This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2011-12 Part II

Wow... Zalewski might actually get 50 goals this season!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Wow... Zalewski might actually get 50 goals this season!
      Maybe if they advance far in the playoffs, but as of now Vernon is struggling just to make the playoffs. Z has only 11 regular season games left and isn't on a pace to score 19 goals in them.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Maybe if they advance far in the playoffs, but as of now Vernon is struggling just to make the playoffs. Z has only 11 regular season games left and isn't on a pace to score 19 goals in them.
        Some of these boys really do play quite a busy season of games. I wish the RPI hockey season was as many games.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          Some of these boys really do play quite a busy season of games. I wish the RPI hockey season was as many games.
          Heavens forbid they take time to practice and go to class...

Comment

Heavens forbid they take time to practice and go to class...
            i just hate the long off season-perhaps we can extend the number of games by simply being good enough to make a run in the playoffs.

Comment

i just hate the long off season-perhaps we can extend the number of games by simply being good enough to make a run in the playoffs.
              Last year's season was the longest we've had in quite a while!

Comment

The NCAA already thinks that the hockey season is too long (elapsed time from firstr game to end of NCAA tourney).

To get back on topic, personally I think that the junior leagues also have too long a season, but at least they are tending more toward weekend-only games as some players are still of HS age.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-13-2012, 06:27 PM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The NCAA already thinks that the hockey season is too long (elapsed time from firstr game to end of NCAA tourney).

To get back on topic, personally I think that the junior leagues also have too long a seraon but at least they are tending more toward weekend-only games as some players are still of HS age.
                  I know what the NCAA thinks-but I would to see more college hockey-it is just a very long time between March and October when we don't get our fix of RPI hockey. As I mentioned, perhaps the best way to remedy this is for us to extend our playoff season and just make the NCAA tournament every year.

Comment

I know what the NCAA thinks-but I would to see more college hockey-it is just a very long time between March and October when we don't get our fix of RPI hockey. As I mentioned, perhaps the best way to remedy this is for us to extend our playoff season and just make the NCAA tournament every year.
                    No argument with the latter statement.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

according to CH's site, Soren Jonnzen who visited RPI a couple of weeks ago, has commited to Q-Pac.
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

To get back on topic, personally I think that the junior leagues also have too long a season, but at least they are tending more toward weekend-only games as some players are still of HS age.
                        The AHL does something very similar. I'd assume it's because some of those under the payroll have day jobs.

If the NCAA should be complaining about the schedule of anyone, it should be squeakball. Sometimes I wonder if those kids even go to class.

Comment

I'd assume it's because some of those under the payroll have day jobs.
                          You probably shouldn't assume.
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

...the USHL has just expanded their season http://www.ushl.com/news.php?action=detail&news_id=710
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                              ...the USHL has just expanded their season http://www.ushl.com/news.php?action=detail&news_id=710
                              Interesting
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Interesting
                                I envisioned Ralph sitting at the end of a long table stroking a cat while posting this.
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X