X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2011-12 Part II

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    3 assists in yesterday's game....4-0-5-5-0 http://www.usahockey.com/Tournament/...0&GameID=43008
    He'll play the part of Adam Oates in the 2016 National Championship team.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      He'll play the part of Adam Oates in the 2016 National Championship team.
      I can live with that. That should be our year!!
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Melanson with 2 goals in todays game....and his 1st penalty 5-2-5-7-2 http://www.usahockey.com/Tournament/...0&GameID=43012
        Last edited by turk181; 06-28-2012, 06:08 PM.
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          That's why I said it. If he comes in 2013 he will be a junior too.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Melanson with 2 goals in todays game....and his 1st penalty 5-2-5-7-2 http://www.usahockey.com/Tournament/...0&GameID=43012
            With his late rush, he finished tied for second in scoring in the tourney. http://www.usahockey.com/Tournament/...ivisionID=2100 Just for the record, it was a one-minute penalty. (I guess because the games were only 50-minutes long.)

Hopefully, USHR will have a report on the tourney.
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 06-28-2012, 11:41 PM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

With his late rush, he finished tied for second in scoring in the tourney. http://www.usahockey.com/Tournament/...ivisionID=2100 Just for the record, it was a one-minute penalty. (I guess because the games were only 50-minutes long.)

Hopefully, USHR will have a report on the tourney.
              Melanson is playing in the All-Star game today. http://www.usahockey.com/players/pla...ent_camps.aspx
              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 06-29-2012, 08:56 AM.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

And you read it here first...
                Here we come!

Comment

Drew Melanson has been selected to the US Ivan Hlinka tourney team according to this post http://finishyourcheck.com/topic/656...t__p__14732464 on a thread about the Select 17 tourney. There is no other mention of Melanson on the thread besides for the All-Star game roster. I wonder if SA will be coaching that team.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Drew Melanson has been selected to the US Ivan Hlinka tourney team according to this post http://finishyourcheck.com/topic/656...t__p__14732464 on a thread about the Select 17 tourney. There is no other mention of Melanson on the thread besides for the All-Star game roster. I wonder if SA will be coaching that team.
                    Part of me really loves that he seems to just keep getting better and can play well as the competition increases. Part of me just would rather not see so much progrssion (until he gets to Troy) for fear that he may just receive so much attention that other options open up quickly. From our observations over the past 2 years-and from very bright hockey people we know who have seen him-he is an extremely talented young man.

Comment

Part of me really loves that he seems to just keep getting better and can play well as the competition increases. Part of me just would rather not see so much progrssion (until he gets to Troy) for fear that he may just receive so much attention that other options open up quickly. From our observations over the past 2 years-and from very bright hockey people we know who have seen him-he is an extremely talented young man.
                      I had the same thoughts. WE do need to get such talented players.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I had the same thoughts. WE do need to get such talented players.
                        Ralph-He is going to be a good one. I am very sure of that. I just want to see him be a good one in Troy (and hopefully for several years). After the loss of Pirri and D'Amigo I have had more concern about players leaving early. In the past when we lost one of our better players-Tapper, Cavosie, Oates-at least it was after 3 years. In today's market-you just never know what opportunites will present themselves and we can hardly blame anyone for taking advantage when they can.

Comment

Ralph-He is going to be a good one. I am very sure of that. I just want to see him be a good one in Troy (and hopefully for several years). After the loss of Pirri and D'Amigo I have had more concern about players leaving early. In the past when we lost one of our better players-Tapper, Cavosie, Oates-at least it was after 3 years. In today's market-you just never know what opportunites will present themselves and we can hardly blame anyone for taking advantage when they can.
                          We're in complete agreement. Before Pirri and D'Amigo the only one we lost to the pros in fewer than three years was Puppa after two. The top echelon of schools lose a couple to the pros each year and can plan for it. If we lose one or two every once in a while in an unpredictable fashion it seems worse.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

list of players for Ivan Hlinka Tourney, Melanson is on it................2012 USA Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament Roster

Forwards
                            Trevor Moore (Tri-City Storm), Jimmy Lodge (Saginaw Spirit), Andrew Oglevie (Cedar Rapids RoughRiders), Karson Kuhlman (Esko HS/Dubuque Fighting Saints), Jason Cotton (Colorado Thunderbirds U16), Justin Bailey (Long Island Royals U16/Indiana Ice), Vinni Lettieri (Minnetonka HS/Lincoln Stars), Sean Malone (Nichols School), Drew Melanson (Delbarton School), Gabe Guertler (Fargo Force), Adam Erne (Quebec Remparts), Matt Weis (Corpus Christi IceRays/Green Bay Gamblers)

Defensemen
                            Tommy Vannelli (Minnetonka HS), R.J. Gicewicz (Nichols School), Parker Reno (Edina HS), Michael Downing (Dubuque Fighting Saints), Teemu Kivihalme (Burnsville HS), Anthony DeAngelo (Sarnia Sting)

Goaltenders
                            Thatcher Demko (LA Kings U16/Omaha Lancers) and Devin Williams (Metro Jets/Erie Otters)...........http://futureconsiderations.ca/usa-a...hlinka-roster/
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

list of players for Ivan Hlinka Tourney, Melanson is on it................2012 USA Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament Roster

Forwards
                              Trevor Moore (Tri-City Storm), Jimmy Lodge (Saginaw Spirit), Andrew Oglevie (Cedar Rapids RoughRiders), Karson Kuhlman (Esko HS/Dubuque Fighting Saints), Jason Cotton (Colorado Thunderbirds U16), Justin Bailey (Long Island Royals U16/Indiana Ice), Vinni Lettieri (Minnetonka HS/Lincoln Stars), Sean Malone (Nichols School), Drew Melanson (Delbarton School), Gabe Guertler (Fargo Force), Adam Erne (Quebec Remparts), Matt Weis (Corpus Christi IceRays/Green Bay Gamblers)

Defensemen
                              Tommy Vannelli (Minnetonka HS), R.J. Gicewicz (Nichols School), Parker Reno (Edina HS), Michael Downing (Dubuque Fighting Saints), Teemu Kivihalme (Burnsville HS), Anthony DeAngelo (Sarnia Sting)

Goaltenders
                              Thatcher Demko (LA Kings U16/Omaha Lancers) and Devin Williams (Metro Jets/Erie Otters)...........http://futureconsiderations.ca/usa-a...hlinka-roster/
                              Thanks for the confirmation.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

There is a summary of the Select 17 festival on USHR. can anyione read what it says about Melanson?
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X