X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML 2011-2012 Thread: Part II

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
    What I don't get is how BU loses two at home and only falls one spot in the nat'l rankings.
    In BU's defense, *cringe* they're ranked 3d in the USCHO poll, but are second nationally in the PWR and KRACH (and RPI).

Comment

Originally posted by HawksSk860 View Post
      In BU's defense, *cringe* they're ranked 3d in the USCHO poll, but are second nationally in the PWR and KRACH (and RPI).
      Do you feel dirty?

(Just kidding.)

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        do you feel dirty?

(just kidding.)
        lol!
        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

So here's the trivia question of the night because it may go back to the middle 90s if it's true...and that may be a stretch.

When (if ever) has #4 Merrimack and #9 Lowell both been ranked as top ten teams in the same poll.
          - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

So... does anybody think we'll see the mystery russian this weekend?
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Pretty sure this is the first time ever that Lowell and Merrimack are top 10. I remember seeing releases from Merrimack that they were top 10 for the first time last season. Lowell wasn't for sure.

The River Hawks have been before, in my memory. Maybe 1994, definitely 1996 and I believe the first year Blaise MacDonald was the coach (they got to around #2 or #3 before the lost the French kids to the Olympics?!?)

That's all from memory, though.

Jim Connelly

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo15 View Post
                Pretty sure this is the first time ever that Lowell and Merrimack are top 10. I remember seeing releases from Merrimack that they were top 10 for the first time last season. Lowell wasn't for sure.

The River Hawks have been before, in my memory. Maybe 1994, definitely 1996 and I believe the first year Blaise MacDonald was the coach (they got to around #2 or #3 before the lost the French kids to the Olympics?!?)

Jim Connelly
                We got to #3 that year before gravity reasserted itself.
                Gary

www.umlhockey.com

"It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                  So... does anybody think we'll see the mystery russian this weekend?
                  If he's ready, Bazin will play him, but I don't see the point to waste a year of eligibility for the final 11+ games (even though he probably won't be here for 4 years).

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo15 View Post

Jim Connelly
                    Lowell reached the Top 10 three times since the USCHO poll started in 1997-98.

2001-02 peaked at #3
                    2004-05 peaked at #10 (#9 in USA Today poll)
                    2009-10 peaked at #3
                    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                      If he's ready, Bazin will play him, but I don't see the point to waste a year of eligibility for the final 11+ games (even though he probably won't be here for 4 years).
                      If he's as advertised he won't be here for 4 years
                      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                      Skating Friar Jersey
                      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                        If he's as advertised he won't be here for 4 years
                        Agreed. I think he'll play, if he's ready.
                        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Josh Holmstrom's goal from Saturday night is in the running for Hockey East "Move of the Week".
                          http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/media/moves.php

Any season ticket holder on here that won the raffle to attend the Behind the Bench with Coach Bazin event on Thursday? It should be a fun time.

Comment

UML announces Mission: All In Campaign.
                            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                              Josh Holmstrom's goal from Saturday night is in the running for Hockey East "Move of the Week".
                              http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/media/moves.php

Any season ticket holder on here that won the raffle to attend the Behind the Bench with Coach Bazin event on Thursday? It should be a fun time.
                              Nope, but I hope they do it again. Seems really cool.
                              Gary

www.umlhockey.com

Comment

Has anyone else heard that the sportshub keeps playing the commercial for pucks and paws? It's been a week and a half. I'm sure the athletic dept. paid X amount of money to run y number of ads. I'm sure they wanted Y to be before the game, not 2 weeks after.

Comment

Working...
                                X