This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2011-2012 Thread: Part II

I am so superstitious I couldn't imagine making a prediction. In full Red Sox, hold your breath, pray and pray some more, mode.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
      Heard on the SportsHub headlines this afternoon:

"The NCAA Hockey tournament starts tomorrow, with BC, BU, and Maine all participating this weekend."

What is it going to get to get even a little bit of respect for this program?
      I'm not surprised. As Bill Belichick always says, "It is what it is."

We are a School, and Hockey program, that makes some waves every once in awhile but never seals the deal.

What is ticking me off is the lack of coverage in the Globe and Herald of not only Lowell, but the NCAA Hockey tournament. Both papers are covering the college basketball games at the Garden like it is the best thing to ever happen in Boston.

A word to the Globe and Herald: No one in New England gives a crap about college basketball.
      Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        I am so superstitious I couldn't imagine making a prediction. In full Red Sox, hold your breath, pray and pray some more, mode.
        I'm not making any predictions at all. Due to work I wont get home until 7:30 so I have set the DVR.

Should I listen to Bob on the radio on my drive home? Or should I just do radio silence and fire up the DVR when I get home?
        Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
          I'm not making any predictions at all. Due to work I wont get home until 7:30 so I have set the DVR.

Should I listen to Bob on the radio on my drive home? Or should I just do radio silence and fire up the DVR when I get home?
          Bob live. I always listen to him and have the video feed on silent.

Comment

Hi all....So I'd like to introduce myself, my name is John..current UML undergrad in the biology dept. I would love to get to know you guys, but I guess the more important fact is that everyone who has gone to the games at the tsongas this year DOES know who I am. (A little red sign found at tsongas you might recognize)

From the students perspective, havent seen this much energy from the students in all my years attending the games (been going since the 08-09 season). Needless to say along with at least 1 bus, according to Scott, I will be making the treck to Bridgeport....heres to one of many more seasons to remember

GO RIVERHAWS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aznman08 View Post
              Hi all....So I'd like to introduce myself, my name is John..current UML undergrad in the biology dept. I would love to get to know you guys, but I guess the more important fact is that everyone who has gone to the games at the tsongas this year DOES know who I am. (A little red sign found at tsongas you might recognize)

From the students perspective, havent seen this much energy from the students in all my years attending the games (been going since the 08-09 season). Needless to say along with at least 1 bus, according to Scott, I will be making the treck to Bridgeport....heres to one of many more seasons to remember

GO RIVERHAWS!!!!
              Welcome aboard to the USCHO boards!... Gotta say I love your sign and your enthusiasm. I sit up diagonally behind you in Sec 105.

Give them Hell in Bridgeport, I sadly cannot make it but will be sending screams via the tv at the SportsZone.
              UML 2007 B.S. Meteorology, 2012 M.S. Meteorology

2013 Hockey East Tournament Champions.
              2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions.
              2017 Hockey East Tournament Champions.

http://storm.uml.edu
              https://***********/umlweatherman

Comment

GO RIVERHAWS!!!!
                My son looks to see you are there at every game. Check your rep settings/ user cp at top of page

Comment

GO RIVERHAWS!!!!
                  Great! Can you confirm if the bus is full and/or if there is more than one bus planned? Any word if Gumby and some of the other usuals we see over there in the student section are coming too? And what section are your tickets in?

I'm thinking there's a ton of people going from anecdotal information I've been getting over the last few days, hopeful that Lowell will have at least 1,000 there.
                  Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                  Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                  Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

GO RIVERHAWS!!!!
                    We all know who the "Easy Button" guy is!

Most of us are proud Lowell alums who take the ups and downs of the hockey team way to personally. Other than that we are normal people haha.

Welcome aboard. ScottK, Patronick, Patman, lewsp, UMLFan, etc can take it from here.
                    Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                      We all know who the "Easy Button" guy is!

Most of us are proud Lowell alums who take the ups and downs of the hockey team way to personally. Other than that we are normal people haha.

Welcome aboard. ScottK, Patronick, Patman, lewsp, UMLFan, etc can take it from here.
                      It was a matter of time, but given a busy semester and talking to a few of the loyal alums at Lawler and Schneider thought our impact enough before joining the forums...but the final straw was during HE semis..Was sitting in the premium club with the uml jersey and having to explain to bc,mc alums how lowell failed to score that sunday...

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      My son looks to see you are there at every game. Check your rep settings/ user cp at top of page
                      Thanks for that...but more credit goes to the masses: The alumni, the students...and of course the team.

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                      Great! Can you confirm if the bus is full and/or if there is more than one bus planned? Any word if Gumby and some of the other usuals we see over there in the student section are coming too? And what section are your tickets in?

I'm thinking there's a ton of people going from anecdotal information I've been getting over the last few days, hopeful that Lowell will have at least 1,000 there.
                      From when I talked to Scott on Tues. He had allocated at least 50 tickets for the students (1 bus) with more if demand was necessary. I will post a twitter pic around the time when the bus leaves Fox Hall at 2pm. I can confirm that the Grow one for Dougie pair will be going. We will be in Sec 107, wondering if anyone knows if UML will be attacking or defending twice in that area?

Ideally, I would like to see 1k+ fans....but theres no doubt tomorrow will be Tsongas south.

EDIT: Depending on when the student bus arrives, I would love to "officially" meet you guys at the pre-game meet up and have a beer or two....Ironically today I turn 22.....
                      Last edited by aznman08; 03-22-2012, 08:43 PM.

Comment

GO RIVERHAWKS!!!!
                        Glad to see you made it here and thanks for the info regarding the bus seats. Can't wait!
                        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Working...
                        X