X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
    And most importantly, Milner turning the corner in a BIG way. Now I know that nobody is going to trust him until he does this when it counts the most, but there is reason for a level of optimism that would have seemed unthinkable at this season's half way point.
    Not nobody. I trust him NOW. His positioning and rebound control (including directing rebounds to the corners) has been outstanding. He's making goaltending look easy.
    The D hasn't been too shabby either.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
      There were positives from this weekend but on the whole these two games cause much more agita than they should've.
      Don't you think that most teams play "down" to the competition? Even if it's only subconsciously? I wouldn't be too concerned about it. There wasn't exactly a "rocking" atmosphere in these games. I think you'll see a much different team on Friday in the big house. BC always plays when it has to. Yeah, I know, you'll say "But they should play with full intensity ALL the time." Guess what? Impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
        Don't you think that most teams play "down" to the competition? Even if it's only subconsciously? I wouldn't be too concerned about it. There wasn't exactly a "rocking" atmosphere in these games. I think you'll see a much different team on Friday in the big house. BC always plays when it has to. Yeah, I know, you'll say "But they should play with full intensity ALL the time." Guess what? Impossible.
        I can understand playing down on the old Tuesday in November game against UMLOL or the type but for a playoff game? Sorry that hockey we saw on Friday night was disgusting.

BTW for those looking for tickets on Friday, I walked down to the garden box office and asked for the student discount (several years removed in full shirt & tie) and they gave it to me. $12.50 per ticket (was able to grab 5), best deal in town.

My thinking is the 5:00 will be empty so I can grab a seat in the first couple of rows like last year. I think the balcony is better than the loge in that place anyways.

Comment

Do I understand correctly that UMD wins the Top Seed overall if both they and BC win out this weekend?
          Chris V
          Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

I believe so. I have a feeling we're also going to see a 2nd HE team in Worcester as well.

Comment

I believe so. I have a feeling we're also going to see a 2nd HE team in Worcester as well.
              yeah, and i think we live on the same street

Comment

I guess that would help cement Worcester as the top site for attendance...be it Maine or BU.
                Chris V
                Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

I can understand playing down on the old Tuesday in November game against UMLOL or the type but for a playoff game? Sorry that hockey we saw on Friday night was disgusting.

BTW for those looking for tickets on Friday, I walked down to the garden box office and asked for the student discount (several years removed in full shirt & tie) and they gave it to me. $12.50 per ticket (was able to grab 5), best deal in town.

My thinking is the 5:00 will be empty so I can grab a seat in the first couple of rows like last year. I think the balcony is better than the loge in that place anyways.
                  i just went on HE web site and the $17.00 balcony seat carries fees of $13.20 so the total for a ticked is $30.20, imagine? i am thinking i will just buy a ticket at the window. I think there wont be a problem but then again, the Mainahs will be there and they may have gobbled up all the tickets by then..........and totally agree with you, lower rows in the balcony are the best seats in the house for hockey

Comment

The biggest positive for me was Parker Milner. The amount of confidence compared to a month ago in a big spot is absurd. He made some huge saves this weekend in high pressured spots.

Another positive is Gaudreau (and more specifically his line). Amazing vision, solid offensive pressure, etc. He drew a (really multiple) penalty in each game under two minutes up a goal but neither were called.[/QUOTE]

I think another positive that has been overlooked by most is the improved play of Wey. I think he has only been involved with 5 of BC's losses this season and two of those were in the first week of his return from a serious injury to his foot which I assume limited conditioning. When he is in the line-up his presence can go virtually unnoticed but in his absence we were all talking about the overuse of Cross and Dumoulin. His return has reduced their minutes and improved the quality of their play generally. Dumoulin's recent troubles have been discussed quite extensively and have little to do with Wey's return.

As playoffs go deeper strength and presence at the blueline will matter more and more.

Comment

Fr Barrett posted this on EA a while ago and somehow i remembered. I called this guy Adam and got 2 seats for each night for $14.50 each, no fees and you can pick them up at will call. He works for the Bruins and told me they are doing this because they want to try to fill the building up and if i knew any one interested, its a great deal, especially of you were going to buy from the thieves at ticketmaster.

The Hockey East Semi-finals begin at 5 p.m. on March 16th. The Championship game will take place the following night on the 17th at 8 p.m. Tickets are sold separately for each date, with the 16th including two games and the 17th the Championship game. Tickets are available directly through me in four different price ranges:

Club Seats - $41.50

Loge - $32.50 ($5 discount included)

Balcony Row 1 & 2 - $27.50

Balcony - $14.50 ($5 discount included)

To secure your seats, please contact me directly at 617-624-1858 or adivincenzo@bostonbruins.com.

Thanks,

Adam

Adam DiVincenzo
                      Season Ticket Account Executive
                      Boston Bruins and TD Garden
                      100 Legends Way, Boston, MA 02114
                      Phone: 617.624.1858

Comment

I think BC will play much better this weekend than they did last weekend. The juniors on this year's team are 10-0 at the Garden. They know when it's time to step it up.

Comment

For anyone interested in reliving the past debates of "Was he offered a contract? Was he pushed to go pro?" etc etc, or think about his future in the NHL, you can enjoy this article on Kreider in the Wall Street Journal.
                          http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...109720192.html

Comment

Originally posted by tomwarns View Post
                            For anyone interested in reliving the past debates of "Was he offered a contract? Was he pushed to go pro?" etc etc, or think about his future in the NHL, you can enjoy this article on Kreider in the Wall Street Journal.
                            http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...109720192.html
                            seems like a well adjusted young man and a credit to Boston College

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                              Fr Barrett posted this on EA a while ago and somehow i remembered. I called this guy Adam and got 2 seats for each night for $14.50 each, no fees and you can pick them up at will call. He works for the Bruins and told me they are doing this because they want to try to fill the building up and if i knew any one interested, its a great deal, especially of you were going to buy from the thieves at ticketmaster.

The Hockey East Semi-finals begin at 5 p.m. on March 16th. The Championship game will take place the following night on the 17th at 8 p.m. Tickets are sold separately for each date, with the 16th including two games and the 17th the Championship game. Tickets are available directly through me in four different price ranges:

Club Seats - $41.50

Loge - $32.50 ($5 discount included)

Balcony Row 1 & 2 - $27.50

Balcony - $14.50 ($5 discount included)

To secure your seats, please contact me directly at 617-624-1858 or adivincenzo@bostonbruins.com.

Thanks,

Adam

Adam DiVincenzo
                              Season Ticket Account Executive
                              Boston Bruins and TD Garden
                              100 Legends Way, Boston, MA 02114
                              Phone: 617.624.1858
                              Thanks for this info. I might have to go watch BC stumble into the championship game.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                                Thanks for this info. I might have to go watch BC stumble into the championship game.
                                we have to play better than we have been or we wont even be there
                                Last edited by sterlippo1; 03-14-2012, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X