X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2011-2012 Thread: Part II

Originally posted by Patman View Post
    UMD loses... only result left for the early hour is the big one (my understanding is that Miami is down a ton).
    Western 6-2 with 6 minutes to go. A lot of penalties on Miami

Comment

PC going on the PP down by 1. BC letting PC hang around.

Comment

4-2 with 5 minutes left with BC up.
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

BTW, Lowell and Maine have now dropped to a tie for 11th in the PWR.
          Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Well that's done ... 4-2 BC.

According to the CHN Pairwise Blogs, apparently we can start celebrating!
            Friday, 7:35 p.m. (ET) … Boston College beats Providence 4-2. This doesn’t really do anything except solidify BC as the top overall seed and eliminate another potential upset champion. Only Bowling Green and Harvard are left to potentially steal a bid, meaning everyone 13th or higher is safe. Miami, BU and UMass-Lowell are now mathematical locks to make the field.
            Monty

Comment

Congrats boys... backdoor as it is, you've earned it.
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

After 16 years... I'll take it!
                Monty

Comment

I guess I really am turning 40 this year as I loved that song back in the day!

Are we really in? I'm guessing a BU win tonight would help?
                  Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Were you even alive when this song was popular??

I think for best results we have to be Terrier, Big Red, Wolverine, and Goof-er fans tonight....good Lord, I think I may have to go to confession this week.
                    - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                      I guess I really am turning 40 this year as I loved that song back in the day!

Are we really in? I'm guessing a BU win tonight would help?
                      Here's the geekery on this... the winner of the WCHA will be in the top 10 of pairwise, the winner of Hockey East will be in the top 10 of pairwise. The only realistic way to get to PWR=13 or PWR=14 was if Providence because a team under consideration... that ONLY occurs if Providence wins Hockey East as their RPI>=.5 in that case. Since those things didn't happen UML is highly unlikely (that is to say, I don't know enough) to finish with a PWR of 13 and they can't end at 14... and since at most 3 teams will come outside of the top 13 UMass-Lowell has clinched a NCAA tournament slot.

I'm not going to go through the things to figure out if there is an out. I'd have a hard time believing there is one.

The rest is seeding... we no longer care if Cornell wins... in fact, we don't want that to happen. WMU losing tomorrow would help. Maine losing would help. Avoiding the bottom would be nice to avoid some of the big teams as a #4 seed.

As for location... still pretty random... and that won't be clear until some of the early Saturday returns (if there are any). Speculation as to where and who we'll play is just that.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
                        Were you even alive when this song was popular??

I think for best results we have to be Terrier, Big Red, Wolverine, and Goof-er fans tonight....good Lord, I think I may have to go to confession this week.
                        Hopefully the Hawks stay on the east coast.

Harvard 2-0 over Cornell, 7:00 minutes to go in the first.

Comment

Here's the geekery on this... the winner of the WCHA will be in the top 10 of pairwise, the winner of Hockey East will be in the top 10 of pairwise. The only realistic way to get to PWR=13 or PWR=14 was if Providence because a team under consideration... that ONLY occurs if Providence wins Hockey East as their RPI>=.5 in that case. Since those things didn't happen UML is highly unlikely (that is to say, I don't know enough) to finish with a PWR of 13 and they can't end at 14... and since at most 3 teams will come outside of the top 13 UMass-Lowell has clinched a NCAA tournament slot.

I'm not going to go through the things to figure out if there is an out. I'd have a hard time believing there is one.

The rest is seeding... we no longer care if Cornell wins... in fact, we don't want that to happen. WMU losing tomorrow would help. Maine losing would help. Avoiding the bottom would be nice to avoid some of the big teams as a #4 seed.

As for location... still pretty random... and that won't be clear until some of the early Saturday returns (if there are any). Speculation as to where and who we'll play is just that.
                          Thanks for that. I guess it's time to relax and wait for the selection show on Sunday.
                          Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Pat, if Lowell ends up a 4 seed, would they most likely stay local? Just not in same region as BC?

Comment

Jim Connelly was just on tv and he said,"That Lowell is 98% in the tournment and merrimack is offically out."

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                                Pat, if Lowell ends up a 4 seed, would they most likely stay local? Just not in same region as BC?
                                Oof... inclination... no...

The way its been looking... and I'm not sure right now... but it looks like the most likely case is that there will be 3 western teams at the top. We will not play Boston College in the first round. So the question is "can Lowell help attendance"? the stark answer is no... even if we could pull it off the impression is there... but that being said, if Bridgeport lacks eastern teams you could very well see a swap... it depends on how "easy" a swap would be on bracket integrity. It should also be noted that there will likely be two CCHA teams at the bottom. In the end we're probably the weakest attendance situation if you compare two eastern teams together.

Other possibilities... BU wins out and they're in bridgeport... certainly going west.

Best hope... don't be a four seed. Don't end up directly against Minnesota in a #2/#3... don't end up in Michigan's bracket. Pretty simple

edit: that being said, there is still way too much to happen.

Alright guys, I'm going to go get dressed and head out. I'll check in but unless I get bored I'm not going to work out every scenario.
                                Last edited by Patman; 03-16-2012, 07:11 PM.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Working...
                                X