X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2011-12 Part II

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Just so long as that person isn't at a wedding...

Get over it.
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      It doesn't look like we will have any merge time unless we get many off-topic posts.
      It looks like the second option is happening.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Just so long as that person isn't at a wedding...
        On a Thursday, not likely. Don't get snowed.
        Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
          On a Thursday, not likely. Don't get snowed.
          Hockey weddings seem to last for weeks. (Sometimes the marriages don't last that long however.)
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It looks like the second option is happening.
            And to think, this whole time I could have just closed the thread. I forgot that I started this one...

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
              Get over it.
              This.
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                a little disappointing, had hoped Drew Melanson would've been named to the US Prospects Game to be held late Sept. in Buffalo but he wasn't.... http://www.usahockey.com/Template_Us...U_01&id=318224
                one writer believes there was a bit of politics involved in choosing the roster for the US Prospects Games.... http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....ster-announced
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

one writer believes there was a bit of politics involved in choosing the roster for the US Prospects Games.... http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....ster-announced
                  Politics??? At USA Hockey? C'mon...
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

interview with Drew Melanson, says he chose RPI over PU, Yale & Union ...... http://www.northjersey.com/sports/16....html?c=y&page
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

interview with Drew Melanson, says he chose RPI over PU, Yale & Union ...... http://www.northjersey.com/sports/16....html?c=y&page
                      Thanks for posting Turk. The kid beams with confidence. What i like most is that he really does want to play for RPI. Yale and Princeton have reps at every Delbarton game and have recruited a slew of their players. Academics will not be a problem for him. I can hardly wait to see him in Chery and White. Hopefully we will have the right fit of other players with speed to match up with him. Very sharp of our coaching staff to have their eyes on this boy early. Unless there is a major surprise he will bea 2-4 round draft choice next June.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Don't forget BU.

I wonder if there is a logical reason to grade on a 4.6 scale.
                        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 08-05-2012, 11:53 AM.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Don't forget BU.

What does a 4.6 equate to? A+ or A++???
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            What does a 4.6 equate to? A+ or A++???
                            It's probably something like A++.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Don't forget BU.

The most logical reason I see is a certain number of credits per GPA point. If you were to make each credit worth 0.3 points, he took 14 credits worth of classes. I almost said 0.2, but that might be a bit excessive (23 credits). Of course, it would make A/B/C/D/E a little easier (0.05 GPA reduction).

I would assume it's the same reasoning that they changed gymnastics scoring in the Olympics. You could get routine perfection on an easy routine, but does that mean you deserve a 10, compared to someone who did a much more difficult routine, had a mistake or two, and was punished for trying something harder?

Comment

The most logical reason I see is a certain number of credits per GPA point. If you were to make each credit worth 0.3 points, he took 14 credits worth of classes. I almost said 0.2, but that might be a bit excessive (23 credits). Of course, it would make A/B/C/D/E a little easier (0.05 GPA reduction).

I would assume it's the same reasoning that they changed gymnastics scoring in the Olympics. You could get routine perfection on an easy routine, but does that mean you deserve a 10, compared to someone who did a much more difficult routine, had a mistake or two, and was punished for trying something harder?
                                I don't follow your reasoning. He got 4.3 out of 4.6. 14 credits at .3 per credit sounds like 4.2.

DrD's suggestion of it being a standard 0-4 scale with 4.3 being A+ and 4.6 being A++ makes some sense to me in this grade-inflation era.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X