This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2011-2012 Thread: Part II

Yeah I called Scott D. They didn't want to mail them out if you ordered in the last week and half in case the mail was slow or anything.
    Lowell Forever
    Forever Lowell

Comment

CHN shares their Hockey East Award winners, which includes one First Team member, one Second Team member, one COTY, one Goalie of the Year and one ROTY.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

USCHO preview.

Lowell Sun preview.
        Last edited by UMLFan; 03-08-2012, 11:33 AM.
        Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Haven't had as much time to catch up on USCHO in the last couple weeks as I'd have liked, but I can't even begin to describe how excited I am for this weekend and presumably the next few weekends.

Got the e-mail from Scott the other day about buying tix for the NCAAs. It looks like Lowell may get the local consideration and end up in Bridgeport or Worcester. Do you guys think this is likely with a hopeful series win against Providence? Not sure if I'd make it to Green Bay or St. Paul, but I'm there no matter what in Tampa if crazy things happen.
          UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

TWiD is up: http://theiceislife.wordpress.com/20...t-with-honors/

Comment

Nice interview with for UML defenseman Ryan Blair from a Bruins blog: http://www.somethingsbruin.net/readi...yan-blair.html
              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                I think watching the Red Sox for most of my life has given me the tools to handle this. I am stuck in neutral- scared to have the faith or hope but wanting to believe.
                Not taking away from the bad guys that out played us but jeese! I know that same sex marriage is legal in Mass but I never thought the teams would need to stop at the drugstore before playing the game. Guys getting picked up off their feet and thrown down with no call. When they finally did call it they called Wilson, who was thrown down after a big bear hug, for embelishment. I guess he didn't fall gracefully enough?

I'm sure I was in an alternate universe as far as what let 'em play means and that goes for both sides. That was an exercise in let em play, just let em loose. Holding, clutching, hooking, tripping, leaping on people from behind, holding the stick and getting dragged down the ice like you were towed behind the speedboat and a clinic in interference (did they abolish that penalty?) They also let them (both teams) cheat on the change so badly that the benches looked like they were empty cos all 10 guys seemed to be on the ice at once. None of that silly stuff where you need to be within so many feet. Just look like you are facing toward the bench.

Ah well, the Red Sox have me trained well. I am still cautiously hoping

Comment

Well the Hawks got their wake up call tonight. They got out played by PC and now the pressure is on. PC won most of the battles for the puck tonight. The Hawks just looked off, passing was terrible and they had a tough time with PC's forecheck. What's with the penalties to start the game?

A disappointing crowd tonight, it's a good thing the students showed up.

Comment

The Takeaway: Providence Upsets Lowell in Game 1

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                      Welcome to the world of QF games, no one shows up.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

UML beat PC twice last weekend. It's very hard to beat any team four games in a row. I'm still rooting for Lowell and expect Lowell to pull it out in 3.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                          Welcome to the world of QF games, no one shows up.
                          Yes, I know. It's been a problem for years. I was just hoping for a better turnout, maybe Friday night.

Comment

if pc wins and makes it, why even make bc dress until next saturday? just save everyone some time.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post

actually considering it was a thursday night game in the always sparsely attended QF's, 3147 isn't too bad........................

Comment

Just disappointing last night. Could see it from the start. And I think that's the first time I've seen a two-man advantage that quickly into the game...

Better come out on fire tonight, or this will be a disappointing end to a wonderful season.
                                Monty

Comment

Working...
                                X