This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2011-2012 Thread: Part II

UMLFan, that response you got makes no sense to me.

Comment

Yeah, I feel like I missed a response from him in this ...
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        I know you don't honestly believe that, so perhaps you forgot one of those faces. If every coach gets a vote, don't you think it could have been Bazin the one who didn't vote for himself?
        that's what i'd bet... seems like the kind of guy Norm is... and really, you shouldn't vote for yourself for a merit award... even if you believe it.
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Doug Carr Got screwed big time!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            I know you don't honestly believe that, so perhaps you forgot one of those faces. If every coach gets a vote, don't you think it could have been Bazin the one who didn't vote for himself?
            Well that makes sense. So simple yet eluded me.

Comment

North Dakota won tonight so UML is now tied with Maine in the PWR. they are tied for tenth.

Comment

The HE site has some banquet pictures up that were taken by Gibber.
                http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...3/mar15pix.php

2011-2012 Hockey East Honorable Mention All-Stars
                G: Kieran Millan, BU (Sr., Edmonton, Alta.)
                D: Tommy Cross, BC (Sr., Simsbury, Conn.)
                D: Chad Ruhwedel, UML (So., San Diego, Calif.)
                F: Alex Chiasson, BU (Jr., St. Augustin, Que.)
                F: Matt Nieto, BU (So., Long Beach, Calif.)
                F: T.J. Syner, UMass (Sr., Springfield, Mass.)
                F: Scott Wilson, UML (Fr., Oakville, Ont.)
                Last edited by boblav1; 03-15-2012, 10:16 PM.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg8Sd...1&feature=plcp
                  at 2 minutes is Norm's interview

Comment

This absolutely blows that I'm not all excited about going into Boston tonight.

I know it's not time to think about next year yet ... but HE will be tougher. Got to make all the noise that we can this year.

Most importantly, I really desperately hope we get off the list as the longest team in HE without making the NCAAs on Sunday.
                    Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      This absolutely blows that I'm not all excited about going into Boston tonight.

I know it's not time to think about next year yet ... but HE will be tougher. Got to make all the noise that we can this year.

Most importantly, I really desperately hope we get off the list as the longest team in HE without making the NCAAs on Sunday.
                      Calm down Monty. First of all, why are you going into Boston? Second of all it'd still take an unlikely series of things to keep us home. BC wins tonight and we're in... Plain and simple.

As for us, we'll be fine. Did we finish above our ability? Possibly. We do lose a couple of difference makers but we've got a lot of quality guys storming right behind them and they'll be motivated for the off-season.

I'll admit, until the results go the right way tonight I am worried... But it's not worth being all depressive about.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        It's too bad Scott Wilson was sick and couldn't make the banquet.

Comment

Going out on a limb: Monty's annoyed because he's not excited about going into Boston, because the team is not going to Boston and thus neither is he.
                          Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                          Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                          "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                          KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

A Lowell Sun article about the HE awards.

A great quote from Norm on winning the HE Coach of the Year. It says a lot about him.
                            "It's been a whirlwind season, and I'm very fortunate to have gotten this coaching opportunity. I accept this on behalf of our staff. I'm probably the third-best coach on our staff."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                              Going out on a limb: Monty's annoyed because he's not excited about going into Boston, because the team is not going to Boston and thus neither is he.
                              This.
                              Monty

Comment

• Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                                Yeah but then he said all that other stuff and I know yesterday he talked about avoiding watching the games.

Can't have our #1 energy guy being all dispirited and stuff.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Working...
                                X