• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turk181
    replied
    Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2011-12 Part II

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    What does he expect from York?
    He pretty much lumped all the goalies who will be in camp together. They expect "all" of them to compete....it's open competition....no-ones the clear favorite. He was however impressed by Allen's work in his brief stint at the NHL level given all the bouncing around he was subject to. You get pretty much a standard answer from all the scouts when you ask direct questions, " I just scout 'em", which is true but sometimes they share a little more. It was kind of funny yesterday as they played both games in the Herb Brooks Arena, usually they play in the much smaller (stands wise) 1930 Rink. Instead of being grouped together in the smaller bleacher seating they were spread all over away from each other guarding their "secrets". I did try to find someone from St.Louis to ask about Chase but I couldn't find them. If they didn't have a shirt or jacket on with the team logo it was tough.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    I did see the video of Puckman there.

This should close this thread. See everyone in the off-season thread for a while.

Edit: Oops it's 1000 replies, not psots, that closes threads.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 08-07-2012, 11:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

Thanks. I don't know well what RPI's training facility looks like.
    We aim to please (slide #5): http://life.rpi.edu/2009/09/18/ecav-sneak-preview/

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    You gotta love that confidence. And who knows, maybe he can deliver.
    His USHL baptism will start early....Omaha starts the season with 8 straight road games, while construction of their new arena is completed (they hope).

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Although players are likely on campus (or in Troy, at least) by now, that video doesn't seem to have been shot on campus.
    Thanks. I don't know well what RPI's training facility looks like.

Leave a comment:

• Red Cloud
    replied

It's indeed new. Does this mean that some players are already on campus?

(It looks like this thread will be closed at just about the right time.)
    Although players are likely on campus (or in Troy, at least) by now, that video doesn't seem to have been shot on campus.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post

Apologies if this has been posted before, but here is video of Mark Miller training
    If I did that exercise with even a fraction of the weight he's hefting, they'd be scraping up my knee parts with a shovel.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    talking with a CBJ scout yesterday in Lake Placid even he commented about our lack of scoring.
    What does he expect from York?

Leave a comment:

• turk181
    replied

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    I promise-you will be amazed by his skating. Scoring is a different story-he will have to develop and prove he can do that at the NCAA I level. But I seriously doubt most have his speed.
    talking with a CBJ scout yesterday in Lake Placid even he commented about our lack of scoring.

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    Stellar signing by Appert & Staff...kudos to them. Highest profile forward signing since D'Amigo/Pirri. That said, given the commitment shell game world that D1 hockey fans find ourselves in today, I will withhold my elation until I see him skate onto the ice HFH. (Please god, I don't ask for much.)
    I promise-you will be amazed by his skating. Scoring is a different story-he will have to develop and prove he can do that at the NCAA I level. But I seriously doubt most have his speed.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post

Apologies if this has been posted before, but here is video of Mark Miller training
    It's indeed new. Does this mean that some players are already on campus?

(It looks like this thread will be closed at just about the right time.)

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    Stellar signing by Appert & Staff...kudos to them. Highest profile forward signing since D'Amigo/Pirri. That said, given the commitment shell game world that D1 hockey fans find ourselves in today, I will withhold my elation until I see him skate onto the ice HFH. (Please god, I don't ask for much.)

Leave a comment:

• fishcore12
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

Originally posted by altazo View Post
    Wow. After he's done signing autographs in Omaha and being the top player on RPI's campus from day one, maybe he'll forgo the NHL entirely and go straight to the Hall of Fame?
    Well at least now he won't be the first one to get into the HOF.

Leave a comment:

• engineerhockeyfan
    replied

Originally posted by altazo View Post
    Wow. After he's done signing autographs in Omaha and being the top player on RPI's campus from day one, maybe he'll forgo the NHL entirely and go straight to the Hall of Fame?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X