X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2011-2012 Thread: Part II

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    Now ... there's a game tonight. Going for the season sweep of Maine (yet another thing I never though I'd type this season). Hope the student section continues to grow... All IN!
    A big win last night, now the Hawks need to finish the job against Maine. They'll need another solid 60 minutes and have to stay out of the box with Maine's PP.

Btw, Joey Diamond played last night at PC and had a goal.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
      Ugh...that def complicates things...
      Gary

www.umlhockey.com
      Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
      "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
        Actually, I'm glad he will be in the lineup tonight. Don't want any reason for Lowell to let their guard down after the emotional game from last night.
        - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
          Actually, I'm glad he will be in the lineup tonight. Don't want any reason for Lowell to let their guard down after the emotional game from last night.
          John,

I'm happy that we haven't "busted" given that we have clinched 8th place (assuming you meant 8th or higher -- I understand "8th or higher or bust doesn't have the same ring to it)

Comment

CHN's Scott McLaughlin was at the game last night, and wrote a blog post about it, which included this bit...
            Lowell’s top line of Arnold, Wetmore and Scott Wilson continued to dominate. Since being put together two weeks ago in the wake of a 1-0 loss to Providence, the trio has combined for nine goals and 17 assists in five games.
            26 points in 5 games? Wow.

And Jim Connelly's recap from USCHO.
            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Rules question. High stick infraction. Called primarily by referees or nearest official?
              Gary

www.umlhockey.com
              Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
              "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
              KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Tough loss tonight and would have loved a win but at the end of the weekend we have:

Started the season series with Merrimack well.
                Still won the season series against Maine.
                Have the #1 spot in Hockey East with six games to play.

The top five teams in Hockey East got squished a little closer together this weekend. Will be interesting to see how the last few weekends play out because a lot of movement is still possible. Sounded like Carr had another fantastic game tonight.

The one point lead over BU and BC makes getting points against BU next weekend all the more important.
                U.S. Naval Academy '06 - BS
                UMass Lowell '12 - MBA

Comment

Originally posted by goUMLgoBC View Post
                  Have the #1 spot in Hockey East with six games to play.
                  Yeah........with 4 games left to play vs. BU and Merrimack.

Good luck with that!

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post

Good luck with that!
                    everyone except for VT is a threat in this league right now on a given night. Doesn't matter who it is just how the team plays.

Tough loss. Lil figures the reason it didn't turn out well was Gumby wasn't in the stands and the Easy Button was missing. they better get on it next game!

Comment

Does this mean the haters aren't going to string Timmay up? I was wondering that but am too lazy to go find the thread. Last I looked in there they were ready to buy off the contract

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        everyone except for VT is a threat in this league right now on a given night. Doesn't matter who it is just how the team plays.
                        Seriously? I would trade 2 games with BU and Merrimack for 2 with UMass and Northeastern any day!

Comment

Seriously? I would trade 2 games with BU and Merrimack for 2 with UMass and Northeastern any day!
                          and your point is? If a team plays well and takes care of business then it doesn't matter.

Comment

Good luck with that!
                            Lowell has already beaten both of those teams once this year. 2 of those 4 games are at home, where Lowell is 10-2 on the season.
                            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              Does this mean the haters aren't going to string Timmay up? I was wondering that but am too lazy to go find the thread. Last I looked in there they were ready to buy off the contract
                              I am one of the haters. I haven't given up the ghost yet, but something certainly has changed within the program during the course of the year. Most of us are able to see that Maine will probably never be what it once was. But we expect more from the team than we have received for the last several years. Having said that, if the team remains competitive, is in 'it' for home ice every year (or most years), and the Alfond is banged out regularly, I'll cease with calling for Timmay's head.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                                Joey is a different player since you saw him in November. He now plays with much more discipline and subsequently his penalty minutes have dropped dramatically. He now goes through games with no penalties and is still very effective as a player, especially in front of the net. He also is rarely called for embellishment which was a Diamond trademark early in the season.
                                Yeah, he sure showed his true colors tonight when he punched a Lowell player in the face after the whistle on Lowell's elbowing penalty.

Why they didn't give Diamond a penalty I'll never know. That PP resulted in the game winning goal. Oh well, on to BU.

But PLEASE don't sit there and act like Diamond isn't a cheap scumbag thug, especially when we all witnessed it tonight in living color.
                                Lowell Forever
                                Forever Lowell

Comment

Working...
                                X