• Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2011-2012 Thread: Part II

Always more tickets to the final as fans of losing teams sell
    without Yale tickets should not be a problem in Bridgeport

Comment

Originally posted by jrobes01 View Post
      I'm planning on going to all the Bridgeport games myself, but have some friends that can only make it to the Saturday game (hopefully we get that far!). Does anyone know if you can buy games individually and how that might work?
      IF Lowell loses on Friday night, you're welcome to my two tickets for Saturday.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by jrobes01 View Post
        I'm planning on going to all the Bridgeport games myself, but have some friends that can only make it to the Saturday game (hopefully we get that far!). Does anyone know if you can buy games individually and how that might work?

Thanks in advance!

Wicked pumped for the tournament. I remember watching it on TV the last time they were there. Can't believe I was only 10 at the time! Like Norm said, it's been much too long.
        I believe single day tickets went on sale today through ticketmaster.

Comment

Originally posted by WrathOfAramark View Post
          NHL.com article also fails to mention that Scott Wilson (who is a prospect of the Penguins) was the Hockey East ROTY.
          Acceptable oversight in my opinion considering it should have gone to Gaudreau.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            Acceptable oversight in my opinion considering it should have gone to Gaudreau.
            Except it shouldn't have. And didn't.
            Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Based on conference stats at the end of the RS, fine give the award to Wilson. I don't have a problem with that. But I think it's clear to everyone in Hockey East (especially after his performance in the HE tourney) who the best rookie really is. That doesn't even take away from Wilson. He had a great year and has a very bright future.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Based on conference stats at the end of the RS, fine give the award to Wilson. I don't have a problem with that. But I think it's clear to everyone in Hockey East (especially after his performance in the HE tourney) who the best rookie really is. That doesn't even take away from Wilson. He had a great year and has a very bright future.
                we prefer team trophies anyway...........

Comment

Pretty much hitting the nail on the head here with Miami. What scares me about UML is the solid PP. It seems like we either play penalty-free hockey or we take 10+

Comment

• Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
                    Pretty much hitting the nail on the head here with Miami. What scares me about UML is the solid PP. It seems like we either play penalty-free hockey or we take 10+
                    That's the other thing... I know it's the playoffs but physical teams tend to take penalties... If you fight through a player when you are proceeding up ice you are going to generate calls... Even if it ends up 4x4... We've got fast and slippery guys... Puck control is great but how about you make the guy catch you?
                    Last edited by Patman; 03-19-2012, 11:21 AM.
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post
                      That's the other thing... I know it's the playoffs but physical teams tend to take penalties... If you fight through a player when you are proceeding up ice you are going to generate calls... Even if it ends up 4x4... We've got fast and slippery guys... Puck control is great but how about you make the guy catch you?
                      Fast guys? Wait til you meet some of our freshmen

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                        Fast guys? Wait til you meet some of our freshmen
                        Wait until you meet some of ours

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                          That only works if you continue to try and fight through those plays ... which Lowell didn't do against PC.
                          Monty

Comment

Apparently there are 2-3 bars within the arena itself. its unclear if any will be able to serve alcohol during the games or if they will be open early.

Somebody with a bit more free time might want to give them a call.

edit: monty... agreed.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                              That only works if you continue to try and fight through those plays ... which Lowell didn't do against PC.

Exactly. Like I said on the last page, we tried to pass our way through instead of skate our way through.

"What I found very frustrating in that series is that we didn't take advantage of our speed and squirminess by skating the puck out of our own end instead of passing it out. Too often we passed the puck before we got to our blue line even though we weren't being challenged. Providence hung back between center ice and their blue line, waited for us to pass then flew to the puck and creamed the Riverhawk the pass was intended for. Maybe Norm should think back to our 9 goal weekend in Maine (who has very big physical defensemen eh?) and use that game plan for Miami."

Comment

Does anyone know what section/rows the Lowell fans will be in?

Comment

Working...
                                X