X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2011-12 Part II

http://www.insidehalton.com/communit...article/874458 from two eyars ago

Phil Hampton
    Phil's a newcomer this year. I AP'ed him when I was in Burlington. His hockey IQ is what sticks out as the best part of his game. He's a good skater, and he'll be looked upon to provide some offense. He had a great tournament in Vermont and showed us that he's going to be a big part of this team. He's got a flair for offense and should put up some points.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
      Indeed. Not surprising though, especially considering his interest in engineering and being teammates with Mark McGowan while playing for Mark Jooris 2 seasons ago in Oakville. Ive had him on my list of potential targets for a while now. Glad to have him aboard.
      Impressed http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post5301543.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Defintely short.

Perhaps true when compared with the Incredible Hulk type defensemen of recent classes (reminiscent of another team in red), but I'm hoping we found a replacement for the mobile, puck-moving defenseman role that Bailen will leave open after next season.

OK, the roster is almost set. I'm ready for some hockey. Can we start now?

Comment

I take a week off during a very slow off season, and I come back to a walk on and an new dman.
          Sounds like the team for 2012/13 is finally set.
          I don't know about the rest of you, but I am ready to start the season now.
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
            Perhaps true when compared with the Incredible Hulk type defensemen of recent classes (reminiscent of another team in red), but I'm hoping we found a replacement for the mobile, puck-moving defenseman role that Bailen will leave open after next season.

OK, the roster is almost set. I'm ready for some hockey. Can we start now?
            I would think that he and Dolan would attempt to fill that position, but I expect us to recruit another for 2013.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
              I take a week off during a very slow off season, and I come back to a walk on and an new dman.
              Sounds like the team for 2012/13 is finally set.
              I don't know about the rest of you, but I am ready to start the season now.
              It's set assuming that no one, except Bergin, leaves and Bubela gets cleared by the NCAA. I expect to see the official recruit release this week, perhaps even today.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I did take some pics and videos of Hampton when I went to see McGowan and Leonard play for the league championship a few years ago. If I can find the file with the pictures, Ill post them here.

I missed not having a recruit to follow or go see in the OJHL or CCHL for the better part of this past season. Seems like the coaches have put most of their attention towards USHL players recently.

Comment

I did take some pics and videos of Hampton when I went to see McGowan and Leonard play for the league championship a few years ago. If I can find the file with the pictures, Ill post them here.

I missed not having a recruit to follow or go see in the OJHL or CCHL for the better part of this past season. Seems like the coaches have put most of their attention towards USHL players recently.
                  That does seem to be the case lately. I hope that we are keeping our options open to anyone from anywhere at anytime. It is extremely difficult to compete for the biggest fish in one small pond when every program is fishing there.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I too am impressed ! If I didn't know better, I'd say you were trading on inside info....
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      That does seem to be the case lately. I hope that we are keeping our options open to anyone from anywhere at anytime. It is extremely difficult to compete for the biggest fish in one small pond when every program is fishing there.
                      5 frosh from Ontario plus Hampton....why are we thinking we're not recruiting eastern Canada ??
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

video interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D232oGyIEck. Defintely short.

Brown, Dartmouth, and Niagara had interest.
                        Same size (roughly) as Malchuk, Neal, Dolan, AAG, CJ Lee, Higgs, O'Grady. Yes, all forwards admittedly. Taller than Bailen (5'9") I have no trouble with his size...especially given his supposed high hockey IQ and puck moving skills. I'll take a dman who can anticipate and skate/pass any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          ...especially given his supposed high hockey IQ and puck moving skills.
                          Not to be a negative Nancy, but didn't we supposedly have that in a certain player that is leaving?

Comment

You can't blame them. The USHL has become the primary producer of college hockey players in recent years and offers the highest level of competion.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

5 frosh from Ontario plus Hampton....why are we thinking we're not recruiting eastern Canada ??
                              We are still recruiting from Ontario, like we should, but emphasis has shifted.

5? Laliberte, Neal, McGowan, and Leonard. Who else?
                              On the other hand besides for Hampton, Fulton in this fall's class played there.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Before we recently just picked up Travis Fulton and Phil Hampton, it was 14 months since RPI got a commitment from a player in either the OJHL or CCHL, the last one being Curtis Leonard back in Dec of 2010.

Going back to when JL committed in 2008 heres a list of players we picked up from either of those two leagues:

2-23-08 Laliberte
                                8-1-08 Pirri
                                12-9-08 O'Grady
                                5-20-09 Koudys
                                11-9-09 Higgs
                                2-23-10 Leboeuf
                                9-22-10 Neal
                                10-9-10 McGowan
                                12-20-10 Leonard
                                2-22-12 Fulton
                                5-29-12 Hampton

Comment