This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2011-12 Part II

It's to see that Chris Heisenberg has ranked all four 2013/4 USHL recruits high in the SUSHL rankings especially if you ignore those playing for the USNTDP. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...jMi1PS2c&gid=4
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It is indeed impressive that seven of our nine recruits wore either a C or an A. The only two who didn't were Kasdorf, who as a goalie was unlikely to, and Bubela, who joined Dubuque in the middle of the season.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
        "Lots of leaders isn't a good thing, actually." - Flag Dude July 2012

Fatally flawed, no matter how you choose to parse it.
        Leadership is great no matter where it comes from. But no team wins without role players and people who were leaders in previous experiences taking the correct attitude and playing a team game.
        It is after all a team. Everyone has his role to play on that team.
        Lets go red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Senna View Post
          So seemingly simple....I would much rather have a team stacked with leaders and kids who have tasted success at earlier levels in their career, than have a team of followers and kids that havent ever won anything and know what it takes to succeed. I'm with WS here on this and quite frankly am stunned that anyone would actively pursue building a team / program in any oher way.
          You wouldn't want a great deal of role players who, together, would very effectively strengthen the team? I guess you were with the anti-Herb Brooks group for the 1980 Olympics.

Comment

There are Captains who lead by example and those who lead by taking charge. We really need more of the former kind than we have had lately.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Potential dont mean $#!+, unless you got the drive. Lets hope these new guys got the drive. Lets drop the puck already.
              Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                Potential dont mean $#!+, unless you got the drive. Lets hope these new guys got the drive. Lets drop the puck already.
                Drive doesn't mean much either, unless you can execute. Let's hope these new guys can execute on the ice.

Comment

Jake Wood has a new team-mate with Lincoln...Jimmy Devito http://www.lincolnstarsblog.com/
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                    Jake Wood has a new team-mate with Lincoln...Jimmy Devito http://www.lincolnstarsblog.com/

I think that it is good when some of our recruits are on the same team before they arrive in Troy.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thread about that trade http://finishyourcheck.com/topic/660...-make-a-trade/
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        You wouldn't want a great deal of role players who, together, would very effectively strengthen the team? I guess you were with the anti-Herb Brooks group for the 1980 Olympics.
                        Exactly - like there were no leaders or kids on that team that had been on successful teams before that team was picked.... Every one of our kids is grade A, and as I understand are recruited as much for character and leadership as they are for academic and hockey ability. Dont like the team of leaders on this team ? Follow someone else then.

And people wonder why there are a whole series of posters who dont post anymore....

Comment

Originally posted by Senna View Post

And people wonder why there are a whole series of posters who dont post anymore....
                          Some people just dont know when to quit and let a comment be, they feel the need to reply. I totally understand where some people might not post here anymore, myself however, I have learned to just skip over most replies that have nothing to do with this team.
                          Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Thanks for the link! The fact that he was traded for a 3rd-round pick, when he's certainly going to be with the team for only one year, speaks pretty well to his talent level. Off the top of my head, it seems like his progression thus far has been quite similar to that of C.J. Lee. (Except for the fact that Lee was one of our biggest offensive recruits in his class, whereas DeVito is not -- a good thing, of course.)

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                              Thanks for the link! The fact that he was traded for a 3rd-round pick, when he's certainly going to be with the team for only one year, speaks pretty well to his talent level. Off the top of my head, it seems like his progression thus far has been quite similar to that of C.J. Lee. (Except for the fact that Lee was one of our biggest offensive recruits in his class, whereas DeVito is not -- a good thing, of course.)
                              He doesn't seem to me to be a similar type of player to Lee.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Gazette article about the recruit class http://www.dailygazette.net/standard...Section=Sports.

Usually one can't see Gazette articles because it is a pay site, but I found this by googling.
                                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 07-23-2012, 12:12 PM.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X