This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2011-2012 Thread: Part II

Guess I got the non hokydad biased opinion of lyles I was looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
      Stop it... and stop it now.

We did some great things we did some very stupid things. Defense needs a gut check and we need to play tighter than we did last night... maybe a little too sure that the game plan is going to work... wrong time to go on auto-pilot.

That being said... ahem...

THE WORLD IS NOT FALLING APART!

We've had a great ride so far... and I know there are a few of us here who are waiting for the bottom to drop out. Stop it, and stop it now. There is no reason we can't win tonight... NONE. This game could have just as easily been 4-1 UML with BU on their heels. There were deficiencies last night... those get worked on. Bottom line we're in this and we're not going down the road of some ill-fated tragic script.

At least its not my script... oh shucks we lost again stuff will get us nowhere. It is not the time to concede. Two points tonight.
      With you. If we kept our cool/didn't retaliate (and no one got injured while we waited for things to play out) things could have been different last night. 3 pp goals is a lot to give up. When trash is the way someone gets you off your game, discipline is everything Reactivity killed us and the game plan last night. Happily the attitude this team has when they have lost is a far cry from the one they have had in the past. What is done is done and tomorrow (today) is another day. And if the loss last night (shudder) was the worst thing in the world something is wrong with perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        Who started the grow one for Dougie? Someone had crocheted a red, white, and blue beard for the Riverhawk.
        That's the first time I've seen him referred to as 'Dougie' on these threads, but that's what he's called in his hometown.

I didn't say our fans were any better. I said the whole league is boring and they are. BU loses to BC and we hear the where's your Beanpot every time. BU does some stupid thing about BC~ who cares about BC and last I checked BC has the silly little pot. The chant that says sux after what ever the first team chants- duh they all do that. BU always pulls out the if can't get into college go to State (Ironic considering grad rates of the various teams and the huge debt that doesn't guarantee you squat when you leave). The most creative fans are the NU fans. They make me laugh but even they have been tame lately.
        Agree about the NU student section, but have you ever been to Maine? The student section is constantly chanting and all over the opposing goaltender and I've never heard the word sucks or any profanity come from their mouths. Funny bunch up there.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Guess I got the non hokydad biased opinion of lyles I was looking for.
          had a nice goal last night...

while you were sitting at home watching your in laws(of your partner of course) on jerry springer

Comment

I know...it's already been mentioned (amongst other aspects of his game and recent play).

Since I'm a BC season ticket holder, I was at conte...during the UML-BU game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
              had a nice goal last night...

while you were sitting at home watching your in laws(of your partner of course) on jerry springer
              He also continues to take stupid penalties on a regular basis. Two against Merrimack and one again last night against BU. He's a liability in transition and Lowell has to have better options.
              Lowell Forever
              Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                He also continues to take stupid penalties on a regular basis. Two against Merrimack and one again last night against BU. He's a liability in transition and Lowell has to have better options.
                Apparently the coach doesnt agree with you. He is also second on D in scoring and a +6. 2nd on D with 5-6 less games..

None of the penalties you mention resulted in a goal, one was matching.

Stupid coaches. I would suggest e-mailing them
                Last edited by Hokydad; 02-18-2012, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                  That's the first time I've seen him referred to as 'Dougie' on these threads, but that's what he's called in his hometown.

Agree about the NU student section, but have you ever been to Maine? The student section is constantly chanting and all over the opposing goaltender and I've never heard the word sucks or any profanity come from their mouths. Funny bunch up there.
                  Haven't been to Maine in yrs. Basing it on what I hear at the home rink. When I was there they were pretty funny. Doesn't seem they travel like they used to.

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                  Apparently the coach doesnt agree with you. He is also second on D in scoring and a +6. 2nd on D with 5-6 less games..

Is that really his stat??!! Seriously-I would have guessed a (-). Every time he hits the ice I hold my breath. I love to see him light the guys up when he checks but he seems to have a serious color blindness problem when passing up the middle from behind the net and passing in general.

Comment

+/- only matters when compared to the rest of the team... What of the rest of the d-men?
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Typical hokydad...just can't take him serious with this level of bias. If you ever have a single bad thing to say about one of his guys, he immediately gets defensive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post

None of the penalties you mention resulted in a goal, one was matching.

Took another stupid penalty in the first ten minutes. Again. Nothing you say about this kid is going to change what I've witnessed with my own eyes. He's garbage defensively. Fact.
                        Lowell Forever
                        Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                          Took another stupid penalty in the first ten minutes. Again. Nothing you say about this kid is going to change what I've witnessed with my own eyes. He's garbage defensively. Fact.
                          I don't know. I saw him actually think and back off about then too. The thinking part was so obvious I could hear the gears grinding on TV.

Comment

Lyles and Thompson are killing this team. Lyles with his penalties and Thompson has given the puck away twice on the breakout tonight. One lead to Lowell being pinned and taking a penalty, the other to the BU goal. Absolutely dreadful. Please play Sinitsyn.
                            Lowell Forever
                            Forever Lowell

Comment

What would a game against BU be without a reviewed goal. What were they looking for?

Edit- 2 goals reviewed. The first was good.... aaaand so is the second
                              Last edited by leswp1; 02-18-2012, 08:07 PM.

Comment

What would a game against BU be without a reviewed goal. What were they looking for?
                                NESN has the ref reviewing the goal wearing a microphone so you can hear him while he's reviewing. Kind of a cool concept. He was looking to make sure Wilson's tip wasn't a high stick. It obviously wasn't so the goal was upheld.

Fun game to watch.....just scored to go 3-1 as I type this!

Edit: Under review again...
                                U.S. Naval Academy '06 - BS
                                UMass Lowell '12 - MBA

Comment

Working...
                                X