X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
    Can never hurt

A fun fact, BC hasn't lost at home to a HE team not named BU since 11-5-10 a 2-1 L to UNH. One of the best games at Conte in a while. It is a streak of 24 games
    one of the very few home games i've missed over 6 years. Funny i gave my tickets to a UNH grad.........

and, this from The Kid who answered the email in record time, on Brian Dumoulin:

It is a bruised knee and I believe he will sit out todays practice.
    With a weeks rest, I think Dumoulin will be more like 90 percent for
    Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      one of the very few home games i've missed over 6 years. Funny i gave my tickets to a UNH grad.........

and, this from The Kid who answered the email in record time, on Brian Dumoulin:

It is a bruised knee and I believe he will sit out todays practice.
      With a weeks rest, I think Dumoulin will be more like 90 percent for
      Friday.
      Good to hear, as I said last week he's our most valuable player as we enter the stretch run. He's been the best dman in HE since the day he stepped on campus.

Comment

Good to hear, as I said last week he's our most valuable player as we enter the stretch run. He's been the best dman in HE since the day he stepped on campus.
        If only BC didn't throw out a 4 year offer, he'd be a wildcat.

But really, enjoy the run while you got it. York was a miracle worker keeping him his junior year. I am on the BC bandwagon this year and this year only! The UNH bandwagon ran out of gas sometime back in September

Good luck down the stretch!
        "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

Originally posted by unh_hockey View Post
          If only BC didn't throw out a 4 year offer, he'd be a wildcat.

But really, enjoy the run while you got it. York was a miracle worker keeping him his junior year. I am on the BC bandwagon this year and this year only! The UNH bandwagon ran out of gas sometime back in September

Good luck down the stretch!
          Thanks. We are definitely spoiled under York.

He's also done a great, great job at keeping the top players and picks at least 3 years which has allowed the sustained level.
          ____

Thanks to our friend Priceless on the Bracketology thread:
          Who is in:
          Boston College - The lowest I can get them is 7th. I can't get both Lowell and BU ahead of the Eagles. If the Hockey East title came down to them, only the winner would finish ahead of the Eagles. BC's astronomical RPI and stellar record vs TUC's keep them ahead of most teams, even if they get swept at the hands of UMass. If they sweep UMass it will be very difficult to unseat BC from the #1 seed overall.

This would be huge, to get the Atlantic Hockey team and avoid a powerful yet underachieving team like last year in the first round.

Comment

I think Parker Milner played his way onto being named first team Hockey East. I never thought I would have said that 2 months ago. What helps him is the coaches are only suppose to vote on Hockey East games. And since that is who it has been against over this great stretch (minus the Beanpot games vs. Hockey East teams), they probably have to give it to him.

Other than Dumoulin for first team and Gaudreau for the All Rookie team, does anyone else receive a nomination?

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
              I think Parker Milner played his way onto being named first team Hockey East. I never thought I would have said that 2 months ago. What helps him is the coaches are only suppose to vote on Hockey East games. And since that is who it has been against over this great stretch (minus the Beanpot games vs. Hockey East teams), they probably have to give it to him.

Other than Dumoulin for first team and Gaudreau for the All Rookie team, does anyone else receive a nomination?
              I would throw Almeida in there. He's 2nd in the conference in goals scored.
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Thanks. We are definitely spoiled under York.
                Understatement of the year. It is silly what BC has done under Jerry's leadership. (Throw Cav in there too, he has been there all but the very first year.) To take over the BC program at arguably its lowest point and turn it into the nations most consistent national power, certainly the best team in the east for the last 12-14 years, is truly remarkable. The one constant through this historic run for the program has been Yorkie and Cav (and Loguey too). Year after year they prove to be the best at their trade. BC Hockey has great tradition, but what they have done since 1998 is legendary. They have raised our level of expectations to a point where Beanpots and HE Regular Season titles are nice to win, but are essentially meaningless if BC doesn't finish the best team in the nation.

With the way BC has been playing, it is hard to imagine Umass coming into Conte and taking two of three, but stranger things have happened. Would love to see a drama-free sweep into the garden. Keep the momentum and confidence peaking into the HE tournament.

Comment

If BC loses to UMass, will they also lose a #1 seed in the NCAAs?

Also, it is an irony that the loss to CC last year could end up being the antidote for it not to happen this year. Virtually everyone on the team this season was around for (or at least remembers) the collapse last season. Hopefully BC stays in Worcester, which prompted my question above.
                  Last edited by Chris_NH; 03-06-2012, 07:34 AM.
                  Chris V
                  Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                    If BC loses to UMass, will they also lose a #1 seed in the NCAAs?

Also, it is an irony that the loss to CC last year could end up being the antidote for it not to happen this year. Virtually everyone on the team this season was around for (or at least remembers) the collapse last season. Hopefully BC stays in Worcester, which prompted my question above.
                    According to the PWR master here. The lowest we can possibly fall is 7th in the PWR and with a sweep of UMass we nearly assure ourselves of being the #1 overall seed.

Barring anything crazy we'll be in Worcester.

Comment

Excellent. Thank you! It will be good to see them in Worcester, and I'm sure for attendance purposes the NCAA committee would like to see them there, too. If Maine is also sited there I think the Worcester Regional will trump the other three for attendance...regardless of who the other two teams are.

According to the PWR master here. The lowest we can possibly fall is 7th in the PWR and with a sweep of UMass we nearly assure ourselves of being the #1 overall seed.

Barring anything crazy we'll be in Worcester.
                      Chris V
                      Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Don't know if many of you go on hfboards, but there's a thread on there with someone speculating/hearing that Vatrano won't be coming next year do a year in the USHL. This seems rather improbable to me with the departures of Almeida,Carey, T Atkinson and all but certain Kreider. I was actually going to be surprised if they didn't pick up another late forward recruit like they did with Linell last year.

here's the link... http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1123841
                        Last edited by sigx15; 03-06-2012, 09:01 AM. Reason: added link

Comment

Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
                          Don't know if many of you go on hfboards, but there's a thread on there with someone speculating/hearing that Vatrano won't be coming next year do a year in the USHL. This seems rather improbable to me with the departures of Almeida,Carey, T Atkinson and all but certain Kreider. I was actually going to be surprised if they didn't pick up another late forward recruit like they did with Linell last year.

here's the link... http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1123841
                          I could see BC asking Brendan Silk to play in the USHL next year, due to injuries and not being productive for the development program; but certainly not Frank Vatrano. He is putting up big numbers for the development team and has already filled out. Silk can still put on some weight.

Comment

Isn't Vatrano the kid built like a tank?

Edit: Yup at 17 he's 5-10 216

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                              From reading the other threads and BB, it sounds like NU is losing more players, either leaving the team or decommitting from their program. A name that pops up is Garrett Haar and Bitetto making a startling statement. What's the scoop on Garrett Haar?
                              Haar is currently a freshman at western Michigan. Decommitted from NU when gaudreau did
                              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Isn't Vatrano the kid built like a tank?

Edit: Yup at 17 he's 5-10 216
                                BC has accelerated Evan Richardson. Given Silk's year it does not look like he is ready to come. He'll probably do another year in the USHL. I doubt they will ask Vatrano to do another year in the USHL.

Comment

Working...
                                X