This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2011-2012 Thread: Part II

A large and disgusting omission seems to exist in this Boston.com article.

http://www.boston.com/sports/college...ment_capsules/

Comment

Originally posted by WrathOfAramark View Post
      A large and disgusting omission seems to exist in this Boston.com article.

http://www.boston.com/sports/college...ment_capsules/
      Lemme guess...those your comments on there?
      Gary

www.umlhockey.com
      Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
      "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Aye.

Comment

The Takeaway: Kamrass, UML Force Game 3 with OT Win

Comment

World is ending 9 months early. NESN showed highlights from a Lowell game unforced.

Comment

Was psyched to get myself and Mrs. GoUML to the first game we've been to since puppies night against NU. So sad that the team will not be going to Boston. Lowell had lots of possession tonight but PC clogged the neutral zone well and limited chances after taking the 1-0 lead. Carr played another good game. Students were loud and excited, especially in the 3rd.

I think (knocks on wood) the team is in a great position for the NCAAs even though it could mean a flight to Minnesota or Green Bay as opposed to an easy drive to Bridgeport for the team. Here's to anxiously waiting until the selection show next weekend.

Unreal to think that not making it to the Garden is disappointing when compared to preseason expectations (i.e., please, please, let them get to 8th and make the HE tourney).
              U.S. Naval Academy '06 - BS
              UMass Lowell '12 - MBA

Comment

Reading through the bracketology thread, it looks like it'll take an act of God for Lowell not to make the NCAA's. Only question now will be how far away will they be?

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                  Reading through the bracketology thread, it looks like it'll take an act of God for Lowell not to make the NCAA's. Only question now will be how far away will they be?
                  My 1st run through USCHO's Pairwise Predictor with mostly favorites winning every game has Lowell 9th, which would put them in Worcester (with BC as the #1 overall).
                  Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                  "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Not a huge fan of soliciting, but if anyone has interest: Help me raise money for childhood cancer research with St. Baldricks. Donate now at http://stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/549447/2012

Comment

From an MC fan...Good luck in the tourney UML...you might be our rivals from across the river, but you guys have a fun team to watch...you guys deserve the NCAA bid...wish we could have been there with ya, but things weren't meant to be. So good luck!!!
                      As everyone knows... there was a crisis, as Justin (MCHOCKEY) went AWOL 4 minutes into the first game... and thankfully he wandered his way to the meet and greet in one piece... listening to Mike (Warrior51) tell this story was *** hilarious...

-Redman after the first night of the HE Tournament(2004).

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                        My 1st run through USCHO's Pairwise Predictor with mostly favorites winning every game has Lowell 9th, which would put them in Worcester (with BC as the #1 overall).
                        Pretty sure I did it right, and call me pessimistic, but I did all lower seeds winning throughout and Lowell didn't budge in the PWR. Just put them in a tie for 9th, with ND, instead of having it by themselves.

It would add 5 teams with autobids if all lower seeds win.
                        UML 2007 B.S. Meteorology, 2012 M.S. Meteorology

2013 Hockey East Tournament Champions.
                        2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions.
                        2017 Hockey East Tournament Champions.

http://storm.uml.edu
                        https://twitter.com/umlweatherman

Comment

Nice series UML fans. Wishing you all the best in the NCAA's!!!

You've got an exciting team and you're a great group of fans. Look forward to seeing you all next year at Schneider.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                            Nice series UML fans. Wishing you all the best in the NCAA's!!!

You've got an exciting team and you're a great group of fans. Look forward to seeing you all next year at Schneider.
                            What he said. UML all the way in the NCAA's!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                            -Blackadder
                            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                            -Casablanca
                            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

As upset as I am that UML couldn't beat PC at home in the HEA QF series, it is pretty clear that this may have been the best thing for them as far as the NCAA tournament is concerned. This team looked pretty beat up yesterday. Carr could use a short snooze off ice, lest he snooze on it. Bazin mentioned pre-game yesterday how a bunch of players were nursing some injuries. They need rest -- they looked incredibly beat up yesterday, and the body language was indicative of a team that was defeated in more ways than one. Lowell is a team that needs to put pedal to metal to beat NCAA-tourney quality teams.

Comment

That feeling of getting kicked in the balls.

Yep ... that's how it feels today.
                                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Working...
                                X