X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2011-12 Part II

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Lots of leaders isn't a good thing, actually..... As has been mentioned several times, we had great individuals, but a horrible team. The last time I checked, the name on the back doesn't win or lose games.
    Yeah right, that's why the recruiters at West Point are always scouring the local Taco Bells to sign up the kids wearing Metallica t-shirts , skipping school.

Let's see.... 10 of 16 forwards were underclassmen, and more than a few of them were injured during the season. The loose coalition (you claim they weren't a team) went 7-1-1 on the road to close out the season...beating Clarkson at Cheel and giving Union a run at the salt bunker. Some might argue (correctly) that the team grew as the season progressed and they got healthy.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      Yeah right, that's why the recruiters at West Point are always scouring the local Taco Bells to sign up the kids wearing Metallica t-shirts , skipping school.

Let's see.... 10 of 16 forwards were underclassmen, and more than a few of them were injured during the season. The loose coalition (you claim they weren't a team) went 7-1-1 on the road to close out the season...beating Clarkson at Cheel and giving Union a run at the salt bunker. Some might argue (correctly) that the team grew as the season progressed and they got healthy.
      Spot on. +1 I'll take leaders every day of the week. What we also saw at the end of last year was character. Leaders have that.

Comment

Context. LEARN IT. You skipped the one part that completely refuted your argument just so you could give me a tongue lashing.

Comment

IMO, the fact that the recruit announcement came so soon after the last couple of recruits appeared in the directory makes me think that it was more likely that they were waiting for all of the recruits to all be formally admitted rather than Bubela to get through the NCAA clearing house. Either that was solved earlier or it wasn't a concern.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Senna View Post
            Spot on. +1 I'll take leaders every day of the week. What we also saw at the end of last year was character. Leaders have that.
            I agree with FlagDUDE that early in the season we had five skaters on the ice every shift, not a team. Who knows what exactly it was that lead to that-could have been anything, including or regardless of lots of guys used to leading. But Wicked is also right-they pulled it together and turned it around at the end of the season. I really hope that team shows up again this fall, and that they can integrate the new recruits easily into the system without the rough transition we had this year. Easier said than done, I know.

Comment

Now i can be officially excited. Looks like we really added a lot at least on paper. But then, I sort of feel that way every year. I must admit though that I do like some of the size we added up front and we do seem to be building a very decent defensive corps. We certainly will have a lot of bodies fighting for ice time at just about every position. Hope this means that this year Jenny and I get to use our AC tickets!!
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                Now i can be officially excited. Looks like we really added a lot at least on paper. But then, I sort of feel that way every year. I must admit though that I do like some of the size we added up front and we do seem to be building a very decent defensive corps. We certainly will have a lot of bodies fighting for ice time at just about every position. Hope this means that this year Jenny and I get to use our AC tickets!!
                Most orobably your last opportunity.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
                  I agree with FlagDUDE that early in the season we had five skaters on the ice every shift, not a team. Who knows what exactly it was that lead to that-could have been anything, including or regardless of lots of guys used to leading. But Wicked is also right-they pulled it together and turned it around at the end of the season. I really hope that team shows up again this fall, and that they can integrate the new recruits easily into the system without the rough transition we had this year. Easier said than done, I know.
                  I hope that we can start off the upcoming season where we left off last year as opposed to building from scratch. It just took too long for the 'Tute to become a team last year.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

There was never any doubt of the team pulling it together. However, notice that the record was fabulous on the road, but abysmal at home. As cliché as Coach Appert's comments were about why the team did better on the road in the second half of the year, he's absolutely correct. Also, the growth was not limited to the players. I think Coach finally realised that as a head coach, you cannot take a passive leadership role and depend upon your captains to be the active leaders, especially if you have a team filled with captains. Coach was, IMO, spoiled with the recruitment of Kennedy, as he is a natural leader, and people seemed to gravitate towards him, and is probably also a big reason why he stood behind the bench while injured.

I fully expect a sharp improvement by all parties concerned at the beginning of this year. Last year, the flaws were exposed. We've had plenty of time to patch it.

Comment

What we had last year was a bunch of inexperienced players trying to figure out the college game and realizing how much of a higher level the college game is than where they came from. What we had at the end of the year was a bunch of players that understood the effort that was necessary to be successful at the Div.1 level. That bodes well for this year because they fully understand what the compete level needs to be to have a chance in every game. The fact that there were a number of those players whom wore C's and A's for previous teams IMO was a non factor. When it may be a factor is this year when the incoming freshmen come in they can step up and hopefully help them avoid some pitfalls that they encountered. This is a hard game at the D1 level its not for boys its for men only and the quicker the new meat understands that the further ahead they'll be !!!!
                      What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Context. LEARN IT. You skipped the one part that completely refuted your argument just so you could give me a tongue lashing.
                        Your opening sentence was all the CONTEXT I could stomach. And the ensuing sentences that followed did nothing refute it. But nice try.
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Your opening sentence was all the CONTEXT I could stomach. And the ensuing sentences that followed did nothing refute it. But nice try.
                          Did I not say "the first couple of months"? I noticed that you conveniently took it out in order to go on your tirade. Do not make assumptions with me, because you will very likely be wrong.

Comment

Did I not say "the first couple of months"? I noticed that you conveniently took it out in order to go on your tirade. Do not make assumptions with me, because you will very likely be wrong.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

"Lots of leaders isn't a good thing, actually." - Flag Dude July 2012

Fatally flawed, no matter how you choose to parse it.

Comment

"Lots of leaders isn't a good thing, actually." - Flag Dude July 2012

Fatally flawed, no matter how you choose to parse it.
                                So seemingly simple....I would much rather have a team stacked with leaders and kids who have tasted success at earlier levels in their career, than have a team of followers and kids that havent ever won anything and know what it takes to succeed. I'm with WS here on this and quite frankly am stunned that anyone would actively pursue building a team / program in any oher way.

Comment

Working...
                                X