X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2011-2012 Thread: Part II

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Missed the whole Sports Zone thing. Was driving there when Mr texted to say it was breaking up. Psyched that we actually landed in a more local place! at almost 3 h away I can't make the Fri game I feel bad because even if I am working Lil isn't and he has only heard stories about how they made it to the big time. The only scenario I could have made a game on Friday was Worcester. But what a thing to have to whine about

Congrats to the Boys!!
    Looks like I'm banging out of work on Friday...

Comment

I know some of you (most?; all?) hate BC, but with the exception of BU, I try to root for the conference. Will certainly be pulling for you guys Friday and am glad to see your game is LIVE on ESPNU. What type of crowd are you expecting to make the trip?

Comment

Missed the whole Sports Zone thing. Was driving there when Mr texted to say it was breaking up. Psyched that we actually landed in a more local place! at almost 3 h away I can't make the Fri game I feel bad because even if I am working Lil isn't and he has only heard stories about how they made it to the big time. The only scenario I could have made a game on Friday was Worcester. But what a thing to have to whine about

Congrats to the Boys!!
        Is he coming along anyways? Do you trust him to go down with anybody?
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          What type of crowd are you expecting to make the trip?
          I'm not sure. Asked our staff at the event last night about tickets, and they don't even know how many UML will be allotted. I know they had a few alumni mention that they really should be looking into buses/hotel for the students, so we'll see.

BTW, for those that haven't seen.

Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
            Is he coming along anyways? Do you trust him to go down with anybody?
            He has school Fr so no way I can hand him off to anyone. Oh well.

Monty- thanks for posting that. Really appreciated. I wished we could be there!

Comment

He has school Fr so no way I can hand him off to anyone. Oh well.

Monty- thanks for posting that. Really appreciated. I wished we could be there!
              Isn't this one of those "pull you out of school for a day" kind of events?
              Lowell Forever
              Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                Isn't this one of those "pull you out of school for a day" kind of events?
                Hard to argue that logic; he's practically grown up with the program after all.
                Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                  Hard to argue that logic; he's practically grown up with the program after all.
                  As I told you at the bar, I'm working off the theory that I'm telling my boss I'm taking Friday off, not asking.

Free Lil'!
                  Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                    As I told you at the bar, I'm working off the theory that I'm telling my boss I'm taking Friday off, not asking.
                    This is why I'm glad I can take time off at will (still have a finite amount of vay-cay of course).

Free Lil'!
                    Its an educational experience.

edit: Let's see if I can get away with this one...

By the rights and privileges as granted by the State of Connecticut I declare that this event is necessary and proper to further one's philosophic education.

(I probably can't get away with that.)
                    Last edited by Patman; 03-18-2012, 08:39 PM.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Mr Lil says going to downtown Bridgeport is not a safe option....
                      Bridgeport has the problems of any large city of 150,000 people (largest in CT, 5th in NE) in a bad economy and a tough job market. Like Lowell & Lawrence, the affluence and stability of Bridgeport went with the manufacturing jobs. There's no disputing that that the city has its issues, but the area where we are going is not that bad. The sports complex is adjacent to the ferry terminal and Metro North/Amtrak train station; in fact, it should be all connected. I'm sure decent security and lightning will be present and most of it has been redone. Always travel in groups and avoid exploring the city at night, trust me, there's not much except for the Circus Museum. For food options, I've heard from a couple of people I know in SW Connecticut. The place to go in the city is something which from what I'm told isn't too expensive is called Ralph and Rich's, an Italian place. There is also something call the Metro Bar and Grill but it's a hit or miss place depending on you mood. Supposedly, there are many more and better food options in Milford, 10 minutes east, but I will keep checking.

Missed the whole Sports Zone thing. Congrats to the Boys!!
                      The event was top-notch and one of the best University-hosted functions I've been to in a very long time. The boys deserved that type of fiesta for their performance this year.

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                      Looks like I'm banging out of work on Friday...
                      I didn't take any chances...put in for vacation in late-February when it looked like we had a decent shot.

Just glad to be back in the tourney, I'm sure the lot of Hockey East will be pulling for us against Miami. Wonder if Miami is tired of coming "East" to play HE teams
                      - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Is this the same Bridgeport that I saw a drug deal at the train platform in 2008?

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

So.. How the hell does ESPN get LAR for the three letters to represent Lowell for their bracket?

http://espn.go.com/ncaa/hockey/tourn...ey-frozen-four
                          UML 2007 B.S. Meteorology, 2012 M.S. Meteorology

2013 Hockey East Tournament Champions.
                          2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions.
                          2017 Hockey East Tournament Champions.

http://storm.uml.edu
                          https://***********/umlweatherman

Comment

Where the hell is LAR?

I suspect we'll get a TWID from the ice is life guys.

NHL.com article also fails to mention that Scott Wilson (who is a prospect of the Penguins) was the Hockey East ROTY.

Comment

Originally posted by WrathOfAramark View Post
                              Where the hell is LAR?

I suspect we'll get a TWID from the ice is life guys.

NHL.com article also fails to mention that Scott Wilson (who is a prospect of the Penguins) was the Hockey East ROTY.
                              We already know nhl.com is in serious need of fact checking and maybe a journalist. What's new?

Comment

ESPN loves hockey, especially college

Comment

Working...
                                X