• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patronick
    replied
    Re: UML 2011-2012 Thread: Part II

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    Even if Lowell gets swept, MC would need to take at least 3 points from UMass (not saying that can't/won't happen).

From the Lowell side, I'll take a split at worse for Lowell. That and a Merrimack split would give Lowell third place. Hell, being the kind and considerate guy I am, I'll even take a Lowell split, Merrimack gaining three points ... that would put Lowell 3rd (at worst, depending on BU), MC 4th and Maine 5th.
    If Lowell gets 2 points this weekend they'll finish no worse than 3rd.

Lowell - 31 pts
    Maine - 30 pts
    Merrimack - 29pts

Lowell has the tie breaker over Maine (2-1 season series) and over Merrimack (1-1-1, better records against both BU and BC, so regardless of who is in first the tie breaker goes to Lowell.)

So even if Mack sweeps (33pts), Lowell just needs 2 points.

Obviously they have to be thinking 4 points or bust, but in terms of 3rd place, a deuce will do it.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
    Once this weekend is over, as long as Lowell doesn't face Merrimack, I will be cheering for UML, but this weekend I hope you get swept so Merrimack can get the three seed.
    Even if Lowell gets swept, MC would need to take at least 3 points from UMass (not saying that can't/won't happen).

From the Lowell side, I'll take a split at worse for Lowell. That and a Merrimack split would give Lowell third place. Hell, being the kind and considerate guy I am, I'll even take a Lowell split, Merrimack gaining three points ... that would put Lowell 3rd (at worst, depending on BU), MC 4th and Maine 5th.

Leave a comment:

• Go-UML
    replied

Definitely nervous here.

Leave a comment:

• irishfan85
    replied

Once this weekend is over, as long as Lowell doesn't face Merrimack, I will be cheering for UML, but this weekend I hope you get swept so Merrimack can get the three seed.

Leave a comment:

• HawksSk860
    replied

The USCHO writers once again pick Lowell to sweep.
    kiss o' death

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

I don't know if it's that UML is playing PC, or that Lowell fans are nervous, but wow, it's been quiet in here this week... it's not like the games tonight and tomorrow mean anything.

The USCHO writers once again pick Lowell to sweep.

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
    Today UML players were out in the community shoveling driveways. Good stuff!

http://www.goriverhawks.com/sports/m...030112aae.html
    builds character

Leave a comment:

• gochiefs
    replied

Today UML players were out in the community shoveling driveways. Good stuff!

http://www.goriverhawks.com/sports/m...030112aae.html

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

Chaz with a short write-up on the Sun's site.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

I watched the video feed. The buffering lag was so bad that every little bit I would refresh and the score would have changed by 4-6. Talk about back and forth, up and down.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
    They'll be going up against Stonehill who beat Lowell twice this year, 72-59 on November 30th, and then crushed them 69-35 on February 8th.
    Franklin Pierce had also defeated the Hawks twice this year prior to last night.

Leave a comment:

• bottomdweller
    replied

#4 UML basketball beats #1 Franklin Pierce on the road 69-65 in the NE-10 Semifinals tonight.
    They'll be going up against Stonehill who beat Lowell twice this year, 72-59 on November 30th, and then crushed them 69-35 on February 8th.

Leave a comment:

• bottomdweller
    replied

#4 UML basketball beats #1 Franklin Pierce on the road 69-65 in the NE-10 Semifinals tonight.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied
    Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
    I am. Prob hit the Abbey beforehand.
    I'm disappointed that I never made it over there... This weekend won't change that

Leave a comment:

Working...
X