X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Denver @ Alaska, 11/6-11/7

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
    Do they charge a fee?
    You mean like DU does? I don't know. Last year it was free, for GCI customers and non-customers as well. I haven't heard this year if anyone has had to pay or not.

I get so ticked with DU's Pioneer Vision, because you can't just pay for one game. Then they charge your credit card month after month if you don't cancel it.

As far as this weekends games, I feel confident that UAA will win one of them. Wren and Murray will be greeted with the TRAITOR chant.

Murray's save percentage is only .856, no where near as good as Chevy's which is .959. UAA got a break with Chevy being out of the line up for this series, and they need to make the most of it! Bryce or Jonnie O need to play solid, and the Wolves need to rattle Murray, and put a few past him. Hopefully playing in front of family and friends will make him feel the pressure a little bit more.
    Last edited by Suze; 11-03-2009, 04:48 PM.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

DU Game Notes for this series.

Highlights from DU Notes
      • Denver is 3-0-1 in its last four games.
      • Goaltender Adam Murray, defenseman William Wrenn and student assistant coach David Carle are natives of Anchorage.
      • Goaltender Marc Cheverie will miss the series with a left calf injury.
      • Denver is 3-1 on the road and 2-0 on Olympic sized ice surfaces.

UAA Game Notes for this series.
      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

The key to this weekend will be goaltending. No goalie on the ice this weekend will be above .900 in saves percentage, and that means a high scoring series is probably likely.

DU must find a way to tighten the defense in front of Murray if they expect success in Anchorage.
        I hope not. we haven't scored 5+ in like multiple years... unless it was against highschool team.
        Looks like a split. we usually match up well (similar size, speed) and looks like your goalie is a question? 6-3 , 3-2

Comment

Being in the Pacific time zone, I'm always earlier than the start time. But this weekend, I'm an hour earlier

At least dinner should be over and I have enough time for a wine run
          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
            No one from Alaska will read the thread anyway.

Alaska is 5-0-1 this season and is one of the last undefeated teams in college hockey. Impressive.
            all WCHA teams would be undefeated if played in the Cup Cake H A
            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
              Being in the Pacific time zone, I'm always earlier than the start time. But this weekend, I'm an hour earlier

At least dinner should be over and I have enough time for a wine run
              2 sliders xl fries and a qt of boonesfarm......mmmmm mmmmmmm good
              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

UAA has played a tough schedule so far (UND and Minnesota) so I don't read much into the 1-3 record - UAA has size, they can skate and they can score.
                Don't forget that they like to hit hard also..... ask Minnesota

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                  Well...nine of them anyway.

Comment

Did you already forget about getting pasted by Michigan? At home?
                    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Could be an interesting series. If UAA can play like they did Saturday of the UND series than anything is possible. They've got to start getting more offense going and take advantage of the DU goalie situation, not many teams will be fortunate enough to meet the Pioneers in such a situation. Strong goaltending and tight defense will help shut down DU also, but our offense seems to have it's random spurts of fire and than dies back down. If they can forget about Minnesota this Friday and get some good shots on the net they could get 2 points. As for Saturday, they've got to be able to play 2 solid games in a weekend, something that I haven't seen yet this season.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                        No one from Alaska will read the thread anyway.

Alaska is 5-0-1 this season and is one of the last undefeated teams in college hockey. Impressive.

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O5YjPteCPLo&hl=en&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O5YjPteCPLo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
                        Mandatory video response to video above.
                        ******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X_8S9Axxg3g&hl=en&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X_8S9Axxg3g&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

DU has a huge speed advantage over the Seawolves. DU has eight players under 5'10" all of whom can skate like the wind. On an Olympic sheet the advantage is going to be exacerbated.

I thought Minnesota looked fast against the Seawolves last weekend & DU is twice as fast as the Gophers.

Also Gwozdecky is the master motivator. Taking the team up a day early to Anchorage, and Houghton in past seasons, has paid huge dividends. While other WCHA teams would never consider this due to the increased traveling costs, DU does all of the little things right.

Comment

2 sliders xl fries and a qt of boonesfarm......mmmmm mmmmmmm good
                            In California we drink wine, from a vinyard, not the stuff that you mentioned.
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Cool Boone's Farm photo

*****http://i3.***********.com/albums/y76/mizcheeze/BoonesFarm-1.png?t=1257358947******

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                                In California we drink wine, from a vinyard, not the stuff that you mentioned.
                                I go for the bum wine. Mad Dog 20/20 Baby! Go UAA

Comment

Working...
                                X