              I could swear the thread title said MSU Spartan Recruiting. My bad.

Comment

Any of the above-named players can kiss my *** and U-M can take a flying leap. Sorry, but let's keep honor for Memorial day and let the mid-season rah-rah rest until the outdoor temp. is about 12 and/or you know the thread topic - whichever comes last. Have a nice day

Comment

Working...
                                X