Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech @ MSU-Mankato, Feb. 3-4: Insert wittiness here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech @ MSU-Mankato, Feb. 3-4: Insert wittiness here.

Perhaps I should have said that he could be perceived as bush league and certainly wont make any friends or gain respect of opposing coaches or players.
    Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
      Perhaps I should have said that he could be perceived as bush league and certainly wont make any friends or gain respect of opposing coaches or players.
      whatever. He called a timeout near the end of a game, and you make him into some kind of Stalin or Gwozdecky...
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
        whatever. He called a timeout near the end of a game, and you make him into some kind of Stalin or Gwozdecky...
        Wow, I say something is bush league and I'm calling a guy a communist dictator? Nice overreaction guys. I also complimented profusely, but ignore that if you want.

Comment

Wow, I say something is bush league and I'm calling a guy a communist dictator? Nice overreaction guys. I also complimented profusely, but ignore that if you want.
          just kidding. I was looking for a way to equivocate between Stalin & Gwoz, but do realize that attempt was poorly forced. While I don't think calling timeout is "bush league", I don't actually care if you do.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Like I said, just my opinion. I don't think many coaches would be appreciative of that. I had yournsame reaction at first, but after thinking about it thought it was just something that most woukdnt want done. Not saying tech shoukd have quit playong hard, just that calling a to in that situation was something that most coaches/players would be annoyed and take it as a slight.
            Line had been out too long. If he doesn't call the time out, now he has gassed guys putting an extra shift in during a meaningless part of the game after playing two games in two nights. If a guy pulls a muscle during the last 30 seconds of the game and is out next series, we are all asking why he didn't call a timeout.

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
              Line had been out too long. If he doesn't call the time out, now he has gassed guys putting an extra shift in during a meaningless part of the game after playing two games in two nights. If a guy pulls a muscle during the last 30 seconds of the game and is out next series, we are all asking why he didn't call a timeout.
              Fair point. Bush league is probably a little bit strong. I can tell you without a doubt that opposing teams aren't going to take too well to that. I know MSU's didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                just kidding. I was looking for a way to equivocate between Stalin & Gwoz, but do realize that attempt was poorly forced. While I don't think calling timeout is "bush league", I don't actually care if you do.
                I figured. Honestly, that part of it was just a throw in to my observations. I didn't expect it to be a lightning rod that it was (although I can see why it was). With Pearson as the coach, Tech is playing a more up tempo style of play and it's fun to watch. It's comparable to the way MSU plays and it's fun to watch teams get together when they play like that. Tough, fast, maybe not the most talent, but a ton of effort. It could shape up to be a fun "rivalry" as the conference moves forward.

Comment

Fair point. Bush league is probably a little bit strong. I can tell you without a doubt that opposing teams aren't going to take too well to that. I know MSU's didn't.
                  Honestly, having thought about it, if Tech is down a few goals on a Saturday and the opposing coach does the same thing, I'd probably be annoyed too. I guess it's just a matter of perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
                    Honestly, having thought about it, if Tech is down a few goals on a Saturday and the opposing coach does the same thing, I'd probably be annoyed too. I guess it's just a matter of perspective.
                    Just don't put out a top PP unit if your team is up quite a bit. Tech seems to be touchy about that.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I watched the games on the MSU streaming site. The quality was a bit better the MTU's streaming....so was the camera work....local commericals made it more fun to watch...more like a real TV broadcast. Tech looked very tired in the 1st period. As they've done all year, they don't bring their A game when they face a lower ranked opponent. I liked MSU's style of play and was pleased that they weren't trapping. Now that they're healthy, it's pretty clear that they're underrated. However, Tech has a bit more offensive firepower and depth (at least statistically) than Mankato and should have been able to sweep. It took a 4-0 pasting in the first period on Friday to wake the team up and step up their play to Mankato's level. Tech would have swept if they came in psychologically prepared and didn't need a whole period to ramp up. I could say much the same about a number of other series this year.

Comment

Tech needs to be less emotional, more like a machine when facing opponents.

*****http://www.ivandrago.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Ivan-Drago-241x300.jpg******

Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                        I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                        Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Working...
                        X