Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Denver @ Alaska, 11/6-11/7

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
    I'm sure the FOUR Alaskan players on UAA will be thinking he's a traitor.

Of the FOUR Alaskan players on UAA one is a goalie, one is from FAIRBANKS, and the other two clowns haven't played in a game this season.

Look at it this way. Any fans that show up at Sully this weekend will finally get to see some good Alaskans playing hockey. Luckily they'll be playing for DU.
    Eat your words.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Box score here says Game Misconduct:

http://www.collegehockeystats.net/09...s/makaden1.n07

Comment

I guess we will just have to wait until Friday to see if he plays or not.

Comment

For a hip check....what's next? Good thing Matt Robinson graduated he would only get to play in half the games!
          If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
            Box score here says Game Misconduct:

http://www.collegehockeystats.net/09...s/makaden1.n07
            Thanks Swami. It was announced as clipping. That is how the ADN lists it in their box scores. The link you posted calls the penalty kneeing. It also lists Grants 3rd period penalty as cross checking, and the ADN lists it as embellishment, which again is what was called at the game. What is up with these discrepancies?
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
              For a hip check....what's next? Good thing Matt Robinson graduated he would only get to play in half the games!
              Oh yeah, he had a great hip check, but nobody will ever be as good as Todd Bethard was at it! He had it down to an art form.

If I figured it correctly, Murrays save percentage last night was .625%. That game is really gonna mess up his numbers. It will be interesting to see if he bounces back, or if Gwoz plays the third string goalie against the Sioux. Could be ugly.
              Last edited by Suze; 11-08-2009, 01:37 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Agreed good thing they were allowed to play hockey back the.
                If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by CO14ers View Post
                  Gotta disagree. LaFranchise has been a cheap hack and dirty player his whole career. And while I do respect you to the utmost Suze, I find it funny that you defend a hit like his, while you certainly wanted to throw Paul Stastny under the bus while I was in AK for a coincidental "running" of the UAA goalie.
                  Lafranchise is a cheap hack and dirty player?? Are you crazy? I can guarantee you that there is no game you can go back to EVER to justify that ridiculous statement. Kane takes a minimum of penalties. He played a great week-end of hockey, was +5, had 2 Assists and had no other penalties called on him. He just did his job. That was a clean hip check. The refs made the wrong call which was why they spent a ludicrous amount of time flipping through that little book of theirs. The call is being challenged.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post

Be careful, you will be dubbed a whiner, not by the other fans, but by your own.

Sorry Suze but I can't accept that. I call it as I see it and I'm by no means the only person from either team who has brought up any of the subjects that I mentioned. The LaFranchise check was a terrible call. Reffing sucked all weekend. This UAA team isn't very consistent right now. And Murray didn't play too well. It might come off as whining but if anything its just overstating what others have already brought up.

Comment

• Re: Denver @ Alaska, 11/6-11/7

I agree, UAA needs to be more consistent. I left the game telling my husband that there is no way we would have put 7 goals in the net with Chevy on the ice. Murray was terrible. Still, the Wolves really disrupted the DU game, forced them into playing the trap, and really looked confused at times. They have now beaten UND and DU, both highly ranked teams who had not lost a WCHA game until UAA took them on.
                      UAA played with Denver pretty well all weekend. I can't imagine that a different goalie in net was the only factor. It might have helped not get 7 goals against on Saturday, but overall I think that either team had a chance to win on Friday. Chevy might have made some difference, but either team had the chance to win these games and it wasn't a flat-out beating by either team.

Comment

I think he came out to try it after the hit, but then headed back to the bench. Gwozdecky sounded very concerned on the post game show that he may be more seriously injured.

We need to wait and see....
                        Swami, update us on his condition, please. I don't like to see any players injured. I did watch the game again at 10 am, and noticed he skated for quite a while after the hip check, and seemed to be very fluid, he didn't seem to be affected at all.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Swami, update us on his condition, please. I don't like to see any players injured. I did watch the game again at 10 am, and noticed he skated for quite a while after the hip check, and seemed to be very fluid, he didn't seem to be affected at all.
                          Haven't seen any updates on Wiercioch's condition.
                          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

I am not one to usually bag on officiating, but overall, the officiating was poor for both sides. Having six five-on-threes in a weekend series is highly, highly unusual.
                            Spoken for truth, thank you.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                            X