X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2011-12 Part II

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Drew Melanson has been selected to the US Ivan Hlinka tourney team according to this post http://finishyourcheck.com/topic/656...t__p__14732464 on a thread about the Select 17 tourney. There is no other mention of Melanson on the thread besides for the All-Star game roster. I wonder if SA will be coaching that team.
    This pleases me. I havent seen any mention of who is coaching Team USA.
    Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 07-03-2012, 08:43 AM.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

There is a summary of the Select 17 festival on USHR. can anyione read what it says about Melanson?
      RPI recruit may have had the best feet here—his skating is effortless. Is on the slight side, but his speed, quickness and agility make him extremely hard to contain. Was quiet at the start of the tournament, but exploded for five points in his final two games. Was a teammate of Baiocco’s at Delbarton, but will not be returning as he has chosen to play his senior with the Omaha Lancers (USHL). Was named to the U18 Select team headed overseas.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
        RPI recruit may have had the best feet here—his skating is effortless. Is on the slight side, but his speed, quickness and agility make him extremely hard to contain. Was quiet at the start of the tournament, but exploded for five points in his final two games. Was a teammate of Baiocco’s at Delbarton, but will not be returning as he has chosen to play his senior with the Omaha Lancers (USHL). Was named to the U18 Select team headed overseas.
        Description absolutely fits with what we saw for the past 2 years at Delbarton. He is as fast as anyone we have ever seen and it indeed seems effortless-and BTW under control. I would love to see a little more size and strength added but there is plenty time for that. Baiocco had a fine career at Delbarton-There was a lot of interest in him and i think he has chosen one of the Ivies.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Thanks greatly.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            ... Baiocco had a fine career at Delbarton-There was a lot of interest in him and i think he has chosen one of the Ivies.
            Yale. Delbarton coach has said Melanson was the fastest kid he ever coached.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

If Melanson shows up in 2013, and I think that if he comes he won't delay until 2014, we will be getting 4 forwards to replace 3, one of whom doesn't play much. That could give us 17 forwards.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                This pleases me. I havent seen any mention of who is coaching Team USA.
                USA / Hlinka coaches: Matt Herr (Kent School), ACs: Bob Corkum (Maine), Nick Fohr (USA Hockey)

Comment

USA / Hlinka coaches: Matt Herr (Kent School), ACs: Bob Corkum (Maine), Nick Fohr (USA Hockey)
                  I was hoping that it would be SA again, but I figured that it was unlikely.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Yale. Delbarton coach has said Melanson was the fastest kid he ever coached.
                    I have been watching and following hockey for a very long time. It is hard for me to think of anyone that I saw at this stage of his career that was as fast. And he just makes it look so natural and easy as if there was no effort involved.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      I have been watching and following hockey for a very long time. It is hard for me to think of anyone that I saw at this stage of his career that was as fast. And he just makes it look so natural and easy as if there was no effort involved.
                      The more times that you say things like that, the more concerned that I become that we won't see him. It will be interesting to see where he is ranked on the "Players to Watch" NHL CSB list.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The more times that you say things like that, the more concerned that I become that we won't see him. It will be interesting to see where he is ranked on the "Players to Watch" NHL CSB list.
                        He was the #9 ranked forward overall according to USHR

For perspective:
                        Sean Malone (Harvard) - #2
                        Shane Eiserman (UNH) - #6
                        John Baiocco -(Yale) - #8

Comment

He was the #9 ranked forward overall according to USHR

For perspective:
                          Sean Malone (Harvard) - #2
                          Shane Eiserman (UNH) - #6
                          John Baiocco -(Yale) - #8
                          He's underrated.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

He's underrated.
                            It's a limited sample set (5 50 minute games) so you have to take all these rankings with a grain of salt.

Comment

It's a limited sample set (5 50 minute games) so you have to take all these rankings with a grain of salt.
                              or two or three or ...
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

10 or more years ago i would have felt we had a 100% chance of seeing him for at least 3 if not 4 years. The landscape has changed dramatically since then. Finances dictate much of what happens. I really feel we will get to see him-and it would be a shame if we don't. I just try to remain honest and practical. This kid may not have all the tools in place just yet-but the basics are there and if we do get to see him for several years, we will be getting something very special.

Comment

Working...
                                X