This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2011-2012 Thread: Part II

BU's Beanpot win moved Lowell into sole possession of 2nd in the PWR.

Comment

Just curious....now that we own the Tsongas, what are the chances that we'll seek a bid to host a regional?
      Gary

www.umlhockey.com
      Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
      "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
        Just curious....now that we own the Tsongas, what are the chances that we'll seek a bid to host a regional?
        DCU holds 15,000, Webster Bank Arena hold 10,000, and the Verizon Wireless in Mancehster holds just under 10,000. Too much money to lose for the NCAA to have one at the Tsongas. They could do a women's regional most likely if they do neutral sites for those.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
          DCU holds 15,000, Webster Bank Arena hold 10,000, and the Verizon Wireless in Mancehster holds just under 10,000. Too much money to lose for the NCAA to have one at the Tsongas. They could do a women's regional most likely if they do neutral sites for those.
          Right, forgot about the seat count. Was just thinking that 'BU does it a lot' but forgot they don't do it at Agganis.
          Gary

www.umlhockey.com
          Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
          "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
          KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Different question. Anyone think they should rip out the green seats and install red ones? It would keep with the color scheme and, in my opinion, look sharp.
            Lowell Forever
            Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
              Different question. Anyone think they should rip out the green seats and install red ones? It would keep with the color scheme and, in my opinion, look sharp.
              I think the idea is to make the seats that aren't filled not stick out. If red was empty then it would show much more than green.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                I think the idea is to make the seats that aren't filled not stick out. If red was empty then it would show much more than green.
                I don't think empty seats have really been a problem this season. Plus, if you're going to go two-tone, the green clashes with everything else.
                Lowell Forever
                Forever Lowell

Comment

Right, forgot about the seat count. Was just thinking that 'BU does it a lot' but forgot they don't do it at Agganis.
                  I'd also wonder if the institution bears any expenses as well. The athletic departments (IIRC) are responsible for making sure the event works and has to invest their staff into it.
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    A good example of that are the seats at the garden. You can't miss the empty seats with that gold color. I believe several years ago they actual replaced some of the gold ones with black so they would not stick out so much. After last season empty seats are not much of a problem for the Bruins.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      Forward thinking... The building would have more energy if it were red.

We aren't some middling arena management company who is unsure about their clients.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                        Hey, "HGTV" is looking for new programming! How about "Arena Makeover", hosted by Color Splash's David Bromstad?

On a related note, where do I turn in my "Man Card"?
                        Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

The best way, of course, to hide empty seats is to fill them. The Tsongas looks empty even when there's a pretty good crowd because so many ticketholders are hiding in function rooms or the concourse, etc.

Comment

If you want to go retro I'd suggest alternating red and blue seats

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                              If you want to go retro I'd suggest alternating red and blue seats
                              They could do blue with a red stripe, with a smaller white strip within the red stripe like the old Foxborough Stadium

Comment

Taking this from the Maine thread, both Joey Diamond and Adam Shemansky were injured against UAH and their status is uncertain for their games this weekend.
                                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Working...
                                X