X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
    BC is winning these games, but the Eagles have not played well in a few weeks. Running out of gas?
    Winning these games? How about winning every game since 1/21/12. This time of year it's about winning and they are certainly doing that right.

Revenge factor tonight, being swept in Maine was BC's last loss. Pay back time.

Comment

Looking at their schedule since the MC series, they've played PC twice, VT twice, UMass twice, PC again (hardly the gauntlet of opposition). Most of those games have been on TV and it seems they are playing worse with each game. Just my .02.
      Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Good recovery from Milner after a tough start.

Hard to believe given where they were earlier in the year, but one win away from doing something they've never done under York--three straight HE titles. And they're currently on the longest winning streak in the York era (14 and counting hopefully).
        When Milner let that second goal in i was wondering if his confidence was going to take a major hit and he would revert back to what he was earlier in the year and to his enormous credit, he shook it off and played the rest of the game as confidently and cleanly as he had been and PC had a number of excellent chances. Great job kid.

Also, didnt BC also win 14 in a row before, (gulp) the Michigan St disaster/choke job in 2007? i'll have to go check that one out

edit: they won 13 in a row in 2007 leading to the Boyle Pinch
        Last edited by sterlippo1; 03-17-2012, 08:07 AM.

Comment

I know it's beating a dead horse but compare the two:

“I can’t describe how disappointed I was in my team’s effort tonight, or lack of such,” said BU coach Jack Parker. “We had a lot of key guys just disappear I thought. I thought that we left Kieran out to dry a number of times. We gave up four power-play goals, one of which was an empty-netter, and they didn’t have to work for anything."

York: "To get to the Garden, we had to go through a pretty difficult opponent in UMass. I think Providence came out the same way, they played us hard."

Comment

York is obviously the better coach - and has maintained success into his 60s a lot better than Parker. But to be fair, quoting one guy after a win vs the other guy after a loss doesn't prove your point.

Comment

Onion man, absolutely nothing wrong with saying what you said. It's a valid point and deserves to be on the table. It shouldn't cause certain people to become all defensive. My only concern is they'll have to play better to win it all. We've seen them do it. I'm not gonna attack them if they don't. Winning 14 in a row in any fashion is mighty impressive.

Comment

One good thing about last night as well was Dumoulin was logging closer to Dumoulin minutes last night.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                  One good thing about last night as well was Dumoulin was logging closer to Dumoulin minutes last night.
                  yeah, and looked a bit better but still kinda stiff, isnt skating or cutting well yet

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                    Revenge factor tonight, being swept in Maine was BC's last loss. Pay back time.
                    I agree. I think BC finds the gas tonight that some people say they're running out of.

6-3, BC.
                    Chris V
                    Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

I have to give some kudos to Steve Whitney. You see multipoint games everywhere and he really has taken the stupid penalty out of his game. REally helped in the balance of scoring.

Comment

Anyone know if Abbott is playing tonight? I'd be surprised to see him.
                        Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

congrats on your hea tournament title!
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                            Anyone know if Abbott is playing tonight? I'd be surprised to see him.
                            I think someone posted in the Maine thread that Whitehead said he doesn't expect Abbott in the lineup tonight.
                            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                            BC - 12
                            BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Congratulations on the 2012 Hockey East Championship!

3 in a row and 5 out of the last 6! WOW!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                congrats on your hea tournament title!
                                was wondering when you'd post that

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                                Congratulations on the 2012 Hockey East Championship!

3 in a row and 5 out of the last 6! WOW!
                                A Mookie disciple , is sandbagging a major at BU?

ok, so i'll play this game. I actually think Maine is going to take this tonight, honestly, with Abbott or without him.............just a gut feeling. I think Maine is the team no one wants to play , IMO........ I would have preferred a BU-BC matchup so we could have listened to the tired "we are sick of BC-BU" refrain from Husky nation

Comment

Working...
                                X