X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2011-2012 Thread: Part II

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    everyone except for VT is a threat in this league right now on a given night. Doesn't matter who it is just how the team plays.

Tough loss. Lil figures the reason it didn't turn out well was Gumby wasn't in the stands and the Easy Button was missing. they better get on it next game!
    Not only is Hoc East wide open, the entire nation is wide open. There are new #1's after every weekend. I'd have to say any of the top 5 teams in HE could win the conferance playoffs, and any team in the top 10 in the nation could win a national title. This is the way college hoc. should be. It's gonna come down to whoever is playing best and getting the best goaltending at the end of the year and in the NCAA's. Maine and Lowell are obviously in that mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
      Yeah, he sure showed his true colors tonight when he punched a Lowell player in the face after the whistle on Lowell's elbowing penalty.

Why they didn't give Diamond a penalty I'll never know. That PP resulted in the game winning goal. Oh well, on to BU.

But PLEASE don't sit there and act like Diamond isn't a cheap scumbag thug, especially when we all witnessed it tonight in living color.
      Easy up guy. Diamond is a different player, he doesn't take dumb penalties anymore, he might be "dirty" but what player isn't? Would you want him on your team? If you don't answer yes you're lying.
      Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
        Lowell has already beaten both of those teams once this year. 2 of those 4 games are at home, where Lowell is 10-2 on the season.
        Yes have fun with that and I believe the record falls to 10-3.
        Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Originally posted by Gusforhobey View Post
          Yes have fun with that and I believe the record falls to 10-3.
          No, it's 10-2. They lost to BC and Maine at home, that's it.
          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Gusforhobey View Post
            Easy up guy. Diamond is a different player, he doesn't take dumb penalties anymore, he might be "dirty" but what player isn't? Would you want him on your team? If you don't answer yes you're lying.
            Thanks for chiming in. Diamond is a different player from the beginning of the year. Those of us who have seen him in every game know that. No more embellishment calls on him either.

Comment

Lowell has already beaten both of those teams once this year. 2 of those 4 games are at home, where Lowell is 10-2 on the season.
              By a combined score of 10-1.

Comment

Really tough loss last night. I think having dominated the game but giving up the first goal killed Lowell a bit. They did respond with the tying goal eventually, but taking a bad penalty did come back and hurt this team. And yes, I was reminded once again why I hate Diamond.
                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

No, it's 10-2. They lost to BC and Maine at home, that's it.
                  correct, forget you lost to UConn in Nashua, not in your barn. You guys have a great team, im sure Lowell could make a deep run in the tourny. Doug Carr is a great goalie. Good luck rest of the season.
                  Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                    If the team makes it there I don't think you'll have a problem getting warm bodies... and the school would probably organize something anyways. Needless to say, if we're there, so am I.
                    I'm pretty sure hitch hiking is not allowed on I-95!
                    2009 Hockey East Tournament Finalists
                    2012 NCAA Final 8
                    2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions
                    2013 Hockey East Tournament Champions

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      Really tough loss last night. I think having dominated the game but giving up the first goal killed Lowell a bit. They did respond with the tying goal eventually, but taking a bad penalty did come back and hurt this team. And yes, I was reminded once again why I hate Diamond.
                      I thought the River Hawks played decently last night but simply failed to cash in on their half dozen chances that I saw either hit crossbars, into Sullivan's breadbasket, hop over sticks, or was just "this much" off. The passing that was wonderful during the Merrimack game was simply a bit off, especially during the second and third periods. It was a physical game and Maine simply trapped their way to victory; they were the aggressors in the second and third periods, and I think simply that they were the team that was the more desperate of the two. Maine's third and fourth lines were the difference makers; while the top line of Abbott, Flynn, and rat-bastard Diamond were held in check, the remaining three lines were a hair better than Lowell. Mangene was everywhere last night and had a really good game. The third period reminded me of the third period of the Providence game where Maine held three/four/even five guys back. Sure, Maine's power play did score the GW goal, but it was a better discilpine and a more physical prowess that won them the game. Lowell to me simply ran out of the emotional gas after defeating Merrimack on the previous eveving. It was a concern of mine even before the series to face them and Maine in the same weekend, but at least we got the most important game in my mind.

I'm somewhat disappointed with my city last night as a whole last night. For the past 16 years, this city has been itching at the trigger to have a team that is at and/or near the top of the Hockey East standings this time of the year. Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about the students here, this is more in-line with the community response. There was a noticeable difference in atmosphere between the Merrimack game Friday to the Maine game last night. I'm sorry -- 4600 people (with at least 1/4 to 1/3 Maine fans) simply doesn't cut it for a first place team that had shattered all expectations. They are and have been winning for the majority of the year and the Mill City has an opportunity to redeem itself mightly on Friday. Anything under 6000K for that one would be unquestionably a sad story to report. The River Hawks have answered the bell all year long after tough losses....it's time for the city to do the same thing on Friday with BU in undoubtably the biggest game this town has seen since that cold January evening in North Billerica in 1996.
                      - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Good post John. Agree, it would be nice to get 6,000 in the Tsongas Friday night. The students are doing their part. Hopefully Chaz /The Sun will start building this series up in the press by mid week for a change . This is a huge weekend for the program.

Also, I hope they fix the scoreboard, I'm not sure what the problem is but it's been going on for several games now. I saw Marty at the Maine game, I'm sure he can be happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                          Also, I hope they fix the scoreboard, I'm not sure what the problem is but it's been going on for several games now. I saw Marty at the Maine game, I'm sure he can be happy with it.
                          Agreed....that really needs to be addressed. I'm sure it's interfering with concerts and stuff too.
                          Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                          Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                          "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                          KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

They also only had one camera working the crowd. That made a huge difference. I was dying to see what the chick with the yellow large thing was wearing but never did because the camera was on her and off in a flash. WHen they had the 2 cameras for Fri nights game they showed more inbetween play. I really love that part. It makes a huge difference to the atmosphere. One guy can't be everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
                              I thought the River Hawks played decently last night but simply failed to cash in on their half dozen chances that I saw either hit crossbars, into Sullivan's breadbasket, hop over sticks, or was just "this much" off. The passing that was wonderful during the Merrimack game was simply a bit off, especially during the second and third periods. It was a physical game and Maine simply trapped their way to victory; they were the aggressors in the second and third periods, and I think simply that they were the team that was the more desperate of the two. Maine's third and fourth lines were the difference makers; while the top line of Abbott, Flynn, and rat-bastard Diamond were held in check, the remaining three lines were a hair better than Lowell. Mangene was everywhere last night and had a really good game. The third period reminded me of the third period of the Providence game where Maine held three/four/even five guys back. Sure, Maine's power play did score the GW goal, but it was a better discilpine and a more physical prowess that won them the game. Lowell to me simply ran out of the emotional gas after defeating Merrimack on the previous eveving. It was a concern of mine even before the series to face them and Maine in the same weekend, but at least we got the most important game in my mind.

I'm somewhat disappointed with my city last night as a whole last night. For the past 16 years, this city has been itching at the trigger to have a team that is at and/or near the top of the Hockey East standings this time of the year. Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about the students here, this is more in-line with the community response. There was a noticeable difference in atmosphere between the Merrimack game Friday to the Maine game last night. I'm sorry -- 4600 people (with at least 1/4 to 1/3 Maine fans) simply doesn't cut it for a first place team that had shattered all expectations. They are and have been winning for the majority of the year and the Mill City has an opportunity to redeem itself mightly on Friday. Anything under 6000K for that one would be unquestionably a sad story to report. The River Hawks have answered the bell all year long after tough losses....it's time for the city to do the same thing on Friday with BU in undoubtably the biggest game this town has seen since that cold January evening in North Billerica in 1996.
                              Lowell has come a long way with their fan support though.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                                They also only had one camera working the crowd. That made a huge difference. I was dying to see what the chick with the yellow large thing was wearing but never did because the camera was on her and off in a flash. WHen they had the 2 cameras for Fri nights game they showed more inbetween play. I really love that part. It makes a huge difference to the atmosphere. One guy can't be everywhere.
                                It's fun to see what the students come up with each game now. More and more are dressing up which makes it fun. The guy with the beard who was wearing the evening dress on Friday was funny. I also loved the noise they made at the end of the Maine game when Lowell was trying to tie it. Great job!!
                                Last edited by boblav1; 02-12-2012, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X