Denver @ Alaska, 11/6-11/7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver @ Alaska, 11/6-11/7

It's Tuesday and still no thread, so I took the liberty. Discuss!!!
    Last edited by Dmann; 11-03-2009, 01:27 PM. Reason: wrong team
    "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
    Tom Serratore

Re: Denver @ Alaska, 11/6-11/7

I would change the opponent titile Alaska to UAA or Alaska-Anchorage or risk the wrath of Fairbanks folks who claimed the Alaska-only name in 2006. UAF is the older school vs UAA, although I am sure that more than a few of the UAA fans find that state name only grab amusing, since UAA is the larger school.

Interesting differences between UAA and UAF explained here:

http://uaafan.blogspot.com/2007/10/w...f-rivalry.html
    Last edited by Puck Swami; 11-03-2009, 09:17 AM.

Comment

No one from Alaska will read the thread anyway.

Alaska is 5-0-1 this season and is one of the last undefeated teams in college hockey. Impressive.

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O5YjPteCPLo&hl=en&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O5YjPteCPLo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
      Last edited by dggoddard; 11-03-2009, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Are either of these games on TV/Radio/PioneerVision in Denver ???

Comment

UAA has played a tough schedule so far (UND and Minnesota) so I don't read much into the 1-3 record - UAA has size, they can skate and they can score.

The key to this weekend will be goaltending. No goalie on the ice this weekend will be above .900 in saves percentage, and that means a high scoring series is probably likely.

For DU, Adam Murray returns to his hoemtown of Anchorage, and his performance will be in the spotlight. If he steps up big in front of friends and family, DU can get a sweep. But if If he plays as inconsistently as he has so far this year, DU will be lucky to get a split and could very well face a disaster and could easily be swept.

DU must find a way to tighten the defense in front of Murray if they expect success in Anchorage.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
            ...risk the wrath of Fairbanks folks...
            ***Alaska - Fairbanks Press Release ***
            The “wrath” has been cancelled this year because of cold, darkness, hard economic times, and general disinterest.

Comment

It's all good, the Nooks can handle double-headers with Notre Dame and Denver this weekend

Comment

Adam Murray and William Wrenn will be playing in their hometown probably for the first time in a number of years. And David Carle will be making his return as student assistant coach. DU has an Alaska Pipeline
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by AKJD View Post
                  It's all good, the Nooks can handle double-headers with Notre Dame and Denver this weekend
                  Just "handle" Notre Dame and that will make everybody happy
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

DU is leaving for Anchorage on Wednesday, a day earlier than normal. No TV for this series and there will be live local radio in Denver as well as a pay audiocast on Pioneer Vission at www.denverpioneers.com. Maybe Suze or someone in Alaska will let us know if UAA is videocasting the games with the link.
                    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                      Adam Murray and William Wrenn will be playing in their hometown probably for the first time in a number of years. And David Carle will be making his return as student assistant coach. DU has an Alaska Pipeline
                      The US National Development Team beat Anchorage last year 4-3. Murray had the win and Shore had an assist.

http://www.uscho.com/box/?date=20080...e=uaa&gender=m

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                        DU is leaving for Anchorage on Wednesday, a day earlier than normal. No TV for this series and there will be live local radio in Denver as well as a pay audiocast on Pioneer Vission at www.denverpioneers.com. Maybe Suze or someone in Alaska will let us know if UAA is videocasting the games with the link.

http://portal.gci.net/gcisports/uaa_hockey

This should work. I'm not sure what to expect from UAA in this series. My heart say's UAA sweep, but my head says DU wins Friday and UAA improves their effort Saturday and wins a close game.

Comment

Originally posted by hop-less View Post
                          Do they charge a fee?

Comment

I would change the opponent titile Alaska to UAA or Alaska-Anchorage or risk the wrath of Fairbanks folks who claimed the Alaska-only name in 2006. UAF is the older school vs UAA, although I am sure that more than a few of the UAA fans find that state name only grab amusing, since UAA is the larger school.

Interesting differences between UAA and UAF explained here:

http://uaafan.blogspot.com/2007/10/w...f-rivalry.html
                            I tried to change it but it only worked for my original post. Sorry
                            "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                            Tom Serratore

Comment

Do they charge a fee?

I'm not sure. If they do, I don't see it being more than 4 or 5 bucks

Comment

Working...
                              X