X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2011-2012 Thread: Part II

Originally posted by WrathOfAramark View Post
    Where the hell is LAR?

I suspect we'll get a TWID from the ice is life guys.

NHL.com article also fails to mention that Scott Wilson (who is a prospect of the Penguins) was the Hockey East ROTY.
    There is really no excuse for LAR... there is no R in UMass Lowell .. W.T.F? Not that I am really surprised by ESPN not knowing UML, but do your homework...
    UML 2007 B.S. Meteorology, 2012 M.S. Meteorology

2013 Hockey East Tournament Champions.
    2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions.
    2017 Hockey East Tournament Champions.

http://storm.uml.edu
    https://***********/umlweatherman

Comment

Won't make it to Bridgeport, I will be listening and cheering on though!

Hell, I'll probably wear my jersey to work on Friday just because.

Comment

Where the hell is LAR?

NHL.com article also fails to mention that Scott Wilson (who is a prospect of the Penguins) was the Hockey East ROTY.
        I already fired off a nasty-gram to their corrections link. Doubt it'll make a difference.
        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Have you guys heard of any public watch parties in Lowell for Friday evening? I can't make it to Bridgeport but would like to watch with other rabid fans!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
            Have you guys heard of any public watch parties in Lowell for Friday evening? I can't make it to Bridgeport but would like to watch with other rabid fans!
            No, but I suspect there will be one somewhere.
            Gary

www.umlhockey.com
            Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
            "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
            KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

I wonder if the Sports Zone in Dracut will host it? .. or maybe the Brewery in Lowell.

Comment

Thiiiiiiiiiiis!! I want be around people who are as anxious as I am!

Comment

Am I the only one concerned that Miami's size and physicality could make them a very tough draw? Lowell has struggled this year against teams that fit that description

Comment

Where the hell is LAR?

Hell, they barely even mention Lowell.
                    The second game of the day Friday in Bridgeport is No. 2 seed Miami (Ohio) against third-seeded UMass-Lowell. The RedHawks are led by the leading goal-scorer in the tournament, Dallas Stars prospect Reilly Smith, who has 30 goals in 38 games. Miami also has New York native and Buffalo Sabres prospect Connor Knapp, a senior goaltender who leads the NCAA with a 1.59 goals against average and sports the best save percentage of guys in the tournament at .937.
                    That's all there is.
                    Originally posted by UMLWeatherman View Post
                    I wonder if the Sports Zone in Dracut will host it? .. or maybe the Brewery in Lowell.
                    I was at the BeerWorks on Saturday, and they said they'd be happy to put the games on.
                    Originally posted by HawksSk860 View Post
                    Am I the only one concerned that Miami's size and physicality could make them a very tough draw? Lowell has struggled this year against teams that fit that description
                    Agreed. That definitely scares me.
                    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      I was at the BeerWorks on Saturday, and they said they'd be happy to put the games on.
                      Sounds like a good place to me

Comment

Agreed. Glancing at some of their stats on uscho they seem stat-wise to be along the lines the Merrimack/PC in that they're a big physical team that doesn't score a lot, doesn't give up a lot, and takes a crap load of penalties.
                        Last edited by WrathOfAramark; 03-19-2012, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Simple for me to say, but it just seems to me we have to take it to the net and look for ugly and rebound goals.

Again, hopefully the week off will help out.
                          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                          Skating Friar Jersey
                          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by HawksSk860 View Post
                            No. I think many of us are thinking the same thing, especially with the way things worked out with PC. Hopefully the team has learned from that series. Miami is a tough draw. The Hawks will need to play their best hockey and find a way to get pucks and players to the net.

Comment

I'm planning on going to all the Bridgeport games myself, but have some friends that can only make it to the Saturday game (hopefully we get that far!). Does anyone know if you can buy games individually and how that might work?

Thanks in advance!

Wicked pumped for the tournament. I remember watching it on TV the last time they were there. Can't believe I was only 10 at the time! Like Norm said, it's been much too long.
                              UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

I haven't hung there often as I'm generally too thirsty and too cheap to drink $6 drafts but my impression of Beer Works is that it's not really a "watching every second of a hockey game" kind of place. Aren't the TV's kind of small and high up? Certainly could be wrong on this and if the place will be filled with UML fans then I'd go.

Miami being a big physical opponent does worry me after getting manhandled by Providence. What I found very frustrating in that series is that we didn't take advantage of our speed and squirminess by skating the puck out of our own end instead of passing it out. Too often we passed the puck before we got to our blue line even though we weren't being challenged. Providence hung back between center ice and their blue line, waited for us to pass then flew to the puck and creamed the Riverhawk the pass was intended for. Maybe Norm should think back to our 9 goal weekend in Maine (who has very big physical defensemen eh?) and use that game plan for Miami.

Comment

Working...
                                X