This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

Starting to feel better about Destry Straight's future at BC. If he's teamed up with talented linemates, I could see him putting up 25-30 points as a Sophmore.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
      Starting to feel better about Destry Straight's future at BC. If he's teamed up with talented linemates, I could see him putting up 25-30 points as a Sophmore.
      I think this class will be very solid as sophomores simply due to adding more weight and muscle in the offseason. It's universally accepted for every freshman class at any school but a bigger deal here with undersized/younger players. You have Gaudreau who is already dominating and the best freshman in the league by far. Not sure how much added weight will affect him. He may get pushed around at times but he's great in tight space because of his quickness. But Straight clearly needs to get bigger (6'0" 165 lbs per BC roster). If he can do that he could do well next season. Quinn Smith is already a very tenacious player that bangs but he is undersized and could add a few more pounds. His role likely won't change much over 4 years. Adding some weight will help him in his role IMO. Sit isn't a small guy so he should be in better shape to just get stronger - similar to Linell also.

This class will contribute far more than we expected 12 months ago.
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

whoever scores more PPG's wins. have to stay out of the box.

dont know if abbott will play, but i lean towards no. a courtesy cheap shot from angry jack's goon squad?
        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

"We aren't satisfied with this, we want the big one" -Parker Milner

That is why Jerry York is the greatest ever. I love this team.
          BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
          National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
          Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Also, ladies and gentlemen update your signatures.
            BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
            National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
            Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Before Kenny chimes in, THAT is what I was looking for. Maine never recovered from the all out blitz BC put on in the first 20 minutes. It set the tone for the rest of the game. Great penalty killing and goaltending from Milner. I love his resiliency even within a game. He turned the puck over to Diamond leading to Maine's only goal and then shut the door after that.

Maine settled into the game with some good puck possession and cycling, but BC never truly let them back in the game. The Gaudreau feed to Mullane at the end of the 2nd was the play of the game for me.

They made history tonight (something that should have been done in 2000 )...3rd straight title. Did not see this coming going into the year. Just another great coaching performance.

And as I said in the score update thread, I think everyone knows who the best rookie in Hockey East is.

Finally, already seen a ton of versions, but here is mine:

Worcester:

1. BC
              2. UMD
              3. Maine
              4. Air Force

St. Paul:

1. Michigan
              2. Minnesota
              3. BU
              4. Cornell

Bridgeport:

1. Union
              2. Ferris State
              3. UML
              4. MSU

Green Bay:

1. UND
              2. Miami
              3. Denver
              4. WMU

Comment

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  congrats on your hea tournament title!
                  Thanks Mookie!!

For the non-sandbaggers, think of what we've lost last year and here we are.

Thank God for Jerry York

Comment

BTW get the ******* off the bench after the game Gene DeFillippo

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                      BTW get the ******* off the bench after the game Gene DeFillippo
                      We don't have to worry about him being in Worcester, right? He'll be at the Garden?

Comment

Congratulations. They played a great game and totally shut down Maine. Not really much to say...the game was a yawner. Maine was never really in it...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          We don't have to worry about him being in Worcester, right? He'll be at the Garden?
                          I yelled down at him as soon as I saw him. GTFO Napoleon

Comment

Congrats to the BC Eagles! This program, no matter who comes and who goes, just seems to find a way to get it done. Plus they do it with a high class coach and high class players. Nice job!

(Side Note: I think you are a fanbase who knows better, unlike *ahem* Yale and a few others. But don't think for a SECOND that Air Force is a team to take lightly! )
                            Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
                            -dggoddard

Comment

Originally posted by JS Tigers View Post
                              Congrats to the BC Eagles! This program, no matter who comes and who goes, just seems to find a way to get it done. Plus they do it with a high class coach and high class players. Nice job!

(Side Note: I think you are a fanbase who knows better, unlike *ahem* Yale and a few others. But don't think for a SECOND that Air Force is a team to take lightly! )
                              Yea, we made that mistake a few years ago. Still stings...
                              Originally posted by alfablue
                              Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                              Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                                I yelled down at him as soon as I saw him. GTFO Napoleon
                                lol, i'm shocked he was even there

Comment

Working...
                                X