X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2011-2012 Thread: Part II

E-mail I received today says:

"In order to simplify your ticketing process, please complete the attached form and return it to the Box Office by 5:00PM TODAY! The school receives a block of tickets which we are holding until 5:00PM for season ticket holders. Beginning tomorrow morning, we will allow all of River Hawk Nation to purchase their tickets through the Tsongas Center Box Office until our allotment is sold out so please take advantage of this offer and help the Box Office serve you with ease and convenience.

Please note that many of you have already sent in the form for processing and are all set. Information on ticket pick-up, fan gatherings in Bridgeport and Lowell, area hotels, etc. will be sent out as it is confirmed so stay tuned!"

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Based on conference stats at the end of the RS, fine give the award to Wilson. I don't have a problem with that. But I think it's clear to everyone in Hockey East (especially after his performance in the HE tourney) who the best rookie really is. That doesn't even take away from Wilson. He had a great year and has a very bright future.
      Yes, because the awards are given out based on season performance, in which Scott Wilson was CLEARLY better than Gaudreau, and it's not even debateable.

Maybe the bigger question for BC fans is, why does your boy wonder only show up when the TV cameras are on? The Beanpot (2-2-4) and HE Championship (3-1-4) accounted for 20% of Geaudreau's scoring. I'm sure people who watch Hockey East on tv would certainly think Gaudreau was better. They'd be wrong, but they're free to think it.

Final numbers entering the NCAA Tournament.

Wilson: 35GP 16-21-37 (1.057 ppg)
      Gaudreau: 40GP 19-20-39 (.975 ppg)

Gaudreau is still behind in PPG - most likely because he vanished in the middle of the season, accumulating 4-5-9 in 19 games between November and Janurary (.473 ppg) and is up on Wilson by two points, despite having played five more games.

Again, that this is even being debated is just silly.
      Lowell Forever
      Forever Lowell

Comment

It's done, it's over with, Wilson won. Let's move on ... after all, for the first time in 16 years, UML's still playing in late March!
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

First of all, I'm not debating it. I'm fine with Wilson getting the award...he deserved it.

Comment

So what do writers and/or other employees at NHL.com, ESPN, and now WCPO.com (ABC affiliate, channel 9 out of Cincinnati) have in common? They apparently all failed basic journalism 101 in terms of research, factchecking, editing, and proofreading.

From WCPO.com's sports blog - http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/sports/sport...owell-in-ncaas

"UMass-Lowell lost in its best-of-3 series vs. Providence in the Hockey East Tournament. The Rivermen are eighth in the NCAA in goals scored per game, averaging 3.33."

When did we become the Rivermen? At least they got the GPG average right.
            Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
            Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
            Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by WrathOfAramark View Post
              NHL.com article also fails to mention that Scott Wilson (who is a prospect of the Penguins) was the Hockey East ROTY.
              Given NHL.com's past display of journalistic ineptitude regarding UML, you find this surprising?
              Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

The LAR Rivermen led by HE ROTY Brian Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  The LAR Rivermen led by HE ROTY Brian Wilson

Someone should so make a sign for Friday that says "GO LAR Rivermen!"
                  Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                    Someone should so make a sign for Friday that says "GO LAR Rivermen!"
                    We should do at least one "Let's go LAR" chant
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                      fast guys? Wait til you meet some of our freshmen coeds
                      fyp

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                        We should do at least one "Let's go LAR" chant
                        Aww... They fixed it. Just as I was getting Stockholm Syndromed into liking it.

Comment

Originally posted by WrathOfAramark View Post
                          Yeah, just noticed it. Coworker here knows someone at ESPN and inquired about it. I'd also sent a nastygram about it as did others I suspect.
                          Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                          Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                          "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                          KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                            fyp
                            No need for the freshman qualifier, it applies across the board

Comment

• Originally posted by WrathOfAramark View Post
                              Yeah... Our athletic department sent a few emails.
                              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                              Skating Friar Jersey
                              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Seeing brackets popping up everywhere that expect us out after Miami.

Anyway, today's TMQ:
                                Jim: I think that the East Regional bracket in Bridgeport, Conn., might be the softest of brackets. Most people I’ve seen are picking Union there, but I think that this should be Miami’s region to lose. They will play a Massachusetts-Lowell team with zero NCAA experience and then face the winner of Union and Michigan State, a team that barely backed into the tournament. And yes, I’m realistic to the fact that all four of these clubs are solid but I believe there are few people out there who believe the national champion will come from this region.
                                But then he goes on to say:
                                OK, one last chance to put you on the spot. Who is your final four? I’ll be fair and start with mine: I have BC, Massachusetts-Lowell, North Dakota and Michigan. I think Lowell is really my only upset pick but I just feel that bracket is wide open.
                                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Working...
                                X