Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Recruit Thread 2011-12 Part II

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2011-12 Part II

    Charles Manley had an assist in the Select 16 Player Development Camp on Sunday http://www.usahockey.com/Tournament/...4&GameID=43054.

    His line 1-0-1-1-0.


    Edit: I had never bothered to check before, but the scheduling is rather odd. They divide the 10 teams into two divisions of 5 teams each. Each team plays the 5 teams in the other division and none in their own. It does make for a balanced schedule, but it seems odd.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 07-10-2012, 12:10 AM.
    sigpic

    Let's Go 'Tute!

    Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

    2012 Poser Of The Year

    Comment


    • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2011-12 Part II

      Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Charles Manley had an assist on a PPG in the Select 16 Player Development Camp on Sunday http://www.usahockey.com/Tournament/...4&GameID=43054.

      His line 1-0-1-1-0.


      Edit: I had never bothered to check before, but the scheduling is rather odd. They divide the 10 teams into two divisions of 5 teams each. Each team plays the 5 teams in the other division and none in their own. It does make for a balanced schedule, but it seems odd.
      I didn't go. Had some work to do back here.

      Comment


      • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2011-12 Part II

        Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
        While spelling Rensselaer is impressive, The fact that they spelled out Polytechnic Institute is even more so.
        What can we expect from Bubela on the ice. He only had 28 games at Dubuque last year not a great sample.
        He will be 20 in August, so he has some experience. I'd be interested to know what the rest of you think his chances of playing everyday are?
        I expect he will be a pleasant surprise. He was able to crack a pretty talented DBQ lineup and tally some points, all the while adjusting to the American game. Even better, he's had the experience of playing against top tier talent at WJC.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

        Comment


        • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2011-12 Part II

          Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
          I expect he will be a pleasant surprise. He was able to crack a pretty talented DBQ lineup and tally some points, all the while adjusting to the American game. Even better, he's had the experience of playing against top tier talent at WJC.
          I hope so, but if I do more than that it tends to backfire.
          sigpic

          Let's Go 'Tute!

          Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

          2012 Poser Of The Year

          Comment


          • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2011-12 Part II

            Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            I hope so, but if I do more than that it tends to backfire.
            Agree. I much prefer to underpredict and be surprised.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

            Comment


            • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2011-12 Part II

              Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              Agree. I much prefer to underpredict and be surprised.
              Last year I underpredicted Curadi, Leonard, and McGowen. I overpredicted Haggerty, Laliberte, and Neal (but there were injuries). I was pretty close with Diebold and Schroeder.
              sigpic

              Let's Go 'Tute!

              Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

              2012 Poser Of The Year

              Comment


              • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2011-12 Part II

                Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                Last year I underpredicted Curadi, Leonard, and McGowen. I overpredicted Haggerty, Laliberte, and Neal (but there were injuries). I was pretty close with Diebold and Schroeder.
                Pretty much the same here although I did have Luke and McGowen with considerable upside potential. I completely missed on Leonard who was a very pleasant surprise. I think the injuries and early season woes really did hurt our expectations for Neal, Laliberte and Haggerty. I tend to agree with Wicked by underpredicting and then hoping to be surprised. I do not have a real good feel for this upcoming group. We could have very little or we could really be improving a lot. I have only personally seen one recruit numerous times and he is not coming for at least another year.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

                Comment


                • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2011-12 Part II

                  Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  Pretty much the same here although I did have Luke and McGowen with considerable upside potential. I completely missed on Leonard who was a very pleasant surprise. I think the injuries and early season woes really did hurt our expectations for Neal, Laliberte and Haggerty. I tend to agree with Wicked by underpredicting and then hoping to be surprised. I do not have a real good feel for this upcoming group. We could have very little or we could really be improving a lot. I have only personally seen one recruit numerous times and he is not coming for at least another year.
                  I am very eager to see Zalewski. Big frame - and knows what to do with it - and he can finish. Besides, he comes from a hockey family (to coin an NHL phrase) Seriously, the kid has excelled and improved at every level he's played at - H.S. State Champion (Tourney MVP, P.O.Y.), GWG in BCHL championship, etc., etc. Can't wait to see him in Troy.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

                  Comment


                  • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2011-12 Part II

                    Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                    I am very eager to see Zalewski. Big frame - and knows what to do with it - and he can finish. Besides, he comes from a hockey family (to coin an NHL phrase) Seriously, the kid has excelled and improved at every level he's played at - H.S. State Champion (Tourney MVP, P.O.Y.), GWG in BCHL championship, etc., etc. Can't wait to see him in Troy.
                    I like the fact that there is no big hype for anyone coming in this year. A lot of surprises for me last season Leonard and Curadi being the biggest on the up side.
                    Should see some improvement in the offense now that last years freshmen know what to expect.
                    Going into this year with no expectations and hope to be pleasantly surprised throughout the year.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

                    Comment


                    • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2011-12 Part II

                      Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                      I like the fact that there is no big hype for anyone coming in this year. A lot of surprises for me last season Leonard and Curadi being the biggest on the up side.
                      Should see some improvement in the offense now that last years freshmen know what to expect.
                      Going into this year with no expectations and hope to be pleasantly surprised throughout the year.
                      There is no big hype NHL-type hy[e, but I would think that Zalewski and Bradley deserve to be hyped, also perhaps Bubela.
                      sigpic

                      Let's Go 'Tute!

                      Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                      2012 Poser Of The Year

                      Comment


                      • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2011-12 Part II

                        Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                        I am very eager to see Zalewski. Big frame - and knows what to do with it - and he can finish. Besides, he comes from a hockey family (to coin an NHL phrase) Seriously, the kid has excelled and improved at every level he's played at - H.S. State Champion (Tourney MVP, P.O.Y.), GWG in BCHL championship, etc., etc. Can't wait to see him in Troy.
                        I still can't figure outwhat his flaw is that caused him not to be drafted at all. Is his skating poor perhaps?
                        sigpic

                        Let's Go 'Tute!

                        Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                        2012 Poser Of The Year

                        Comment


                        • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2011-12 Part II

                          Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          I still can't figure outwhat his flaw is that caused him not to be drafted at all. Is his skating poor perhaps?
                          I wonder also. Sometimes I think its 'cause he played NYS HS hockey and then S'cuse Jr.s...not powerhouses in hockey circles. That said, I very distinctly recall his brother at CCT - a very complete two way player...never took a shift off, always around the puck at either end of the ice. That's the main reason I'm excited to see Mike Z. I think the upside is big. I've never been one to fret over draft status of kids...its great if they are, but could care less if they aren't, as long as they bring it on Fri/Sat nights.
                          Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 07-09-2012, 02:15 PM.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

                          Comment


                          • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2011-12 Part II

                            Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            I wonder also. Sometimes I think its 'cause he played NYS HS hockey and then S'cuse Jr.s...not powerhouses in hockey circles. That said, I very distinctly recall his brother at CCT - a very complete two way player...never took a shift off, always around the puck at either end of the ice. That's the main reason I'm excited to see Mike Z. I think the upside is big. I've never been one to fret over draft status of kids...its great if they are, but could care less if they aren't, as long as they bring it on Fri/Sat nights.
                            You may be right, but because of his brother alone I would have expected interest. Add his size and what appears to be great hockey sense, I expected him to be drafted.
                            sigpic

                            Let's Go 'Tute!

                            Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                            2012 Poser Of The Year

                            Comment


                            • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2011-12 Part II

                              Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              You may be right, but because of his brother alone I would have expected interest. Add his size and what appears to be great hockey sense, I expected him to be drafted.
                              Take away all the foreign drafted players from Sweden, Russia, Finland, Czech Republic-then add back a few extra rounds like we had years ago-and we could have had at least 2 drafted players. After losing Pirri and D'Amigo after only one year I am beginning to think it better to have boys who are a bit under the radar coming in.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

                              Comment


                              • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2011-12 Part II

                                Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                Take away all the foreign drafted players from Sweden, Russia, Finland, Czech Republic-then add back a few extra rounds like we had years ago-and we could have had at least 2 drafted players. After losing Pirri and D'Amigo after only one year I am beginning to think it better to have boys who are a bit under the radar coming in.
                                Totally agree. We need more guys like Pothier who play four years and then let the pros go after them.
                                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                                Gary Player

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X