Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNO @ Michigan Tech, Feb. 10-11: red Mavs, brown snow statues, and a gold trophy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNO @ Michigan Tech, Feb. 10-11: red Mavs, brown snow statues, and a gold trophy

THIS is the Winter Carnival thread????????

What happened to drunken shannicans, posters in jail, others passed out in snowbanks??? Did the Keweenaw Peninsula run out of alcohol? What the hell? DAMMIT?

Comment

Re: UNO @ Michigan Tech, Feb. 10-11: red Mavs, brown snow statues, and a gold trophy

Since Massey's last prediction was right, here's this one.

http://masseyratings.com/game.php?s0...179696&t1=4767

Comment

hard earned 3 points. We'll take it. Maybe see you guys again in a couple weeks.

Comment

UNO is the team above any others I do NOT want to see in the playoffs, except maybe the gophers. They frustrated Tech all night Saturday, and all weekend on their PK. Good speed, good disruption of every pass in every zone... they are a lot of trouble. 21 is a very nice player. 19 Walters seems to do a lot more hacking and whacking and talking after whistles than can be good for him. Goes after the refs, the opponents, even his own players on the bench with his jawing. I'm a little surprised nobody in this league has shut him up yet, but glad the Tech skaters are showing more discipline vs. the hacks than in past years, and pretty much left him alone. Otherwise UNO is a very nice team.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Congrats Mavs! 3 points on the road.

also DO NOT want to play you guys again this year! maybe except in Minneapolis!
            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
              UNO is the team above any others I do NOT want to see in the playoffs, except maybe the gophers. They frustrated Tech all night Saturday, and all weekend on their PK. Good speed, good disruption of every pass in every zone... they are a lot of trouble. 21 is a very nice player. 19 Walters seems to do a lot more hacking and whacking and talking after whistles than can be good for him. Goes after the refs, the opponents, even his own players on the bench with his jawing. I'm a little surprised nobody in this league has shut him up yet, but glad the Tech skaters are showing more discipline vs. the hacks than in past years, and pretty much left him alone. Otherwise UNO is a very nice team.
              Don't really know what to take from this weekend or what to make of it. Matt White (21) has probably been our most consistent player this year. He's the #7 scorer in the conference and he's up there with a lot of recognizable names (with Broadhurst just behind him at # 9). This weekend certainly injected some life back into things for us. We've been so Jekyll & Hyde that I am not going to get too enthused about anything this team does. We're so young, almost nothing that might happen down the stretch would really shock me (well, eking into the NCAA's and winning the Froze Four probably would). I would say (right now) that last year's team was a better overall team but that this team probably has more overall talent. Our defense still needs work. And we can't seem to get through a game or a series with major penalties. What is that now, major penalties and game misconducts in 4 out of the last 6 games??? I'm starting to think Coach Blais rewatched Slap Shot recently and is channeling Reg Dunlop. I wouldn't be shocked if he actually has them "gooning it up" a bit on purpose to shake things up a tad. We are a big, physical team. Our smallest defenseman is 6 feet tall. The guys that are getting most of the playing time are 6' 2", 6' 4", 6' 6", & 6' 8". Those are some big dudes. That is more reminiscent of the University of Nebraska basketball team (LOL).

On to Colorado College for another huge series, this one on Olympic size ice.

Comment

Working...
              X